We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: [HELP]How to pairing Aeon Labs Aeotec Z-Wave Micro Smart Energy Dimmer on VERA?  (Read 13218 times)

Offline Z-Waver

• Master Member
i can add/remove to Vera, i can command by z wave,i can change to momentary swithes, i can reset it.
but  wall switch on them, are impossible to make it work. it is like my testing  wall switch doesn't work , but i know it's working. (it works well with all other modules)

I have pressed the buttom on module for 20sec to reset it.
As i keep pressed press, the lamp goes on or off (depending on previous condition), after about 6 sec it starts to blink (to change to momentary switches)  ,and after about 20sec it starts to blink again to reset the module.
I think all of this procedures are right.
I know that blinking led at micro module is because it is unpaired.
If i press the buttom it turn light on / off and dimmers the lamp keeping pressed.

Is there any other thing to do?

In my view it both modules work perfectly EXECPT for the wall switches command.
This sounds like bad modules. I don;t think there is anything that you can do to resolve this, other than replacing the modules.

I was reading aeotec troubleshoot and i noticed that aeotec says that micromodules are not compatible with "trailing edge led bulbs" .   What are trailing edge leds?
This refers to the type of electrical current used to dim the bulbs. Trailing edge is used for magnetic low voltage transformers and involves "clipping the second half of the current's sine wave, versus the more common method of "clipping" the first half. See page 2 of this app note from Lutron if you want to know more. Suffice it to say, if you use the wrong one, you'll get flicker and flashing.

1- Can i program a micro module so as when for example i leave it at cell phone by 50% and turn off.
after that, when i use the wall switch it turn on at 100% ?
No, I do not think that the restore previous dim level feature is programmable.

Offline Bric

2- Why status of micro module at ui5 take so long to update when i use the wall switches?
Is there a configuration to quick this process?

yes, this is called instant status, and to enable it in Aeon micro switches/dimmers follow instructions here http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,17755.msg138093.html#msg138093

Nice ! Very nice !!
Tested in one module. it worked !!
Thanks !!!!

I only have at moment 9 modules and the kwikset door lock.
If i do that for all modules , any negative point on that?
For example if i have 40 , 50 modules or more one day, and i do that to all of them, the z wave network will be slower?

Is there some place some kind of table with all programable module parameters?

Offline Bric

i can add/remove to Vera, i can command by z wave,i can change to momentary swithes, i can reset it.
but  wall switch on them, are impossible to make it work. it is like my testing  wall switch doesn't work , but i know it's working. (it works well with all other modules)

I have pressed the buttom on module for 20sec to reset it.
As i keep pressed press, the lamp goes on or off (depending on previous condition), after about 6 sec it starts to blink (to change to momentary switches)  ,and after about 20sec it starts to blink again to reset the module.
I think all of this procedures are right.
I know that blinking led at micro module is because it is unpaired.
If i press the buttom it turn light on / off and dimmers the lamp keeping pressed.

Is there any other thing to do?

In my view it both modules work perfectly EXECPT for the wall switches command.
This sounds like bad modules. I don;t think there is anything that you can do to resolve this, other than replacing the modules.

I was reading aeotec troubleshoot and i noticed that aeotec says that micromodules are not compatible with "trailing edge led bulbs" .   What are trailing edge leds?
This refers to the type of electrical current used to dim the bulbs. Trailing edge is used for magnetic low voltage transformers and involves "clipping the second half of the current's sine wave, versus the more common method of "clipping" the first half. See page 2 of this app note from Lutron if you want to know more. Suffice it to say, if you use the wrong one, you'll get flicker and flashing.

1- Can i program a micro module so as when for example i leave it at cell phone by 50% and turn off.
after that, when i use the wall switch it turn on at 100% ?
No, I do not think that the restore previous dim level feature is programmable.

thanks !!
yes, i think that 2 micro modules are dead.  thinking in put somewhere here to control only by z wave.
will see this..

i will finish this week 2 circuits that i think, are with bad neutral wiring, and then i post the results.

TKS !!!

Offline Bric

Hi guys,

I finished the new wiring, and now it's all working well.

Remember i had 2 bad micro modules that were not working the wall swtich ?
Well, i don't know why.  1 of them came back to normal.

Now i really want a opnion from someone.

I opened the aeotec micro module.  I take a picture from front & back. if someone wants i can post it. Apparently nothing wrong.
Well, i discovered that the problem with my micro module is that the 2 wall switches outputs are always "closed". (or joined inside)

I got a multimeter , and i realize that i ALWAYS get 0 resistance between the 2 screws for wall switch on aeotec micro module.
It should be exactly the opposite, to make the wall switch to work.
the wall switch should do that when pressed at one of it position.
Anyone have some ideia how to revert this at micro module?
It apper to be a simple thing.

I don't know what happened with the other micro module that had EXACTLY the same problem , and suddenly "auto - fixed".
The only thing i did to the other was go to a warehouse yersterday, and test some led lamps models with him.
2 model lamps flickered. and another model was ok. i bought it and now it's ok for 1 day. no flicker. all working , including the micro module.

Offline srvan1

Hi all!

Is there a way to pair to my veralite without the Aeotec Minimote? I didn't realize one needs that in order to pair?

Offline Z-Waver

• Master Member
Yes, you can pair the Aeon labs micro switches to Vera without a Minimote. Here are instructions for Vera. Combined with the instructions for the microswitch, you should have no trouble.

Offline Bric

1)
I made a scene where i turn every lights ON. and another every lights OFF.
When i use them, i get for about 30sec / 1min  many micro modules status as :"try sending again with ack"
Is this normal?
I have Hailed the network. it's still the same.

2)
I'm using Vera mobile.  I noticed that sometimes i can't login on the app. It apeears the leaf, and the crashes.
Could this be a problem with micasaverde server?
This happens on wifi or 3g 4g.  after hours , or next day , it's normal again.
Any other app to use better than this one ?

Tks !

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
Most 3rd party apps are better than the official one. Have a look in the remote sub forum.

- Garrett