We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Z Wave dimmers/fan/compatible LED candelabra lamps  (Read 11893 times)

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
Re: Z Wave dimmers/fan/compatible LED candelabra lamps
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2014, 01:26:03 pm »
There are no 3 wire dimmers that are authorized for use with iris.

Not knowing much about IRIS........

Does that mean they don't work or they just haven't been tested? IRIS might only want to use "IRIS" branded devices and therefore they might work but just not "approved".

This is where an IRIS forum might will be more helpful then what we can be.

Offline Esoteric

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2014, 02:02:22 pm »
They are just not IRIS approved.  I am waiting on my account authorization for the IRIS forums.

Offline gadi1975

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2014, 12:01:20 am »
GE/Jasco just released a new model dimmer switch (45712) that supports LED and CFL bulbs.  I haven't tested it yet but confirmed this info with Jasco.  They also said more info about the new line will be available this summer.

If interested in getting some dimmer switches to test, let me know. I will be adding them to my e-commerce site (www.affordamation.com) soon.
Affordamation - Smart Home Solutions.  Helping you turn your house into a Smart Home!
www.affordamation.com

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2014, 12:28:50 am »
GE/Jasco just released a new model dimmer switch (45712) that supports LED and CFL bulbs.  I haven't tested it yet but confirmed this info with Jasco.  They also said more info about the new line will be available this summer.

If interested in getting some dimmer switches to test, let me know. I will be adding them to my e-commerce site (www.affordamation.com) soon.

Was announced awhile ago but I have yet to see these in the wild. It adds a neutral wire to their line of dimmers and will be replacing the old two wire ones.

Offline gadi1975

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2014, 09:13:41 am »
I just sold 9 of these dimmers to a customer who's building a new house.  He should have them installed within the next week or two.  I'll update this post when I find out how they work for him.
Affordamation - Smart Home Solutions.  Helping you turn your house into a Smart Home!
www.affordamation.com

Offline gadi1975

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2014, 11:37:14 pm »
My customer just had his electrician install the new 45712 dimmers yesterday. I haven't heard back from him about how they work yet, but should soon. I guess in this case, no news is good news  :).

In the meantime, I added several new switches to my e-commerce site. They are the Dimmer (45712), On/Off (45709) and Auxiliary (45710). Here's a link if you're interested in checking them out -> http://www.affordamation.com/product-category/switches/.
www.affordamation.com

Offline hifs

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2014, 08:15:29 pm »
I'd be interested to know how well these dimmers do with LEDs and buzzing coming from the bulbs or if that is even an issue.

Offline Esoteric

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2014, 08:36:01 pm »
The ones I bought do not work with LEDS at all.

Offline gadi1975

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2014, 10:57:40 pm »
Esoteric - What model switch did you get?  What type of LED bulbs are you using?  One last question. What happens when you use the switch?
www.affordamation.com