Author Topic: Vera Blue Iris Unofficial Plugin  (Read 174924 times)

Offline nayr14

Re: Vera Blue Iris Unofficial Plugin
« Reply #660 on: November 13, 2017, 10:19:26 pm »
I setup my first camera using this plugin (installed via apps).

However, now I have another camera in BI so I wanted to add it to Vera.  I go to the app information and click "Create another" and a few seconds later get the "Device Created" message box.  However, there is no camera.  I've tried this a few times.  Am I doing something wrong?  VeraPlus on UI7 v0.6

Did you put in the corresponding Camera Name from Blue Iris? Typically Cam1 and Cam2 etc.

The first camera works great, but I'm trying to add my second camera in Vera.  I can't get it to generate another camera in Vera so I can set those variables.

Should that create another button generate a second camera for me to adjust the settings of?

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #661 on: November 14, 2017, 11:00:06 am »
I setup my first camera using this plugin (installed via apps).

However, now I have another camera in BI so I wanted to add it to Vera.  I go to the app information and click "Create another" and a few seconds later get the "Device Created" message box.  However, there is no camera.  I've tried this a few times.  Am I doing something wrong?  VeraPlus on UI7 v0.6

Did you put in the corresponding Camera Name from Blue Iris? Typically Cam1 and Cam2 etc.

The first camera works great, but I'm trying to add my second camera in Vera.  I can't get it to generate another camera in Vera so I can set those variables.

Should that create another button generate a second camera for me to adjust the settings of?

Yes it should.

Try update app then reload the lua and refresh your browser. They click create another, reload lua and refresh your browser.

Offline TomBrewer

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #662 on: March 07, 2018, 12:32:17 pm »
I have tried and tried to get this plug-in working. Cameras work fine locally in BlueIris. At this point Vera is giving me the following message "Camera has a problem. Image may not be actual Camera has a problem." Using a Vera Edge with UI17.

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #663 on: March 07, 2018, 01:21:15 pm »
I have tried and tried to get this plug-in working. Cameras work fine locally in BlueIris. At this point Vera is giving me the following message "Camera has a problem. Image may not be actual Camera has a problem." Using a Vera Edge with UI17.

Blue Iris:
Did you open a port for the BlueIris Server in your router? You must do this first. The BlueIris Server IP address will be the IP address of the PC on which BlueIris runs.

Vera:
Did you create a camera using the BlueIris Plugin? If not, create one. If you have created one, there should be a new unconfigured camera so go to..

Devices > Cameras > Blue Iris CAM #xxx.

Select the > Button.

Advanced.

Network is
<local ip address of BlueIris Server>:<BlueIris Server Port#>

Login Credentials are your BlueIris Server Login Credentials. <UserName> <Password>

Click Done at the bottom then reopen the Advanced tab as described above.

Click Extra Parameters.

Params
Name your camera. All other settings should be fine already but if not, the ip address and login are as above.

Variables
CameraName is the <Short Camera Name> given the Camera in BlueIris.
URL is "/image/<Short Camera Name in BlueIris>?"
DirectStreamingULR is "/mjpg/<Short Camera Name in Blue Iris>/video.mjpg"

Should be it. Note, do not use the quotation marks as I have used them only to quote what goes there. Additional Note, do not use the brackets <> but put in the information from your set up.

Report back.

Offline TomBrewer

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #664 on: March 07, 2018, 02:25:50 pm »
Attached is a screen shot of the view through Vera. I can get to the camera, because the image (some of it) is correct. There is NO moving video though.
So from this I can only assume that the IP, etc. etc. are ok. Don't to set anything in the router, because the Vera and the BlueIris PC are on the same network. External access is into the Vera.

This is the URL that I have "/image/Cathy?q=80&s=80&user=<username>&pw=<password>" BlueIris generated this for me.

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #665 on: March 07, 2018, 05:26:57 pm »
I think Vera works better with just stills being shown rather than streaming a video. All 4 of my cameras, plus the composite feed, are all stills, updated about once a second, which meets my needs, does not overtax Vera, and minimizes my data use when looking at cameras on VeraMate on my phone.

