We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Separate Temp device  (Read 861 times)

Offline SirMeili

Separate Temp device
« on: August 07, 2014, 06:30:25 pm »
This may sound stupid, but the way I have my dashboard set up, I have a "whole house" room where the thermostat goes (BTW, I just got my next today as my 3M-50 died this morning :( ).

Anyways, I noticed that it names it based on where it is in the house (which I set when I installed the thermostat). So, while I would like the main thermostat to still reside in the "whole house" room, it would be nice if I could have a separate Temp device, like the separate humidity device) that I can place in the "hallway" room.

Would this be a possible addition? Could it be something that is optional? If not, I'm sure there is another way of doing that. Would anyone have any ideas on how to do it if it can't/won't be going into the plugin?

Thanks!
VeraLite (Live); ISY 994i (Live); Vera 3 (Waiting to replace VeraLite); Vera Edge (Waiting for all the bugs to be fixed); Xuan StackBox (Testing and waiting for more plugins and for it to mature)
Countless z-wave and insteon devices :D

Offline akbooer

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • "Less is more"
Re: Separate Temp device
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 03:16:35 am »
It's certainly straight-forward to do this outside of the plugin itself - I do this all the time for various third-party sensors.  For example, I have a separate dew point, max / min temperature devices, calculated from the Weather plugin (with their own different icons too.)

3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.