Author Topic: No longer in Google Play: Android Device Monitor with AutoVera  (Read 9426 times)

Offline clippermiami

Re: Android Device Monitor with AutoVera
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2014, 12:23:56 pm »
I second using AutoLocation for geolocation.  I'm in the midst of build a Location Monitor with a similar setup to Device Monitor, that relies on AutoLocation geofences and activity tracking. 

Clipper,

Can you ensure you are entering your SSID exactly as it appears, also paying attention to case sensitivity? If your current network and SSID match, the value should change to home from away.

Cor,

I suppose it's possible that in the S5 (and potentially other models) that the Android system does not clear the last known network name after disconnecting, I'll have to look in to it. 

Did you guys stumble across the Google Play link or are you using the APK from this post?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.droidkc.avdm

I have removed and re entered the SSID several times on both my wife's phone and mine, both always show away . FYI both are Galaxy S5.

Two Vera Plus UI7 Linked via HTTP, 90+ Devices. PlugIns: PLEG, DSC, Blue Iris, MySensors,  AutoVera, ImperiHome, VeraAlerts, EventWatcher

Offline dkc

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2014, 01:05:33 pm »
Clipper,

If you open Tasker, go to State, Net, WiFi Connected, and click the magnifying glass, do you see your network there among the others? I'm thinking Samsung modified something regarding WiFi naming, I'll have to find an alternate way get the network name.  Do you know if any of the your system variables show your Wifi network name?

Thanks for your help, sorry for the trouble

Offline clippermiami

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2014, 01:20:31 pm »
Clipper,

If you open Tasker, go to State, Net, WiFi Connected, and click the magnifying glass, do you see your network there among the others? I'm thinking Samsung modified something regarding WiFi naming, I'll have to find an alternate way get the network name.  Do you know if any of the your system variables show your Wifi network name?

Thanks for your help, sorry for the trouble

Mea Culpa. For some reason I read SSID and kept inputting the WiFi Password. Don't ask me why :-)

I have three access points in the house all with different SSIDs so don't think this solution going work for me anyway. That and I often keep the Wi-Fi on the phone off to conserve battery so that's two strikes :-). I guess I'm going to have to keep looking for a location solution.

Thanks and again my apologies for confusing the situation.
Two Vera Plus UI7 Linked via HTTP, 90+ Devices. PlugIns: PLEG, DSC, Blue Iris, MySensors,  AutoVera, ImperiHome, VeraAlerts, EventWatcher

Offline Cor

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2014, 04:38:57 am »
Did you guys stumble across the Google Play link or are you using the APK from this post?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.droidkc.avdm

I used the apk from this post , should I use another one?

Cor

Offline dkc

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2014, 12:31:55 pm »
The app has been released to Google Play, the current version replaces Cell with device Volume level. Other than that, there isn't much different. Any updates and additions to the app will be provided via Google Play, so that may be an incentive to migrate.  Installing from Google Play should simply offer an update.

Here is the link:  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.droidkc.avdm

Offline mikee123

Re: Now in Google Play: Android Device Monitor with AutoVera
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2014, 08:27:00 am »
My Android device monitor seems to have stopped updating. When I check on my phone, it is displaying the correct battery level, but on my Vera it is stuck on 17%. I have set the updates to 30 mins, but it is stuck at 17% this morning and discharging. I have since charged the phone to 100%, and it is now 96%. I have pressed update on the ADM a few times, and refreshed the Vera UI a few times too, but is still stuck. I have not been able to check or change the AutoVera device for a long time (posted in another thread but never got a response), that is stuck on 'Opening show settings' but it did not bother me too much as everything was working fine
I also have 2 tablets with the ADM, they are working fine
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 11:31:25 am by mikee123 »

Offline mikee123

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2014, 06:44:12 am »
Problem solved with a reboot of the phone. Strange though, as that never happened before.

Offline mikee123

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2014, 11:45:42 am »
I wanted to reinstall the Android Device Monitor on my new phone, but the google play link does not work. In the meantime have installed the one from your website, but that is not the newest version, it still has cell instead of volume

Offline dkc

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2014, 01:31:14 pm »
Google pulled Android Device Monitor form the Play Store because of the name, which in hindsight, makes perfect sense.  I'll resubmit with a different app name in the near future.

In the mean time, here is the APK that was last submitted to Google Play: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/65414242/Android_Device_Monitor.55.apk

Offline alanawkl

Re: No longer in Google Play: Android Device Monitor with AutoVera
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2015, 03:36:08 pm »
hi,

i just installed ADM on my phone, and i'm trying to get AutoVera to retrieve the ADM's Status (home or away) so that i can use this to trigger different tasks. I wasn't able to do so, can someone please kindly advise me how to do it correctly?

Thanks,
Alan

Offline Homer

• Sr. Newbie
Re: No longer in Google Play: Android Device Monitor with AutoVera
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2015, 05:19:04 am »
Hey,

I'm guessing that this app won't work now that the Variable Container and Virtual Switch plugins have been taken down? Pity coz I have pretty much all your other apps and would have liked to use this.