If I need to actually see (and hear) a live stream, I use a different app on my phone for that.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.1017, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #666 on: March 07, 2018, 05:42:21 pm »
Yes.. stills about every 6 seconds in Vera. The plugin is mainly to use the camera's motion sensors to trigger other events. Viewing and checking triggered events is best dome in BlueIris itself.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Offline TomBrewer

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #667 on: March 07, 2018, 06:49:47 pm »
This I didn't know. I "assumed" that video could be streamed, which is the point. But, if taking an image every 6 seconds is the best we can do, so be it. What setting will allow me to accomplish this?

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #668 on: March 07, 2018, 07:08:29 pm »
This I didn't know. I "assumed" that video could be streamed, which is the point. But, if taking an image every 6 seconds is the best we can do, so be it. What setting will allow me to accomplish this?

The "point" of hooking cameras into Vera is to trigger other events when the cameras sense motion. Streaming video is best handled by the native BlueIris App as is especially recording. I have a dedicated 4TB drive for BlueIris DVR and record 24/7, keeping video for a few weeks before recycling disk space. This isn't possible in Vera. Getting frame updates is fine as you aren't saving them in Vera anyhow.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #669 on: March 07, 2018, 09:47:11 pm »
The "point" of hooking cameras into Vera is to trigger other events when the cameras sense motion.

And the plugin is not needed for this. Just a virtual motion for each camera and setting up the alerts under each cameras motion tab.

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #670 on: March 08, 2018, 02:30:56 pm »
The "point" of hooking cameras into Vera is to trigger other events when the cameras sense motion.

And the plugin is not needed for this. Just a virtual motion for each camera and setting up the alerts under each cameras motion tab.

True but I found it easier to get the cameras into Vera with the plugin.. Only one IP address and port to open on the router and setting up a new one is basically copy/paste, changing the Short Camera Name in the appropriate places in the plugin.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #671 on: March 09, 2018, 12:00:34 am »
True but I found it easier to get the cameras into Vera with the plugin.. Only one IP address and port to open on the router and setting up a new one is basically copy/paste, changing the Short Camera Name in the appropriate places in the plugin.

The point was you don't need the cameras in vera, and using either the plugin or virtual motion requires no port opening of the router, its all local from Blueiris to VERA. Using virtual motions also require not copy and paste or camera short names.

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #672 on: March 09, 2018, 08:59:32 am »

The point was you don't need the cameras in vera, and using either the plugin or virtual motion requires no port opening of the router, its all local from Blueiris to VERA. Using virtual motions also require not copy and paste or camera short names.
Wow! I've been doing this in the wrong way. How to get BI to talk directly to Vera, mainly for motion triggered events?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Offline TomBrewer

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #673 on: March 09, 2018, 09:48:58 am »
You know, call me crazy. But, when I first heard of the Blue Iris plugin I immediately thought video streaming. Or extending the video of Blue Iris out to a Vera for viewing remotely. I almost feel as though I've been suckered in here, because the plugin, in fact, does not support video streaming. It's sort of a slow refresh rate of still images instead.
From what I've read here, it's main purpose seems to be to trigger events. Any comments?

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #674 on: March 09, 2018, 05:46:08 pm »
Wow! I've been doing this in the wrong way. How to get BI to talk directly to Vera, mainly for motion triggered events?

Thanks!

See reply #106 in this thread.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,23423.105.html

Basicly is you install a virtual motion for each camera you have in vera, then in Blueiris under each camera you set an alert that when motion is trigger you send an http command to flip the virtual switch to on/motion and when blueiris resets have it flip the motion to off or no motion. Both VERA and Blueiris are on your local LAN so no need to port forward to the internet,WAN or outside world.

Now if you using the blueiris app to view your cameras outside of your home you need to port forward for that, but it has nothing to do with motions in vera.