We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Feature Request: MimoLite support  (Read 2988 times)

Offline RogerO

Feature Request: MimoLite support
« on: June 24, 2014, 12:24:56 am »
Hello,

Just installed a memo Lite for a garage door toggle and was looking for a push button type control that automatically returned to off. The MimoLite has a latching jumper that turns it into a momentary contact switch. Any chance of supporting that?

Thanks,

Roger

Offline intveltr

Re: Feature Request: MimoLite support
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 03:28:37 am »
It's possible but it would break the paradigm a bit; HomeWave in principle always follow along with whatever happens on Vera, it is not meant to implement control logic.

I have similar momentary switches based on the Fibaro relay; they toggle on and then off again, but report the "off" state to Vera as well, which passes it on to HomeWave.  If Mimo doesn't report its state instantly back to Vera, then you could fix this with a Scene that is triggered by the Mimo turning on, and turns it off.

You could also use an "action" button to send the lu_action string to Vera to turn the Mimo on.  The action button doesn't track the unit's state, so the next time it is pushed it'll simply send the On command to Mimo again.

If there are more use cases for implementing a momentary push button, let me know!  If there is enough demand, I can implement it.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 03:31:34 am by intveltr »
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline RogerO

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 02:38:56 pm »
Hi,

There is a third part plugin that provides the functionality but it is not available from your app. Would that be supportable?

Thanks,
Roger

Offline tb001

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 11:44:31 am »
We're using the Mimolite garage door plug in as well and would love to be able to use this with homewave. Any suggestions on how to set this up so that we can use the open/close feature and be able to monitor the status of the door? Can I just set this up as two separate buttons, one for the open/close function and the other for the sensor indicator?

Offline huveu

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 07:44:11 pm »
I have the "Garage Door" plugin installed (from the same developer as PLEG). It is free and it makes your garage door toggle button and sensor look like a regular door lock. It works really well, and you get status and toggle in one control.

Plugin link:
http://rts-services.com/Vera/Plugin/GarageDoor/
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 08:41:03 pm by huveu »

Offline tb001

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 10:32:46 am »
I have the "Garage Door" plugin installed (from the same developer as PLEG). It is free and it makes your garage door toggle button and sensor look like a regular door lock. It works really well, and you get status and toggle in one control.

Plugin link:

I was looking at this, but a bit confused. Are you using with the mimolite? If so, do you have the regular mimolite app installed to give you individual devices for sensor and switch?

Offline huveu

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 11:29:21 am »

Plugin link:

I was looking at this, but a bit confused. Are you using with the mimolite? If so, do you have the regular mimolite app installed to give you individual devices for sensor and switch?

Yes to both

Offline tb001

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 01:01:34 pm »
Great, thanks! Will give it a try.

ETA: Got it working. Had tried this before, but for some reason the sensor wasn't reading as open/closed, but I think it just needed some time to register on the system. Thanks again.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 03:00:29 pm by tb001 »

Offline benr

• Everywhere And Nowhere
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2014, 09:51:00 pm »
So was there ever an update to this request? i just got done installing the MIMOlite in my garage to control and monitor my garage door with the MIMOlite Garage Door Controller Plugin and would love a clean solution to monitor and access it within HomeWave. I actually thought it was already supported which was why i bought it. It was disappointing to find out it doesnt since the MIMOlite is one of the most popular solutions for controlling a garage door via Z-Wave.

Offline huveu

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2014, 06:52:22 am »

So was there ever an update to this request? i just got done installing the MIMOlite in my garage to control and monitor my garage door with the MIMOlite Garage Door Controller Plugin and would love a clean solution to monitor and access it within HomeWave. I actually thought it was already supported which was why i bought it. It was disappointing to find out it doesnt since the MIMOlite is one of the most popular solutions for controlling a garage door via Z-Wave.

Did you read the posts above? There is a working solution already.