We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: VeraMate Push Notifications (Version >= 6.1)  (Read 33753 times)

Offline veramate

Re: VeraMate Push Notifications (Version >= 6.1)
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2016, 04:49:08 am »
Providing the device id is the correct id of the VeraMatePlugin, I would have thought that would work.  Otherwise I'd recommend try a simple string just to test.....
VeraMate for iOS - simple, customisable, Vera control.  http://www.veramate.com
Apple Watch, Voice Control, GeoFencing, iBeacons, Today Widget, UI5/6/7 support, Alerts.

Offline gzappala

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2016, 12:11:08 am »
Hi, how do you select specific users to receive certain notifications?  For example, I have 3 users setup on my plugin-forwarding, but I would like certain scenes to only notify 1 or 2 of the users. 

I've selected only the desired user(s) on the Vera GUI to receive notifications for a given scene and also double-checked that the auto-inserted code into my scene only contains the user name(s) desired to be notified; however, ALL devices receive the notification.

How do I set this up?  I'm using Vera Alerts and VeraMate Alerts Plugin.

Thanks in advance...

Offline veramate

« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2016, 07:18:45 am »
Hi, how do you select specific users to receive certain notifications?  For example, I have 3 users setup on my plugin-forwarding, but I would like certain scenes to only notify 1 or 2 of the users. 

This question hasn't come up for over a year or more actually - the plugin has a bit of a deficiency where it doesn't allow that customizations (a conscience decision back at the time).  I will see about submitting a new plugin to rectify this and simply allow the user list to be overridden via the LUUP, but for now it's a bit of a hack: you would need to have 3 LUUP commands.  Set the user list to a single user, send the alert, and reset the userlist.

luup.call_action("urn:veramate-com:serviceId:VeraMatePN", "SetAlertUser",  {UserName = "picard"}, [deviceid])

luup.call_action("urn:veramate-com:serviceId:VeraMatePN", "SendAlert",  {Msg = "My Message"}, [deviceid])

luup.call_action("urn:veramate-com:serviceId:VeraMatePN", "SetAlertUser",  {UserName = "picard,kirk"}, [deviceid])

A bit horrible, but will allow you to do it for the short term.

Apple Watch, Voice Control, GeoFencing, iBeacons, Today Widget, UI5/6/7 support, Alerts.

Offline gzappala

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2016, 11:08:14 pm »
Thanks for the prompt response.  Nothing wrong with a work-around for the time being! 

I will code it and keep an eye out for when the plugin is updated.

Cheers!

Offline gzappala

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2016, 03:20:08 am »
Hi again...

I'm getting strange behavior on Push Notifications.  When any notification is sent to both my iPhone and my wife's iPhone, I receive it with no issues, but her phone always gets the same notification TWICE (one immediately followed by an exact copy).  I'm currently using Plugin-Forwarding.  Notifications sent by other apps work just fine on her phone.

I've checked configuration on both phones and they are the same regarding Notifications.

Any idea what could be happening?

Thanks in advance!

Offline veramate

« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2016, 04:45:33 am »
I'm getting strange behavior on Push Notifications.  When any notification is sent to both my iPhone and my wife's iPhone, I receive it with no issues, but her phone always gets the same notification TWICE (one immediately followed by an exact copy).  I'm currently using Plugin-Forwarding.  Notifications sent by other apps work just fine on her phone.

If you PM me your username, I can check if there is anything strange happening, but I haven't heard this happen before.  I would perhaps try 2 things; just make sure you haven't entered the username twice on the VeraMate Alerts plugin.  Also, you could try uninstalling the app, and reinstalling - I doubt that will change anything, but perhaps it was registered for both usernames somehow.

Offline dbmccallum

« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2016, 03:40:43 pm »
I receive the push notification no problem with my IPAD (IOS 9.3.4) with no problems, Veramate Premium version 11.1.1.2
Upgraded my phone and my wife's to IOS 9.3.5, Veramate Premium version 11.1.1.2, and they no longer receive push notifications. 
I know the push notification are being sent from the Vera cause I get them on the IPAD. 

