Author Topic: UI6 Remote API and Issues  (Read 2855 times)

Offline eliteproxy

UI6 Remote API and Issues
« on: June 03, 2014, 03:31:03 am »
Is it me or is this UI6 release the most un planned slap job ever?

There are some fundamental remote API connection changes with zero documentation. All the Wikis are for UI4/5. The UI6 is LITTERED with bugs, no clear explanation form Vera about the MIOS & VERA logins. was this AT ALL tested before releasing? I am not even talking about the weird bootstrap UI that makes my dashboard look like a cluttered mess...half my plugins don't work the remote API's are useless.. there is a new way of doing it.. and you publish no documentation.

does ANYONE have any good documentation on the new UI6 API?

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
Re: UI6 Remote API and Issues
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 04:16:46 am »

There are some fundamental remote API connection changes with zero documentation. All the Wikis are for UI4/5. The UI6 is LITTERED with bugs, no clear explanation form Vera about the MIOS & VERA logins. was this AT ALL tested before releasing? I am not even talking about the weird bootstrap UI that makes my dashboard look like a cluttered mess...half my plugins don't work the remote API's are useless.. there is a new way of doing it.. and you publish no documentation.

UI6 was never considered a final release here on the forums, it was a hold over for UI7 which is in beta still just like UI6.

Most if not everyone will recommend you stick to Ui5 until more things are functional like phone apps. Trying to make Ui6 or Ui7 beta function well is going to leave you more frustrated unless your testing on a spare vera.

Offline eliteproxy

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 04:33:18 am »

UI6 was never considered a final release here on the forums, it was a hold over for UI7 which is in beta still just like UI6.

Most if not everyone will recommend you stick to Ui5 until more things are functional like phone apps. Trying to make Ui6 or Ui7 beta function well is going to leave you more frustrated unless your testing on a spare vera.

you are correct. I assumed since it said update available and I clicked to update I assumed it was not a Beta... my biggest concern is they are completely changing the connection from remote API. I guess regardless how it comes off the production line we can always downgrade to UI5 and use the MIOS API.. or are they planing on cutting those off?

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 04:38:22 am »

you are correct. I assumed since it said update available and I clicked to update I assumed it was not a Beta... my biggest concern is they are completely changing the connection from remote API. I guess regardless how it comes off the production line we can always downgrade to UI5 and use the MIOS API.. or are they planing on cutting those off?

UI5 is not going anywhere for some time, but no one knows what time that will be.

Downgrading to Ui5 will save you alot of headaches and keep things working for now.

Offline garrettwp

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 08:00:42 am »
First off the remote api is exactly the same it's the authentication method that changed and will require more work than with UI4 / UI5. Documentation for the UI6 / UI7 authentication can be requested by MCV. There is also a thread on here discussing how it works that was written by a member on this forum:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,24942.0.html

- Garrett