We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Secure 321 thermostat control  (Read 1053 times)

Offline thetwc

Secure 321 thermostat control
« on: September 17, 2014, 02:53:06 pm »
I've got a few Secure 321 or HRT4-ZW's and they work great for what I want. I've never had a problem with it in homewave, but adding another one now, I cannot control the thermostat set point in homewave.

I add a device to a screen, and then there is no thermostat in the device list.

I can add a 3line control and get the details from the thermostat though, set points etc.

Weird. Anyone help?
1600's Thatched Cottage in the UK tricked out with Veras, RFx, and 30+ devices.  Homewave devotee.
Lite on UI5.  (1.5.672)   |   Edge on UI7

Offline intveltr

Re: Secure 321 thermostat control
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 06:17:43 pm »
If this is a newly added device, try changing the setpoint on the thermostat and/or the Vera UI, then try adding it again in HomeWave. Vera sometimes does not report device properties for new devices until the device has reported a new value, and in this case HomeWave will not pick it up in the list.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline thetwc

Re: Secure 321 thermostat control
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 06:07:40 am »
hmmm, removed and added the device a few times. 

The weird bit is that each time the set point isn't displayed on the UI dashboard.  I can change it with the +/- buttons and type, but it doesn't stay displayed.  The changes are sent to the thermostat.  Could this have anything to do with it?

Thanks.
1600's Thatched Cottage in the UK tricked out with Veras, RFx, and 30+ devices.  Homewave devotee.
Lite on UI5.  (1.5.672)   |   Edge on UI7