Author Topic: SimpleWave for Vera 1.1.0 - Now Works with Nests new API without a plugin  (Read 4383 times)

Offline rsoares28

SimpleWave for Vera 1.1.0 - Now Works with Nests new API without a plugin
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2014, 05:11:44 pm »
Thanks for the reply.

So just to be clear... I would have to remove the nest plugin from vera, disabling any scenes  I have setup which uses the nest.

Basically simplewave would be the only way I could gain access to the nest? Is that correct?

Is there a way to hide the nest plugin instance in simplewave so only one thermostat  shows up?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 05:13:58 pm by rsoares28 »

Offline markn

• SimpleWave
Re: SimpleWave for Vera 1.1.0 - Now Works with Nests new API without a plugin
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2014, 09:35:47 pm »
You can either choose to use the nest plugin or simplewave if you only want it to show up once. We support the nest plugin for those folks who want to use it instead of the official 'works with nest' feature that we have used.

There is currently not a way to hide it, as I just thought folks would choose to use one or the other.

Offline Mgsmith75

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2014, 09:43:47 pm »
Hey Markn,

I am still having problems with local login. It won't login in when I am at home. I need to turn wifi off to force remote login. I am not sure why this is happening and it doesn't happen with any other app. Would you be able to put a toggle in settings to force remote login regardless of if I am on my local network. Simplewave must be doing something different than my other apps and I have not be able to debug it on my side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline markn

• SimpleWave
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2014, 09:48:40 pm »
Thanks for the heads-up Mike,

I've heard of another report of this as well and will look into fixing it tomorrow. Are you using the latest beta 1.1.5.x?

Also please refresh my memory if you're using UI5, 6 or 7?

Thanks,
-Mark
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 09:50:26 pm by markn »

Offline Mgsmith75

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2014, 09:56:17 pm »
UI5, I probably won't be using UI7 anytime in the near future. There are too many bugs and it is going  on almost 2 months since the UI7 RC was released with no updates to fix any of the bugs being reported.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Mgsmith75

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2014, 12:15:19 pm »
Mark,

I have determined that if I select secure my Vera on unit settings then I experience the issue of the failed login in. If I un-secure the Vera then simple wave works as expected. So I have to assume that something is going on with the authentication when I am within my home network when my Vera is secured and requires a login and password to access locally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline markn

• SimpleWave
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2014, 01:26:53 pm »
Thats very good info and makes sense - I wonder if other apps experience the same symptom or if its something we're doing different. I'll have to dig into this more...