Author Topic: "Checking Job Status" forever for 433 MHz?  (Read 986 times)

Offline n0ir

"Checking Job Status" forever for 433 MHz?
« on: June 06, 2014, 05:24:05 am »
Just figured out why my iViri haven't been working properly.

Sinced I got iViri I have just used it for running scenes and for the geofence. Every time I tried to use it as a remote it used t freeze, with the "Checking Job Status" message. Had to shut down the app and restart. Used the app Veramate as a remote for devices instead, but that is not very WAF.

Finally figured out why it hasn't worked today (probably should have a long time ago, I can be a bit slow sometimes... :S).

It is ony with my 433 MHz devices (controlled by a RFXtrx433 transciever, using the http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/board,45.0.html plugin) I get the error. When I switch on or off my Z-Wave devices it work (the "Checking Job Status" vanish shorty after it is shown).

I assume this has something to do with 433 MHz devices not being able to send status (one-way communication).

However, because other remote apps works much better in this regard there must be something specific in how iViri is built. Could jpete7683 maybe take a look?

Offline jpete7683

Re: "Checking Job Status" forever for 433 MHz?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 11:36:40 am »
Just figured out why my iViri haven't been working properly.

Sinced I got iViri I have just used it for running scenes and for the geofence. Every time I tried to use it as a remote it used t freeze, with the "Checking Job Status" message. Had to shut down the app and restart. Used the app Veramate as a remote for devices instead, but that is not very WAF.

Finally figured out why it hasn't worked today (probably should have a long time ago, I can be a bit slow sometimes... :S).

It is ony with my 433 MHz devices (controlled by a RFXtrx433 transciever, using the http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/board,45.0.html plugin) I get the error. When I switch on or off my Z-Wave devices it work (the "Checking Job Status" vanish shorty after it is shown).

I assume this has something to do with 433 MHz devices not being able to send status (one-way communication).

However, because other remote apps works much better in this regard there must be something specific in how iViri is built. Could jpete7683 maybe take a look?

Is it checking job status for the scene that stays on the screen long?  I am going to be doing an overhaul to the networking frame work and this is one of those things that I will address.  The inconsistencies of MCV on their status has really thrown me for a loop, as most devices report their status of a job back with a number and I can then check the job status, but then there are some that just report OK and no job status causing the HUD to stay on the screen.  This will all get resolved shortly.
I am the developer of iViri.  iViri is available in Apple Store.  Check out its Voice Control and Geofence integration, which causes less battery drain than the other options for locating an iphone.