We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: VeraAlerts in Bridged Vera Environment  (Read 1305 times)

Offline clippermiami

VeraAlerts in Bridged Vera Environment
« on: May 19, 2014, 09:27:46 am »
Am I correct in my assumption that in order to use Vera Alerts in a bridged environment I have to have a licensed copy installed and running on the bridged unit? How do I handle users to receive notifications, the same ones on the primary or do I have to replicate users on the secondary?

Thanks
John
Two Vera Plus UI7 Linked via HTTP, 90+ Devices. PlugIns: PLEG, DSC, Blue Iris, MySensors,  AutoVera, ImperiHome, VeraAlerts, EventWatcher

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
Re: VeraAlerts in Bridged Vera Environment
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 09:50:17 am »
It would be two separate installs, you can replicate Vera Users and the Profiles, (i.e. the same Vera Mobile ID on each).

You may want to use the MsgPrefix  option to color code or add a fixed Message prefix to identify which Vera is sending.

But I would have thought you could do everything from the Master Vera .. I thought you would be able to Notifications from the Slave devices there.

Offline clippermiami

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 10:53:32 am »
Apparently you can do notifications from the Primary for secondary devices EXCEPT for Ping Sensors :) [and i'm guessing others might display similar problems]

I tried putting some Ping sensors on the secondary and reporting from the Primary via Vera Alerts. Turns out any time the relationship between Veras changes --- a Restart on either Primary OR secondary for example --- the status of the devices on the secondary is updated on the Primary of course. In the case of the Ping however that means it reports the Ping Failed and and then Recovered immediately when  contact between the Veras was restored resulting in two back-to-back notifications, DOWN and UP  :)

It all works, just not necessarily the way we'd like :)

I did subsequently license Vera Alerts for the secondary but there is minor problem. I can't get the "Report" from the alert module actually installed on the secondary (pushing the button does nothing), only from the Secondary image on the Primary. That report shows i have 6 licenses for 12 profiles while the Reports button on the actual Primary Alerts module shows 4 licenses for 8 profiles. No big deal but I thought I'd mention it.

Two Vera Plus UI7 Linked via HTTP, 90+ Devices. PlugIns: PLEG, DSC, Blue Iris, MySensors,  AutoVera, ImperiHome, VeraAlerts, EventWatcher

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 11:01:48 pm »
The Vera Alerts will probably not work properly on the master if the master shows both the Slave and Master Vera Alerts device. This device is not designed to be replicated. Do not open the "Notification Configuration" for a Vera Alerts device except when directly connected to the Vera for that device. It will likely screw up your notifications.  It can be fixed by opening the "Notification Configuration" for the correct device.

Keep me posted on your progress ... 

Offline clippermiami

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 07:40:47 am »
Everything seems to work for both Vera Alerts. You are correct that the Notifications Configuration in the Secondary "image" on the Primary is "odd" but it didn't seem to do any damage. I have dotted out to only used the Alerts controls the module I want to effect, I.e. only control the Secondary Alerts actually using the Secondary and vice.

I don't currently have much running on the Secondary anyway. I did try moving the Day/Night Plugin to the Secondary and using it is a PLEG running the Primary.  I could see it and select it in the PLEG Inputs but it didn't actually work. The Status showed the correct states but the controlled lights didn't change state until reinstalled the Plugin on the Primary and re-selected the PLEG inputs. nothing significant as I'm guessing the Plugin is not a significant Vera load factor.

Feeling my way through :-)

John

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 08:40:43 am »
When you are done ... A summary of behaviors of Plugins in a master/slave configuration would be helpful ... I have not seen any documentation. And I do not know how it supposed to behave.

Offline clippermiami

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2014, 09:28:20 am »
When you are done ... A summary of behaviors of Plugins in a master/slave configuration would be helpful ... I have not seen any documentation. And I do not know how it supposed to behave.

Good idea. I'll see if I can pursue this. It strikes me that the DETAILS of the primary/secondary operation is pretty much still a mystery :)

I don't have much running right now and I'm nor sure how far I'm going to take this. For example I have my DSC Alarm interface working pretty much the way i want now and i'm reluctant to mess with it by moving it to the Secondary. Maybe I can replicate it on the Secondary and try using it that way without destroying the setup on the Primary.

John