Author Topic: VeraMate Push Notifications (Version >= 6.1)  (Read 15665 times)

Offline veramate

• VeraMate
Re: VeraMate Push Notifications (Version >= 6.1)
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2015, 09:37:21 am »
I have been able to confirm on two different phones that my Alerts button is not showing up, even though I have 146 alerts that need to be viewed according to the badge on the app icon. I am getting the alerts in the notification center, but not in the app.

Also at the same time, as a feature request, I'd like to be able to go back into my alerts and view them from a history perspective. When the button was working, it would only show up when new alerts came in. After I viewed them, the alerts button would go away. I'd like to be able to view the alerts more than once.

If you can ping me your username, I'll check the server. 

Could you elaborate more on how you're not seeing them in the app?  If you see them in Apple's notification center, the badge with 146 on VeraMate, then it would appear everything is setup properly and interacting with the push notification server.   Just to clarify - alerts only show a "popup" when you have the app open, or click on it via the notification center.  Otherwise just entering the app, you need to click on the green "Alerts" button.  If it's not there (i.e, you've read all alerts), you need to go into the menu (top right gear icon), and there will be an Alerts tab.

As for the history, VeraMate doesn't actually clear them from the alerts screen unless you press the read all button (the check mark) - new alerts are shown highlighted.
VeraMate for iOS - simple, customisable, Vera control.  http://www.veramate.com
Apple Watch, Voice Control, GeoFencing, iBeacons, Today Widget, UI5/6/7 support, Alerts.

Offline airedale

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2015, 06:50:05 pm »
The alerts icon will not show up. I'll PM you my username.

Offline WCunha

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2015, 03:02:23 pm »
I am using VeraMate and using UI5 and there isn't a notification tab for the plug in. Is all I have is Control, Settings, and Advanced tabs. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Wade

Offline veramate

• VeraMate
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2015, 03:41:58 am »
I am using VeraMate and using UI5 and there isn't a notification tab for the plug in. Is all I have is Control, Settings, and Advanced tabs. Any help would be appreciated.

The notifications are setup using the notification on the device/scene you wish to be notified on, not on the plugin (if that's what you mean?).  But those notifications that are setup via Vera's notifications itself require the VeraAlerts plugin (which is separate to VeraMate), otherwise you will need to specify calls in LUUP, which is a bit more advanced.

More information is on the FAQ: http://www.veramate.com/faq/push-notifications
Apple Watch, Voice Control, GeoFencing, iBeacons, Today Widget, UI5/6/7 support, Alerts.

Offline WCunha

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2015, 07:37:54 am »
I read the FAQ and I think I am just not getting it. I have a Schlage lock that sends me a text when a code is entered to unlock it. Do I have to crate a scene with the VeraMate plugin and the lock to get push notifications? Also I do not see a "plugin forwarding tab" in settings of the plugin.

Thanks, Wade
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 08:10:27 am by WCunha »

Offline WCunha

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2015, 09:04:11 am »
I finally figured it out! Works great!

Offline wholeflaffer

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2015, 02:32:30 am »
Boy, did it ever take a me a while to figure out how to do this! 

There is some confusion in your FAQ, especially the following observations:

1. You use two terms interchangeably for the same App.  The downloaded module is called "VeraMate Alerts Plug-in" but you also refer to it as "VeraMate Plug-in" and also just "VeraMate Alerts". 

2. The interchangeable terminology caused me NOT to understand that there was a second module, "VeraAlerts" that also had to be installed.  I had thought you were referring to the same downloaded item in each case.

3.  The VeraAlerts 'Notification Configuration' tab (Devices > VeraAlerts > 'Notification Configuration') is not mentioned as a very useful place to check that all notifications are set up and ready to go.

Thanks for working on this!  It's nice to have these notifications, especially when the door locks are used or the garage door is opened/closed.

Offline veramate

• VeraMate
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2015, 12:03:32 pm »
Thanks for the feedback on the FAQ.  I know this is a bit confusing due to the similiarity of names - I'll try and update this to be clearer. 

Offline asggold

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2015, 03:26:49 pm »
Has anyone actually got this working to send notifications to their iPhone?

I have purchased the premium version of the app.
I have loaded and sent tests from the Vera Alerts plug-in

I can NOT get the "enable alerts" switch to stay on after exiting settings.
I do NOT get any notifications.

Even after upgrading I did see a message saying I only get 2 free alerts. Tried again to "Restore Purchases" but still NOTHING!

