We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: DSC Alarm Issue  (Read 1759 times)

Offline Rich1983

DSC Alarm Issue
« on: September 17, 2014, 03:22:42 pm »
Good Evening all

I have just installed my DSC alarm and got it all working within vera and homewave BUT it doesnt ask for the pin to disarm the system within homewave, Within settings of the icon i have selected PIN but it doesnt ask for it to disarm the system.

Also is it possible to have the icon change from arm and disarm just like you can change with a light switch.

Thank you for help in advance

Rich

Offline intveltr

Re: DSC Alarm Issue
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 06:15:28 pm »
Hi Rich,

When you select PIN for the control, this refers to HomeWave's PIN which you can set in the app's settings screen.  If you didn't set a PIN, HomeWave will not ask for it.

If your DSC alarm requires a PIN to disarm, you can specify that PIN in the properties for the alarm control element in HomeWave.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline Rich1983

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 06:57:31 pm »
Hi Rich,

When you select PIN for the control, this refers to HomeWave's PIN which you can set in the app's settings screen.  If you didn't set a PIN, HomeWave will not ask for it.

If your DSC alarm requires a PIN to disarm, you can specify that PIN in the properties for the alarm control element in HomeWave.

Hi

Yes my DSC Alarm does have a PIN but i done that within the element of HomeWave but still doesnt prompt for it when goto disarm.

Offline Rich1983

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 07:03:25 pm »
Hi Rich,

Hi

Yes my DSC Alarm does have a PIN but i done that within the element of HomeWave but still doesnt prompt for it when goto disarm.

UPDATE:

I see if you put the PIN in within the element it allows you to disarm the system BUT is it possible for it to prompt you for the PIN to disarm the system?

Offline Rich1983

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 10:01:35 pm »
Hi Rich,

Hi

UPDATE:

I see if you put the PIN in within the element it allows you to disarm the system BUT is it possible for it to prompt you for the PIN to disarm the system?

Is it possible to just displace the ENTER PIN as i have more than one pin for alarm system

Offline intveltr

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 10:59:52 am »
The app cannot cope with multiple PINs for your alarm system, or prompt you to enter the alarm system PIN.

You can protect the control using HomeWave's PIN, by setting the control to "PIN". You also need to set the PIN in Settings->general before the control will ask for a PIN when used.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline Rich1983

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 05:52:11 pm »

The app cannot cope with multiple PINs for your alarm system, or prompt you to enter the alarm system PIN.

You can protect the control using HomeWave's PIN, by setting the control to "PIN". You also need to set the PIN in Settings->general before the control will ask for a PIN when used.

Is this something for future to allow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk