We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Intermatic HA07 Won't Deactivate Scene  (Read 859 times)

Offline airic499

Intermatic HA07 Won't Deactivate Scene
« on: August 04, 2014, 09:57:19 pm »
Nuts and bolts, using a Vera3 with UI5.  I have the light on and light off Scenes setup and functioning fine.  The Intermatic HA07 is associated fine and functions for the most part.   The exception is that I cannot seem to program the deactivate side of the trigger switch. 

I can associate the scene; Lamp on and Lamp off scene to any "On" side of the switch.  However, I cannot seem to figure out how to associate the lamp off scene to the deactivate scene trigger.  Hopefully I made that clear.  So button 1 on = lamp 1 on scene activate  Button 2 0n = lamp 1 off scene activate.  Button 1 deactivate doesn't trigger any scene.

This was all added through the UI5 interface; add scene functions, while in scene click on triggers add trigger.  I am wondering if I should try deleting the triggers and just adding the lamp module directly to the HA07?  Will that mess anything up within the network overall?  Any caveats (especially like, "Don't do it!  :))
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 11:02:28 pm by airic499 »

Offline airic499

Re: Intermatic HA07 Won't Deactivate Scene
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 07:26:33 pm »
Not trying to just bump the post, but I tried to set up a GE/Jasco 45600.  This my old primary, and always worked perfectly.  But the same thing a with the Intermatic.  I can assign anything to an "On" side of a button and nothing to the "Off" side.  I'll give a bit more detail of the process I am following.  Obviously I am doing something wrong, so hopefully some one can see what and point it out. 

1)  Create a scene with the desired functionality.  (Note, the off scene works fine when run from Web console, so scene is good).
2)  From the Scene select the trigger tab.
3)  Under the Trigger tab select the appropriate controller.
4)  Under What type of event is the trigger? Select "A scene is deactivated"
5)  Name the Button Scene
6)  Put the desired Button Number (Sic) as response to "Which scene number?"
7)  Confirm changes.
8)  Save

If I go to the devices page and check the controller for applied controlls it looks perfect:
     ScenesButton #4-on=Bed Lamp On, Button #4-off=Bed Lamp Off

But the button 4 on works, the button 4 off does not.  If I assign the off scene to button 5 say on, then Button 5, on correctly transmits the Off scene?

Offline airic499

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 12:15:30 pm »
Ok Good News/Bad News.  I finally found this on the Wiki.

The 5 scene buttons on the scene controller can be turned 'on' or 'off'. Turning the scene on triggers the scenes 1 through 5. Turning the scene off does not turn the devices in the scene off as you would expect. Rather, turning off any of the 5 buttons causing Vera to trigger scene 0. So if you create a scene with the event for 'scene 0', it will be triggered whenever you turn off any scene. You can create a scene as described above, and in step 5 choose button #0. But this means that no matter which of the 5 scene buttons you turn off, they all trigger the scene for button #0.

If this is confusing, just stick to the normal usage of buttons 1-5, but be aware that if scene 2, for example, is 'on' (ie the LED is lit), you will need to press '2' twice to get it to run the scene again. So, using this method, the normal way to turn off the lights is to have a scene which turns the devices off and assigns it to a button. For example, scene '1' could be your 'bright' scene, scene '2' could be your 'dinner scene', and scene '3' could be your 'living room lights off' and scene 4 could be your 'all lights off' scene.

So bottom line is the behavior I am seeing is what is expected.  Somehow this seems like a bad implementation on someone's part.  Why have an "off" if it can't be programed to run an "off" version of the specific scene.  I guess if you have a one or two button type remote instead of a master, you can have Scene 0 (which really means button 0, not scene in the Vera sense) which does an All off scene. 

Offline kkl

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 12:47:10 am »
This behavior is how MCV decided to implement its interface with the HA07.  In general, the ON button scene is controlled by Vera.  That is, Vera does the communicating with the scene's devices.  The OFF button action is controlled by the HA07 directly, without Vera.  It will turn off all devices associated with that scene.