We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Use doorbell as alarm  (Read 3637 times)

Offline Yannick

Re: Use doorbell as alarm
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2014, 06:08:02 pm »
hmmm learning by doing. thanks for the info. Will just go with the standard relay option as everybody is using. Only available online though. Would I need a 5V version in my setup?

Offline RexBeckett

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
Re: Use doorbell as alarm
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2014, 06:19:54 pm »
hmmm learning by doing. thanks for the info. Will just go with the standard relay option as everybody is using. Only available online though. Would I need a 5V version in my setup?

That isn't clear from your diagram so I think you should measure the actual voltage across the bell-push. This may be AC if it is coming from a simple transformer. You don't see too many relays for low-voltage AC so you may need to add a bridge rectifier and capacitor so you can use a DC relay.

However: Reading back through this thread I see you were wanting to use a single Z-Wave device to both detect and activate the bell. I have to tell you that the Fibaro UBS does not include a Z-Wave controlled output. The two output relays just follow the inputs. It isn't clear from the product description and confuses many people but that's the way it works. It is intended to allow it to be placed between a sensor and an existing alarm system.

If you are going to add a relay, you could continue to use the FGS211.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 06:21:37 pm by RexBeckett »