Author Topic: Trouble setting up geofence  (Read 8061 times)

Offline waltzer11

Re: Trouble setting up geofence
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2014, 06:08:29 pm »
today, iviri and my network is very cooperative; wife left and MS switch 2 turned off and she came back, it turned on. we both left MS switches 1 and 2 both turned off and armed all my sensors. but for the past few days when wife leaves, i get a prowl notification "switch 2 off"but iviri status shows it still on. like i said earlier, 99%, the problem is either my vera or my network

Offline jpete7683

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2014, 10:44:19 pm »
today, iviri and my network is very cooperative; wife left and MS switch 2 turned off and she came back, it turned on. we both left MS switches 1 and 2 both turned off and armed all my sensors. but for the past few days when wife leaves, i get a prowl notification "switch 2 off"but iviri status shows it still on. like i said earlier, 99%, the problem is either my vera or my network

Have you tried to do a pull on the screen to refresh?  The content is only refreshed in increments so if Vera doesn't hold the change since the time stamp it will be missing, the pull to refresh should pull an all new content.
I am the developer of iViri.  iViri is available in Apple Store.  Check out its Voice Control and Geofence integration, which causes less battery drain than the other options for locating an iphone.

Offline waltzer11

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2014, 11:00:25 pm »

Have you tried to do a pull on the screen to refresh?  The content is only refreshed in increments so if Vera doesn't hold the change since the time stamp it will be missing, the pull to refresh should pull an all new content.
Not sure what you meant "pull". I closed the app swiping up iviri on my iPhone 2x. When I open iviri MS switch 2 for my wife still shows on. Anyway for the past 2 days I'm happy no issues. I'll report how it goes. Hoping it'll continue this way, otherwise I'll try your suggestions to try openHAB

Offline jpete7683

« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2014, 04:43:25 pm »

Not sure what you meant "pull". I closed the app swiping up iviri on my iPhone 2x. When I open iviri MS switch 2 for my wife still shows on. Anyway for the past 2 days I'm happy no issues. I'll report how it goes. Hoping it'll continue this way, otherwise I'll try your suggestions to try openHAB

What I mean by pull is the table views all have "Pull Down To Refresh" to force of refresh of the data.  So while the app is open you can pull down on your tableview in the dashboard, rooms, devices, or device view and it will refresh the data.
I am the developer of iViri.  iViri is available in Apple Store.  Check out its Voice Control and Geofence integration, which causes less battery drain than the other options for locating an iphone.

Offline tb001

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2014, 04:03:01 pm »
Just wanted to follow up on this and send a big thank you out to JPete, who has been fantastic about helping me troubleshoot the problem. He was extraordinarily patient with me ! :) We've reset the initial view to "dashboard" and turned off the banner and that seems to have stopped the crashing I was experiencing. Once the app started crashing, the geofence then wouldn't fire until I shut down the app and restarted.