Author Topic: iViri Support for Openhab  (Read 1545 times)

Offline jpete7683

iViri Support for Openhab
« on: June 11, 2014, 02:25:06 pm »
To get iViri compatible with the MMS Authentication and work with the future of MCV, I have moved all of my personal z-wave infrastructure over to the openHAB project (http://www.openhab.org/).  I am very impressed with this project and the easiest way to think about it is you can use any computer in your home to make it into a central home automation hub with a little configuration.  The z-wave binding isn't fully functional just yet, (minimal thermostat support and no lock support yet) so what I have done is enabled all lights via native z-wave on my raspberry pi connected to a razberry board (for z-wave support) and then powered by openHAB.  The specs of the raspberry pi far surpass what the VeraLite offered and could be a close competition to the Vera3 for a much smaller price.  I then configured openHAB to control the thermostat and door locks via the Vera REST API, so now I have a central hub that supports a huge number of devices outside of zwave controlling my whole home and it is expandable (email me at support@instruodev.com for instructions if you are interested).  With all of this said I will be adapting iViri to work directly with the openHAB project (most likely in a separate app) so that beacon control and geofences can be implemented with openHAB. 

With all of this said I will be upgrading my VeraLite to UI6 and therefore I will have a testing environment to get all of the changes needed for the MMS Authentication to allow users to use iViri with the new UI's.  If anyone is having issues with their current Vera and are interested in openHAB feel free to email me and I am willing to assist any way I can.
I am the developer of iViri.  iViri is available in Apple Store.  Check out its Voice Control and Geofence integration, which causes less battery drain than the other options for locating an iphone.

Offline garrettwp

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
Re: iViri Support for Openhab
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 02:59:01 pm »
You should open up another topics on the general section of the forum discussing this. I'm interested in hearing your thoughts of the setup, what the api is like for app development and so on. I'm sure other's would be interested.

- Garrett

Offline jpete7683

Re: iViri Support for Openhab
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 03:07:29 pm »
You should open up another topics on the general section of the forum discussing this. I'm interested in hearing your thoughts of the setup, what the api is like for app development and so on. I'm sure other's would be interested.

- Garrett

I will do so Garrett specifically about the openhab project.  As for this post it was just an update to my users that MMS Authentication support is coming for iViri, but for the topic of openhab I will open it up in the general discussion.
I am the developer of iViri.  iViri is available in Apple Store.  Check out its Voice Control and Geofence integration, which causes less battery drain than the other options for locating an iphone.