We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Alerts  (Read 1503 times)

Offline dmevis

• Sr. Newbie
Alerts
« on: June 04, 2014, 05:54:58 pm »
Just got my NX8 connected to my Veralite, and all is working well... except.

I keep receiving "alerts" to my email whenever one of the devices in my alarm system is tripped.  I get a bunch of these each day until a "quota" is reached.  I don't want to receive these alerts, but I can't find out where to stop them.  As far as I can tell, none of the devices have a "notification" set.

Can you please advise how to stop all alerts?

Offline futzle

• Master Member
Re: Alerts
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 09:18:33 pm »

Just got my NX8 connected to my Veralite, and all is working well...

Great news. (Please post in your other thread how you resolved your previous connectivity problem so that others can benefit from your experience.)

I keep receiving "alerts" to my email whenever one of the devices in my alarm system is tripped.  ...  As far as I can tell, none of the devices have a "notification" set.

That's not normal. Unless it's a new "feature" of recent Vera firmware to turn it on by default. I hope not.

The plugin itself doesn't know anything about notifications; it just sets "Tripped" or "Not Tripped" on sensors for other parts of Vera to act upon. Exhaustively searching through all of Vera's settings for any mention of your sensors is hard (search the forum for "user_data"). Some likely places are:
- Each sensor's configuration. Look on all tabs, not just the Notifications tab.
- Any cameras you might also have, which I think have some tie-in with motion sensors tripping.
- Any scene that you might have set a trigger for.

If you can't find anything then I recommend that you raise a support ticket with Micasaverde directly. They definitely have experience with users of this plugin and (to my knowledge) they haven't seen this behaviour before.

Offline futzle

• Master Member
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 09:20:01 pm »

Offline dmevis

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 11:58:30 am »

Just got my NX8 connected to my Veralite, and all is working well...

Great news. (Please post in your other thread how you resolved your previous connectivity problem so that others can benefit from your experience.)

Will do.  I was thinking about posting a pretty comprehensive set of instructions for how to get the CADDX working; stealing from the prior efforts of others.  Including: cabling, NX-584 settings, Vera settings, etc.  I can put together a lot of this, but there are areas where I would really like your input.  If I emailed you a Word document that contained the instructions, would you be able to review and comment?  Don't think it should be published until it has been vetted a bit. 

Offline futzle

• Master Member
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2014, 02:29:46 am »
I was thinking about posting a pretty comprehensive set of instructions for how to get the CADDX working; stealing from the prior efforts of others.  Including: cabling, NX-584 settings, Vera settings, etc.  I can put together a lot of this, but there are areas where I would really like your input.

That would be awesome, thank you. I will send you an email address in a direct message.

Edit: quote level.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 02:34:16 am by futzle »