Author Topic: Geofence switch from Manual to Automatic Mode  (Read 1668 times)

Offline hummer5

• Sr. Newbie
Geofence switch from Manual to Automatic Mode
« on: July 29, 2014, 01:33:13 pm »
I have installed iviri on my iphone 5. Setup went without any hiccups. I did setup geofence with home and area of 100m. Whenever i am coming in or going out i get the popup that it needs to be manually activated. My phone has full bars. I want geofence to operate my garage door. I will appreciate any help in this matter and if any one can tell me how to make this automatic so when i come within the radius the garage door opens automatically and when i go out it closes.

Thanks in advance.

Offline pentium

Re: Geofence switch from Manual to Automatic Mode
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 05:14:41 pm »
Do you have the pleg app?  Do you have the garage door app?  I have it setup in pleg to open as wife approaches.  Hadn't thought about having it close the door when she leaves.  I might consider checking it and sending me a note if she forgot.  A lot of people seem to have a concern about closing an unmonitored door in case something would be hurt by the door coming down.

Anyway, I will tell you how I did it in those apps if you want to use them.  Let me know.  This assumes you already have the ability to open and close your garage door with vera.

Offline hummer5

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 07:29:28 pm »
pentium,

Thank you so much for replying. If you can please help me out, I will appreciate that.

hummer

Offline pentium

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 07:48:30 pm »
will do, i need some information, so please respond to the questions i asked.

also, there are thousands of people more experienced at this, so please don't consider me an expert because i have a few things working and no doubt I probably didn't do any of it in the best way.

Offline tb001

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 11:06:15 pm »
Do you want to not have to manually operate the switch? If this is the issue, go to settings>iviri and disable the notify on entry/exit. That should cause your linked switch to operate automatically. You may think about tying this to a virtual switch that is used to trigger the garage door opening.

Offline hummer5

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 10:19:46 pm »
Thanks for the reply guys. I have disabled the option for the manual switch buy now all I get is iviri switch ok when I enter geofence and no the else happens. I want to know about how to open the garage door and how to link iviri's geofence to do that so when I enter it automatically opens the door and upon leaving it closes it. Or do I need to take Plegs help. I will appreciate a step by step and again I do appreciate every bodies help.

Thank you

Offline tb001

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 06:04:54 pm »
Thanks for the reply guys. I have disabled the option for the manual switch buy now all I get is iviri switch ok when I enter geofence and no the else happens. I want to know about how to open the garage door and how to link iviri's geofence to do that so when I enter it automatically opens the door and upon leaving it closes it. Or do I need to take Plegs help. I will appreciate a step by step and again I do appreciate every bodies help.

Thank you

When you set up the geofence, did you set up a link to a virtual switch in vera? If so, then you'll need to set up a scene so that when the virtual switch is on, you trigger your door opening. I would recommend doing this in PLEG, as I've found PLEG easier to use and more versatile. Take a look at the PLEG forum for specific examples.