We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: GE/Jasco 45633 (ZW5303) and VeraLite  (Read 4389 times)

Offline ACME Ruler

GE/Jasco 45633 (ZW5303) and VeraLite
« on: June 11, 2014, 02:09:30 am »
Question 1: Apparently, it was possible, through a fairly convoluted process, to get scene deactivations (off buttons) and scenes 10-18 working on the 45601. Just wondering if anyone has had similar luck with the 45633 and UI5.

Question 2: The 45633 looks like it will probably support all the devices I plan to use. Is there any downside to setting up the 45633 as the primary controller, and using the VeraLite as a secondary controller?

Offline mike-toronto

Re: GE/Jasco 45633 (ZW5303) and VeraLite
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 09:43:08 pm »
Hi Acme, any luck paring the 45633 with Vera? I have one too, and can't add it to my VeraLite. I'm running UI7. Thanks.

Offline mike-toronto

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 11:25:30 pm »
Success! I was able to pair a 45633 remote with my VeraLite. Actually only the "when a scene is activated" scenario works (meaning the ON part of the button is pressed -- it doesn't respond to the OFF part), but this is still better then nothing. ;) 
Again, it's UI7 RC.

In the GUI:
1. Go to Devices - Add Device
2. Click on Additional Devices
3. Other Devices
4. Other ZWave device (then Next, Next)

On the remote:
1. Press and hold SETUP (until the word SETUP appears on the display)
2. Scroll to TRANSFER (using left or right arrow keys), press OK
3. Scroll to RECEIVE, press OK

Then back to the GUI, give it a name and assign it to one of your rooms, and it appears as a scene controller in your DEVICES section. Voila!

Now, I'm open to any suggestions on how to properly configure it as a secondary controller. It was responding with a message "Receiving Scenes" when I selected SECONDARY in the TRANSER menu on the remote, but Vera wasn't adding it to the list of devices.

Offline beauxman

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 10:41:53 pm »
Thanks for the info.  Hard to find interface instructions.  Now I just have to figure out how to configure devices to switches on the remote.  I con only get the ALL configuration to work.

Question:  If I have a Z-Wave device on my network with my VeraLite, can I assign it to a button on the remote as well?

Offline thewizardofoz

• Vera 3
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 02:53:45 pm »
The problem that I have with the GE 45633 is that once you pair it to Vera,  you lose the ability to add individual lights that are already on the network to a button neither for a light, scene or group.  This is not a problem with the GE 45601 remote.

It is true that on both of these remotes the "OFF" function will not work correctly in Vera.   My work around has been to use the Multiswitch Plugin and have the remote ""ON"  for a particular button number operate a button on the Multiswitch virtual device.  That button on the MS will then drive the "ON" scene in Vera when the MS button is ON and since it uses "Toggle State" the next time the remote "ON" button for that scene is pressed it will toggle that MS button "OFF" which will then operate the "OFF" scene in Vera.   If you operate a light directly or through the Vera UI then that will mess with this logic.  You can just hit the "ON" button on the remote and it nothing happens then hit it again to get in sync with the MS button.

Even with this "work around" on the GE 45601 and GE 45633, Vera cannot do scenes higher that button number 9 on the remote.   The GE 45633 will be locked out by Vera once added to Vera's network and will not be able to add any devices to lights, scenes or groups since it is a secondary controller.

The GE 45601 still has the same 9 button limit in Vera, BUT it does not get locked out from adding devices to scene buttons 10-18 or any of the light buttons or group buttons.  Those you can follow the GE manual and add devices already in Vera's network (along with the remote) to the scene button you choose and the "ON" and "OFF" button will work just fine.  I really only use the Vera scenes if I have to due to a device being a Leviton Zone Controller w/ local load or a scene where I need delay time management.
Vera 3 UI5  with 2 slave Vera 3s and 1 slave VeraLite all connected by CAT6.  Running about 130 devices and 8 Plug-ins including PLEG

Offline ElGringoCurioso

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 10:51:27 pm »
my 2 cents on the 45633 remote:

Jasco buttons can be used to talk directly to zwave devices BUT they can only be assigned/programmed when Jasco is the Primary controler!

To do that, take a good backup of Vera then xfer Primary role to your Jasco handheld. While Jasco is Primary, use the Jasco User Guide instructions to assign its 1,2,3,4... buttons to your existing devices (forget about using fancy Groups etc). The good thing is that both the On & Off buttons are funtional for Devices!

Some users have assigned Scenes buttons as well but I have not ventured that way at triggering Vera Scenes from Jasco.

Once your done, flip back roles and reinstall your backup for good measure on Vera if necessary.

Very functional once programmed in, enjoy.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 02:53:01 pm by ElGringoCurioso »