We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Rollertroll Universal irrigation interface for Z-Wave? Systems.  (Read 1785 times)

Offline lionelandjen

Has anyone used these yet ? I have  a pretty small yard, with front and back yard. 

My understanding of this product is that you plug it in, add it to your zwave network and off you go, just need to create scenes to control it.  no additional need for relays, switches, etc?  I sent them an email asking the same thing.  if so, I'll share the results.

If so, then it would be the PERFECT solution for what I need : an automated, reliable way to water the grass seeds I'm about to plant before heading out for a 2 weeks vacation.  that way, the kids and the dog won't trample the baby grass that is trying to grow.

Offline lionelandjen

Re: Rollertroll Universal irrigation interface for Z-Wave? Systems.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 03:02:22 pm »
got my answer: " you would still need a Z-Wave relay module of some kind to turn it on and off, it does not contain a Z-Wave receiver."

So, do I also need something like an LFM-20, or could I just plug it in a z-wave enabled outlet?

if it requires something like a LFM-20, I can't picture spending $200 (2 rollertrolls @$50 and 2 LFM-20 @ $40 + shipping) to have a z-wave controlled sprinkler system.  I'll just go with the dumb timers from home-depot and take my chances.