Author Topic: Best irrigation controller for HA integration?  (Read 9464 times)

Offline brucehvn

Re: Best irrigation controller for HA integration?
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2015, 03:46:41 pm »
Well, I guess they heard the complaints about the programming.  I just got a new OpenSprinkler and the UI allows different times for each zone within a program.  I've been using a Rain8 X10 for about 12 years and just converted to OS so I could integrate it better and more reliably into my HA.  There is one feature of the Rain8 I kinda miss.  It had the ability to store a drop dead timeout for each zone so that if for whatever reason a zone got turned on manually (accidentally hit a button on a remote, butt dialing the sprinklers, weird X10 power line crap, etc.) the zone would never run more than the drop dead time and it would shut it off.  So far I don't see that functionality in OS.

Offline CudaNet

• Chimichanga !
Re: Best irrigation controller for HA integration?
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2015, 04:38:54 pm »
The developer of OS seems to be improving the product all the time, I'm sure an email with the suggestion would actually make it's way into production...

Well, I guess they heard the complaints about the programming.  I just got a new OpenSprinkler and the UI allows different times for each zone within a program.  I've been using a Rain8 X10 for about 12 years and just converted to OS so I could integrate it better and more reliably into my HA.  There is one feature of the Rain8 I kinda miss.  It had the ability to store a drop dead timeout for each zone so that if for whatever reason a zone got turned on manually (accidentally hit a button on a remote, butt dialing the sprinklers, weird X10 power line crap, etc.) the zone would never run more than the drop dead time and it would shut it off.  So far I don't see that functionality in OS.
openLuup, AltUI, Zway and HomeWave, enough said...