Is this a known issue?  Should I upgrade to IOS 10?
Vera Edge (1.7.2406), (56) GE/Jasco ON/OFF switches, (18) GE dimmers, (8 GE Outdoor modules, (4) 4-1 Aeotech Multisensor, (7) 6-1 Aeotech Multisensor, (1) Siren WA105DBZ, (2) Liftmaster Garage Doors,Vera 3 (1.7.830), 2 GE Outdoor Modules,Vera Lite (1.7.902) RTS Bridge, 14 Somphy Blinds, Homewave

Offline veramate

« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2016, 11:38:22 am »
There won't be a need to upgrade to iOS 10, unless I've got a bug.  Please double check alerts are enabled in settings/alerts, otherwise, I'm investigating further.

Offline dbmccallum

« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2016, 09:47:59 pm »
Veramate version 11.1.1.3 fixed my issues.  Wife is still on IOS 9.3.5 and I upgraded to IOS 10.0.2.  Both work.
Vera Edge (1.7.2406), (56) GE/Jasco ON/OFF switches, (18) GE dimmers, (8 GE Outdoor modules, (4) 4-1 Aeotech Multisensor, (7) 6-1 Aeotech Multisensor, (1) Siren WA105DBZ, (2) Liftmaster Garage Doors,Vera 3 (1.7.830), 2 GE Outdoor Modules,Vera Lite (1.7.902) RTS Bridge, 14 Somphy Blinds, Homewave

Offline dbmccallum

« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2016, 09:58:19 pm »
New Question.  How do I add a timestamp to the message in the LUA code
luup.call_action("urn:veramate-com:serviceId:VeraMatePN", "SendAlert", {Msg = "South West Basement"}, 75)

Offline wholeflaffer

« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2016, 01:39:37 am »
Since the time I set up VeraMate Alerts quite a while ago, I have been receiving both Vera Alert and VeraMate Alert messages for each triggering event.  The Vera alert text is relatively complex (with gateway and notification ID numbers included), while the much nicer VeraMate Alerts simply tell me what just happened ("Garage Door has been opened"). 

Is there a way I can suppress the more complex notifications?  I don't need two apps telling me the same thing each time!  Thanks!

Offline veramate

« Reply #71 on: November 16, 2016, 03:04:25 pm »
Since the time I set up VeraMate Alerts quite a while ago, I have been receiving both Vera Alert and VeraMate Alert messages for each triggering event.  The Vera alert text is relatively complex (with gateway and notification ID numbers included), while the much nicer VeraMate Alerts simply tell me what just happened ("Garage Door has been opened"). 

Is there a way I can suppress the more complex notifications?  I don't need two apps telling me the same thing each time!  Thanks!

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by an extra Vera Alert - VeraAlert is used to forward to VeraMate, which means you've setup an additional push notification there.   I'd recommend perhaps asking on the Vera Alerts board:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/board,21.0.html

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
« Reply #72 on: November 16, 2016, 04:39:43 pm »
Vera alert text is relatively complex (with gateway and notification ID numbers included)
It get's confusing .... but what you are describing is NOT from the Vera Alerts Plugin ... it's from Vera's itself.
You can turn these off by logging on to the Vera Servers and disabling the text and email notifications for your Vera account.

Offline wholeflaffer

« Reply #73 on: November 16, 2016, 11:50:19 pm »
You can turn these off by logging on to the Vera Servers and disabling the text and email notifications for your Vera account.

This sounds like what is happening. Thanks!

Offline dbmccallum

« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2016, 11:37:30 am »
Having troubles.....
I migrated my system from a Vera 3 to a Vera Edge.
Running
VeraMate Plugin 1.0
Vera Firmware 1.7.2139
IOS
Veramate App 11.4.1.1

Everything worked with my older Vera system, with the new system I can not get the VeraMate alerts.  Set ups are identical except Vera Firmware.

Any thoughts?