Author Topic: Exactly one day using iViri I'm stumped  (Read 1479 times)

Offline mbairhead

Exactly one day using iViri I'm stumped
« on: June 24, 2014, 03:31:19 pm »
Is their any documentation out there?

At some point when I go to "Rooms View" does it stop opening my photos when I choose a room?

Will we be able to add our own voice tags eventually? I hate having to memorize the exact phrase to get this to work.

When there's a "Network Failure" is their any way to not have it pop up 8 or so times? And after I hit "Dismiss" all those time, it then runs the request?!?

Will I get any confirmation when it sees my TwoCanoes beacon? This seems very hit or miss.

Offline jpete7683

Re: Exactly one day using iViri I'm stumped
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 05:32:06 pm »
Is their any documentation out there?

At some point when I go to "Rooms View" does it stop opening my photos when I choose a room?

Will we be able to add our own voice tags eventually? I hate having to memorize the exact phrase to get this to work.

When there's a "Network Failure" is their any way to not have it pop up 8 or so times? And after I hit "Dismiss" all those time, it then runs the request?!?

Will I get any confirmation when it sees my TwoCanoes beacon? This seems very hit or miss.

So for the image selection coming up when you go to room view, go to your iphone settings, scroll down to iViri and turn off Allow Custom Room Images.  The network failure will be getting removed off, there is a lot of updating that goes on because it goes out on a timed interval to get status and when you pull down to refresh it does the same so I will work on that.  As for voice recognition, I feel like just removing it as the feedback is more complaining than positive from most users.  It doesn't use any online API and uses internal methods to resolve what it hears so my hands are tied a lot on what I can do, if asking someone to remember the name that they assign to a device is to much to ask I don't think there is really a need for the engineering effort involved to get what you are requesting implemented and with homekit coming Siri should eventually be able to handle this which will cause there to be no need for iViri Voice Control.  The notification method was removed from the beacon stuff as I figured it wasn't needed, however if you want we could get you a BETA version to test out and try to see if it works for you to debug your beacon situation.  Just email me at support@instruodev.com if you are interested in a BETA version to debug your beacons.
I am the developer of iViri.  iViri is available in Apple Store.  Check out its Voice Control and Geofence integration, which causes less battery drain than the other options for locating an iphone.

Offline mbairhead

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 11:52:49 am »
The problem turned out to be my beacon, not your app. I can't really recommend twocannoes beacons, their support is a bit lack luster...just fyi.

Here's my .02 on this app and what you've done so please take with a grain of salt. The UI isn't great, it's a bit tough to navigate and for someone with big fingers, it requires a pop up to control devices BUT, you have done what no one else has done well, made Vera understand where you are at all times. If I were doing this, and I don't have the skills to so, so much respect for doing as much as you have, I would abandon the UI and focus on the awesome things it can do, truly automate Vera, as opposed to Vera being a home remote control. I would work with the various beacons and figure out how to set power on them so you could truly do a room to room set up. The geofences are awesome and I wouldn't touch them. The voice is neat and if it was only me using it, I would take the time to learn the correct verbiage for the lights I wanted to control but it's not just me, and my wife isn't going to take the time. I don't know how to do this or if it's even possible but a library of terms that could be manually added would be perfect, even if it had to be typed in. I wouldn't abandon the voice control, I would focus on it. If you get this right, you could and should charge a premium for this app.

Another .02, put together a walk through or some documentation with a faq of all the issues people are having. A simple web site would go a long way but even a pdf download would be great.

Thank you for the response and very interesting app

Offline jpete7683

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 01:22:53 pm »
Thanks for the comments.  My intention was exactly what you were saying, it wasn't so much to design a new UI as there are better apps out there and I am all for people using the UI's of other apps.  However, the pricing model people have gone after with the iOS apps has driven me to add a UI because they download it and say this is all it does, I wanted a UI with it, so I get it both ways there and I can understand as the UI didn't have much time spent on it because it wasn't as important to me.  My goal was to never open the app again if everything was triggering correctly which I had before dropping VERA as my controller.  I will continue to work on it and thanks for the comments.
I am the developer of iViri.  iViri is available in Apple Store.  Check out its Voice Control and Geofence integration, which causes less battery drain than the other options for locating an iphone.