We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Multiple Relay Irrigation Controller Arduino  (Read 22816 times)

Offline waynehead99

Re: Multiple Relay Irrigation Controller Arduino
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2014, 01:02:48 pm »
That worked... Thanks again.

Offline BulldogLowell

« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2014, 03:23:16 pm »
That worked... Thanks again.

Great. Let me know if it works out okay, particularly the hourly fetch.

Offline waynehead99

« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2014, 12:32:13 am »
One question I have as I want to learn more about this stuff. Do you think there is a way to add an LCD panel to the thing? I might be asking too much of the arduino at this pony but if it's possible I might start trying to do some research on how to program it.

Offline BulldogLowell

« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2014, 08:01:16 am »
One question I have as I want to learn more about this stuff. Do you think there is a way to add an LCD panel to the thing? I might be asking too much of the arduino at this pony but if it's possible I might start trying to do some research on how to program it.

You can add an LCD, because you still have a lot of outputs.  Look at a 16X2 LCD display with an on-board I2C interface and you can easily add it to your arduino and to your sketch.  It will use pins A4 and A5.

This Book is a great resource.

Offline waynehead99

« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2014, 12:56:20 am »
Hey Jim,
Sorry to be a pest again, but I updated my system to the new 1.4 beta. I was holding off as long as I could, but I found an issue with 1.3 that kept causing my vera to restart. Upgrading resolved this issue. Now though, my sprinkler system that you setup for me doesn't communicate anymore. I was able to update all my other sketchs for other sensors without issues because they are simple. This one appears to be above my head on updating. I think its referencing some things in the RF24 folder that isn't in the new 1.4 builds. Think you could help me out in updating the sketch to work with 1.4?

Offline BulldogLowell

« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2014, 07:24:48 am »
Hey Jim,
Sorry to be a pest again, but I updated my system to the new 1.4 beta. I was holding off as long as I could, but I found an issue with 1.3 that kept causing my vera to restart. Upgrading resolved this issue. Now though, my sprinkler system that you setup for me doesn't communicate anymore. I was able to update all my other sketchs for other sensors without issues because they are simple. This one appears to be above my head on updating. I think its referencing some things in the RF24 folder that isn't in the new 1.4 builds. Think you could help me out in updating the sketch to work with 1.4?

Wayne,

I haven't upgraded yet, but I am thinking about doing that over the weekend or next week.

Let me look at the updated IDE and give it a go for you.  Also, we discussed it but I don't remember,  did you eventually add the LCD display to your controller?  I just need to know which version to update.

I'm glad you are happy with the improvements in the new IDE.  I'm looking forward to getting that installed too.  Lots of power interruptions this summer have caused me trouble with my gateway staying connected.

Bet Regards,

Jim

Offline waynehead99

« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2014, 09:04:12 am »
Thanks. I haven't added the LCD yet. Life keeps getting in the way. No rush. I reverted back to 1.3 for now just to get them going again. Here in Denver we have been pushing 100 for the past week with more to come so I needed to keep them running. Thanks again for all your help.

Offline BulldogLowell

« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2014, 09:10:33 am »
Thanks. I haven't added the LCD yet. Life keeps getting in the way. No rush. I reverted back to 1.3 for now just to get them going again. Here in Denver we have been pushing 100 for the past week with more to come so I needed to keep them running. Thanks again for all your help.

as it happens, Hek's site is down anyways, so once that's back up, I'll take a look.

that's too hot..
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 12:01:25 am by BulldogLowell »

Offline BulldogLowell

« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2014, 01:51:03 am »

Wayne, I have the Irrigation Controller for MySensors converted to 1.4.1 to control your sprinklers.

I added an LCD display to the sketch (you asked about that) and it will now control up to 16 valves.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 11:38:04 am by BulldogLowell »

Offline BulldogLowell

« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2015, 09:12:28 pm »
Check out the updated device with new features... Great demo and build tutorial by @PeteWill can help anyone build this!

Irrigation Controller for Vera on YouTube