We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: New Pioneer Receiver Plugin  (Read 14983 times)

Offline ebolam

• Sr. Newbie
New Pioneer Receiver Plugin
« on: July 23, 2014, 07:37:44 pm »
For any that want it, I took the existing pioneer plugin (see here: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=9039.0) and added two way communication (instantaneous!) with the receiver. I also adjusted the inputs to match my model (VSX-1023).

I'm planning on adding inputs to the scene controller so you can trigger off of input changes.

It's currently available in the plugin store as Pioneer Receivers Controller. Simply put in your receiver's IP address and have fun!

Hopefully someone finds it useful.

Online K-Rock

• Sr. Newbie
Re: New Pioneer Receiver Plugin
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 08:21:00 pm »
I've added your plugin and was able to connect it to my VSX-1020.  From within Vera, I can turn it off and switch some of the inputs.

When I turn it off, Vera shows it as still on.

Do you have any ideas on what to start reviewing?

Offline legend99

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 01:15:49 pm »
Hey K-Rock. I have the same problem as you, turning off my Pioneer Receiver it continues to show that it is on. Have you figured anything out?

UPDATE:

Problem solved. Did not have the WOL on for the pioneer receiver. Everything works great now.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 08:50:13 pm by legend99 »

Online K-Rock

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 03:56:13 pm »
Is WOL a setting for your receiver or did you set it in the router? Do you have a VSX-1020K.

Offline legend99

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 01:53:19 pm »
@K-Rock. I have the VSX 1021. The WOL or Network Standby has to be set to on. You need to goto to Network Settings and choose Network Standby. Set standby to ON.

Online K-Rock

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 02:03:45 pm »
From everything that I can find, the 1020 doesn't have the network standby setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline shward1

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 09:49:05 pm »
I happened upon this thread tonight and it reminded me that back in January I attempted to update the original plugin mentioned earlier as well.  I spent a few days working on it and then it fell of my radar.

Tonight I went back to look at where I left things at and surprisingly I was almost completely done with what I attempted to do.  I spent a few minutes cleaning a couple of things up and thought I would post what I ended up with.  Let me know what you think if you decide to give it a whirl.

A couple of things I added to this version:
1.  Like ebolam's version this one has two-way comms
2.  Input labels get automatically updated (see attached screen shots)

I want to state again that I leveraged a lot of hard work done by others.  If you examine the code and see something looks familiar I probably leveraged some of your stuff, thank you...

To install:
- Upload files via Develop Apps tab
- Create device via Develop Apps tab
- Enter IP for AV receiver in device Advanced tab
- Hit the Reload button a couple of time to get everything going

Offline laaf2005

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 09:56:00 am »
Does anyone know if this works with UI7?  I was trying to get this working last night and it would not see my receiver.  Maybe I am missing something.  I added the plugin and IP info, but wouldnt work.  I have the vsx-1123

Online K-Rock

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2014, 10:55:05 am »
I will try this new version tonight - does this fix the issues with the VSX-1020? I realize that I can't turn it on through the plugin, but will it report that it has been turned off?

Offline shward1

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2014, 01:39:14 pm »
Does anyone know if this works with UI7?  I was trying to get this working last night and it would not see my receiver.  Maybe I am missing something.  I added the plugin and IP info, but wouldnt work.  I have the vsx-1123

I have not tried it with UI7.

Offline shward1

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2014, 01:40:54 pm »
I will try this new version tonight - does this fix the issues with the VSX-1020? I realize that I can't turn it on through the plugin, but will it report that it has been turned off?

I have only tested with a VSX-1123 and am not familiar with the VSX-1020 issue, can you elaborate?

Offline shward1

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2014, 02:03:05 pm »

I have only tested with a VSX-1123 and am not familiar with the VSX-1020 issue, can you elaborate?

I see the issue your referring to in your earlier post.  Without a network standby setting I am not sure if there is a way to fix it.

Offline skydivinpilot

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2014, 12:51:30 am »
ebolam, Thank you for taking the time to make this plugin.  I have it communicating with my VSX-1022-K, however the volume controls do not work which is ok for me.  When I open it up I am able to change the inputs, however how can I make a scene select the receiver inputs?  It appears the only options I can trigger on this plugin for a scene is on/off and volume control.  Thanks!

Offline shward1

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2014, 01:37:09 am »
ebolam, Thank you for taking the time to make this plugin.  I have it communicating with my VSX-1022-K, however the volume controls do not work which is ok for me.  When I open it up I am able to change the inputs, however how can I make a scene select the receiver inputs?  It appears the only options I can trigger on this plugin for a scene is on/off and volume control.  Thanks!

The version I attached a few messages above allows what your looking for.

Offline skydivinpilot

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2014, 12:06:33 pm »
The version I attached a few messages above allows what your looking for.
I tried yours however it isn't able to communicate to my vsx-1022-k, I'll try again and see if I was doing something wrong the first.  Thanks