We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: VeraMate Push Notifications (Version >= 6.1)  (Read 34997 times)

Offline anyra

• Sr. Newbie
Re: VeraMate Push Notifications (Version >= 6.1)
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2015, 11:08:39 am »
Hi,
I would say that geofence was working fine for me up to the last couple of versions. What happens now is that 95% of the times the scene is not activated when I enter my geofence home if the veramate app is not up on the screen.
To be more specific, if the app is running on the background, then the scene activated only if I bring the app back to the front, what it kills all the purpose of the geofence.
If I have to pull up the app, then running the scene myself is just an extra touch.
I was hoping this to be fixed in the last major release, but it didn't.
Any clues?

Offline veramate

« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2015, 06:39:18 am »
Found the problem!  Turns out there has been a change in iOS9 which I'm not handling quite correctly.

I'll get a new 10.1 beta out with this in it today (for beta users), and will resend the 10.1 release to Apple, which will delay it a bit more, but this is fairly critical to warrant it.  So ETA will be 7 - 10 days.
VeraMate for iOS - simple, customisable, Vera control.  http://www.veramate.com
Apple Watch, Voice Control, GeoFencing, iBeacons, Today Widget, UI5/6/7 support, Alerts.

Offline agoodman82

« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2015, 12:47:35 pm »
Awesome! I can't wait to get the push notifications working again... got my fingers crossed!

Offline RichardPHarvey

« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2016, 10:58:27 am »
I have this working fine but I'm getting both the Vera and the VeraMate alerts for the same condition.  I really only want the VerMate alert to show up on my iPhone, can that be done...? 

Offline agoodman82

« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2016, 11:14:14 am »
I have this working fine but I'm getting both the Vera and the VeraMate alerts for the same condition.  I really only want the VerMate alert to show up on my iPhone, can that be done...?

I'm just curious, you're on an iPhone running iOS 9.x?? My push notifications are set up correctly but they're still not being sent to my phone :/ The only notification I get now is geofencing because it's a separate alert notification. Really miss getting the push notifications because that's the only way I know state changes in my devices without looking at them all constantly throughout the day.

Offline RichardPHarvey

« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2016, 01:10:50 pm »
Did you set up Vera Alerts with the correct settings...? You must setup a profile as shown in the settings from the screen clip attached. The plugin forward to number (575 in my case) is the ID of the VeraMate Alerts Plugin. You then assign users to that profile. What this does is simply forward the alert from the Vera Alerts plugin over to the VeraMate Alerts plugin which then sends the alert to VeraMate running on your iPhone. Like I said, it works for me but I get the alert twice, once from VeraMate and once from Vera directly. I like the VeraMate alert better as using the Vera Alerts plugin you can modify the actual text that gets sent to be more user friendly.

I'm just curious, you're on an iPhone running iOS 9.x?? My push notifications are set up correctly but they're still not being sent to my phone :/ The only notification I get now is geofencing because it's a separate alert notification. Really miss getting the push notifications because that's the only way I know state changes in my devices without looking at them all constantly throughout the day.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 02:28:31 pm by RichardPHarvey »

Offline veramate

« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2016, 11:11:31 am »
As far as I know the alerts shouldn't have any problems.   Are you sure you're on iOS9.2 now (which I believe fixes some of the problems)?   If you're not receiving alerts, let me know your user name (pm), and I can make sure the server is picking it up properly... which will likely mean it's a setting on your phone.
Apple Watch, Voice Control, GeoFencing, iBeacons, Today Widget, UI5/6/7 support, Alerts.

Offline agoodman82

« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2016, 01:44:54 pm »
@RichardPHarvey: Yes I double checked all my setting and everything looks correct (screen shot attached). VeraMate push notifications were working fine for me under my iPhone 6 running iOS 8 but when I was forced by my carrier to upgrade to an iPhone 6s under iOS 9, I immediately lost all push notifications through VeraMate -- no settings were changed and push notifications for all other apps work fine. I can even get push notifications for z-wave device state changes via Prowl set up in the "VeraAlerts" plugin. Everything is set up right to forward push notifications from "VeraAlerts" to "VeraMate Alerts" but yet there is still a disconnect somewhere. When I test "VeraMate Alerts" sending me a test message it works fine and I get the push notification. But when I test "VeraAlerts" to send a test message nothing happens... I can send a test message through the plugin over Prowl but it won't work when I try to do the same forwarded through VeraMate Alerts... I even paid for a license for VeraAlerts.

@VeraMate: Can you please look into this for me? I haven't had general state change notifications for months now and it's driving me crazy. I'll PM you my user name. Everything should be working on my end... I just don't get it.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 01:47:30 pm by agoodman82 »

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2016, 05:26:23 pm »
If you think this is a VeraAlerts problem ... Then turn on debugging in he VeraAlerts plugin settings.
Then reload Vera.

Then monitor the Vera Log File while you send an alert. If there is a configuration problem you will probably see an error in the log.

Offline agoodman82

« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2016, 02:02:52 pm »
Richard,

I'm beginning to think I may be having a problem with VeraAlerts forwarding the notifications to VeraMate Alerts. I did what you said and turned on debugging in VeraAlerts. When I sent a test message to first only myself, then my VeraMate Alerts user profile (my wife and I) I didn't see an error in the log per say but I am definitely not getting the test messages pushed to my iPhone. When I send a test message via Prowl however, it works just fine. I'm assuming that if I'm not getting test messages through my VeraAlerts VeraMate settings then I certainly wouldn't get the notifications forwarded properly to VeraMate alerts to deliver them to my phone. I've attached part of my log which includes multiple attempts to send the test message via VeraAlerts. I don't know if you can point anything out that I might have missed?? Thanks for the help.

Offline agoodman82

« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2016, 12:15:45 pm »
@VeraMate & Richard,

I got my push notifications working again through VeraMate. I over-looked something very simple and feel rather ridiculous right now... In the VeraAlerts plugin under profiles where I had my VeraMate Alerts profile set up, I was simply missing the final quotation mark at the end of  Msg="{Message}"

I should've double checked the simplest things first. Appreciate the help you two.

Offline veramate

« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2016, 12:23:56 pm »
lol :)  The number of times these things come down to a single character mistake!  Glad you got it working.

Offline albert82

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2016, 04:18:01 pm »
hi, i installed the veramate plugin, the "send text" button in the device works, i receive the notification. but i cannot receive the real notifications. i receive them on same iphone with the vera app.
the notifications are enable on veramate...
is it an issue in the iu7?

Offline veramate

« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2016, 06:15:42 am »
hi, i installed the veramate plugin, the "send text" button in the device works, i receive the notification. but i cannot receive the real notifications. i receive them on same iphone with the vera app.
the notifications are enable on veramate...
is it an issue in the iu7?

There are no known problems with UI7 that would prevent this.   It depends on what you mean with "real notification" - the inherent notification in Vera don't get picked up in the app - they need to be redirected to go through to VeraMate.  This is done either by hooking into the Vera notifications with the plugin "Vera Alerts", or, manually setting up LUUP code to send a message.  The FAQ has more information:
http://www.veramate.com/faq/push-notifications

Offline Tlex

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2016, 07:12:53 pm »
trying the following code fail for me :

local TriggerName = zzz
local TrigState = xxx
local TrigTime = zzz

luup.call_action("urn:veramate-com:serviceId:VeraMatePN", "SendAlert", {Msg=TriggerName .. " in state " .. TrigState .. " for " .. TrigTime}, 22)

Any idea how to achieve that ?
Should I concatenate a new variable before ? Is there any other way to do that ?