We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: ZTS-100  (Read 4986 times)

Offline long

• Sr. Newbie
Re: ZTS-100
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2013, 12:49:15 pm »
I try a few routine poll:

Blank (default) but problem still exists

Set to 60  but problem still the same

Now I set to 300! Testing it this poll routine atm

For  [1] is cool set to
      [2] is heat set to

Offline kkl

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2013, 06:32:41 pm »
Now I set to 300! Testing it this poll routine atm

For  [1] is cool set to
      [2] is heat set to
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you are saying.  Perhaps you should contact Remotec Tech Support.  I found them to be very helpful.

Offline long

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2013, 10:06:03 pm »
alright.,  i will contact them thank you

Offline sparky

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2013, 10:52:34 pm »
@long - I don't know how to do LUUP code yet, but I am experiencing the same issue you are having at a more basic level. Have you tried just doing a simple scene using the Advanced tab? In the attached screen shots, you can see that for this scene I switch on both the lamp and the heater (and switch off both 5 minutes later). The trigger for this scene is when the ambient temperature < 70 (fahrenheit).

The scene was only triggered two times:
1. When I created the scene the first time and hit "SAVE". After the scene completed (i.e. after 5 minutes and the heater and lamp switched off), the scene never activated again.
2. When I manually triggered the scene by using the "Run" scene button.

The scene did not activate even after waiting for over twice the "Poll this node at most once every" period.
The scene did not activate when I did a manual POLL.

Keep me posted on what Remotec has to say. I also have a few tickets open with Vera but they have not replied to any of them yet (one is for this, and the other is for a similar one but this time for the Aeotec 4-in-1 Multi Sensor). It seems temperature triggers are very hard to use!

Offline daneg

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2014, 02:06:11 pm »
I'm having similar issues with polling the thermostat.  Occasionally, and for no apparent reason, Vera does not poll the temperature.  When I go into UI5 and manually poll it, there's no problem (I see the temperature immediately adjust 2-5 degrees).  After following tips in this thread, I've adjusted the default poll values from 1080s to 60s and most recently to 30s (see screenshot below).

(http://i.imgur.com/AsVjHMM.png)
http://i.imgur.com/AsVjHMM.png

There's absolutely no issue regarding connectivity as far as I can tell. The Vera is so close to the thermostat that even without any help from the mesh network, it should be able to directly communicate with the it (opposite side of same room...maybe 15ft away).

The only thing I can think of is that the parameter that I'm adjusting is "poll this node at most once every 30 seconds" suggest that the minimum poll interval is 30s rather than "poll the node every 30s" which, to me, would mean actually polling every 30s rather than 30s being the minimum interval.  But if that's so, then where's this "poll every __ seconds" variable? 

I'm a novice with this stuff (obviously), but it seems to me like the issue is on the Vera/Mios side of things since the poll has to be initialized on that side, and the thermostat responds every time I manually poll.  Any help is greatly appreciated (might need to dumb it down though).