Just looking for an answer to get this working. I have tried emailing, tweeting, posting on Facebook, and no response.  ???

Offline veramate

• VeraMate
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2015, 07:36:41 am »
Has anyone actually got this working to send notifications to their iPhone?

I have purchased the premium version of the app.
I have loaded and sent tests from the Vera Alerts plug-in

I do NOT get any notifications.

Even after upgrading I did see a message saying I only get 2 free alerts. Tried again to "Restore Purchases" but still NOTHING!

Just looking for an answer to get this working. I have tried emailing, tweeting, posting on Facebook, and no response.  ???

I have had the pleasure of seeing every one of your messages across all mediums (it might surprise you not everyone is awake or working 24 hours) - I will take this up in the support area to understand what your problem might be (there are currently no known problem with notifications).

Offline JockeB

« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2015, 04:58:33 am »
I have the same issue,
I do NOT get any notifications using VeraMate plugin or VeraAlert

I only manage to get emails using the VeraAltert plugin.

Offline veramate

• VeraMate
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2015, 05:14:51 am »
I have the same issue,
I do NOT get any notifications using VeraMate plugin or VeraAlert

I only manage to get emails using the VeraAltert plugin.

I can confirm there has been a bug in 9.4 which affects some new users - please send diagnostics via the app, and I can provide you with access to the 9.5 beta if you request it.  9.5 is awaiting release by Apple otherwise, and should be out around mid next week.

Offline agoodman82

« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2015, 12:06:59 am »
VeraMate:

I recently upgraded from a Vera Lite to a Vera Edge. I had to manually re-install my entire z-wave system as the backup/restore function function with Vera UI 7 didn't go smoothly for me.

I re-downloaded the Vera Alerts plugin and the VeraMate Alerts plugin and set them up exactly the way I had before with my Vera Lite in order to restore the VeraMate notifications. I have push notifications enabled in the Vera UI, I have "Enable alerts for this user" enabled in the VeraMate app and I have the Vera Alerts plugin and the VeraMate Alerts plugin set up correctly I believe with my user profiles and the device number and everything (I copied and pasted from your FAQ on getting the alerts and this matches what I had in those fields from my Vera Lite).

When I send a test message in VeraMate Alerts I get it perfectly fine on my iPhone. When I send a test message through the Vera Alerts app to my VeraMate profile I don't get the message but I see that the plugin says it sent the message in the Vera UI 7 dashboard. When I try to send a test message through Vera Alerts via prowl to my iPhone I do get the alert.

What am I missing here?? I feel like I've checked and cross checked everything. It seems like the Vera Alerts plugin sends the message but the VeraMate plugin doesn't get it and push it to my phone. Any ideas?? I'm using VeraMate v9.9.0.11.

Offline veramate

• VeraMate
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2015, 11:31:42 am »
Unfortunately it seems to be a common occurrence where the upgrade doesn't go smoothly.

The push notification issue does appear to be a problem with iOS9, and I don't believe it's a VeraMate issue yet (although I am keeping an eye on it).  http://www.ubergizmo.com/2015/09/ios-9-push-notifications-issue/

I can see from the diagnostics you've sent, that it does look to be setup properly, and the messages are getting to the veramate alert server.  So I think it is this issue with iOS9.  Could you try rebooting your device (which apparently does work with this bug), and make sure you're on the latest firmware (although I'm unsure if it's been fixed yet).

Offline agoodman82

« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2015, 03:14:44 pm »
VeraMate:

After some more testing and time with my new phone I'm pretty convinced now that my push notification problems only exist with VeraMate. The odd thing is that when geofencing works properly with VeraMate I get a push notification (even on my Apple Watch) that I have entered/left my geofence home area. However, all push notifications in VeraMate for devices, scenes etc don't work. The only push notifications that do in fact work for me is GeoFencing. Under my old Apple iPhone 6 using iOS 8.4 all push notifications worked flawlessly for me, and you in fact confirmed that I still had the correct settings in my iPhone, VeraMate and in Vera UI 7 that I should still be getting them.

With both my iPhone 6s under iOS 9.0.4 and my wife's iPhone 6s with iOS 9.1, we get correct and accurate push notifications for every other app that we have set to use them -- weather, games, Facebook...etc. The only app we're having issues with push notifications unfortunately is VeraMate.

Has anyone else made note to you that they are no longer receiving push notifications? Why would I still get push notifications for the geofence feature in VeraMate? Do this push notifications work differently somehow??