Author Topic: Nest plugin on UI7: observations and fixes  (Read 29205 times)

Offline hwve

Re: Nest plugin on UI7: observations and fixes
« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2015, 03:03:20 pm »
I have made some progress on Nest plugin updates for UI7, really just reconnecting the icons.  I submitted a question regarding why the current temperature is missing, and what other changes to the thermostat's JSON file would be needed.  One nice improvement in UI7 is that the thermostat's icon can change when it calls for heat, cool, or returns to idle.
How were you able to change the temperature from ?C to ?F?  It shows ?F everywhere on the Nest and the Nest app except on the Vera.

Offline kingbrad

« Reply #106 on: March 07, 2015, 08:03:11 pm »
Thanks for working on the Nest thermostat i have 4 and would love for them to work.  So far not having much luck with the apps maybe cause i'm on UI7.  The nest app is the only one that sort of works it will at least show you the values.  No colors or titles to tell you what values are or what mode is selected.  the energy app is also not working.  Tried the app made for my security system and it didn't work either.  so far i'm one half for three.  oh well do you think it's because i'm on UI7?  Don't know why none of the apps work. 

Offline seanh

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #107 on: March 10, 2015, 03:07:37 pm »
@Watou - With the new firmware update that was released yesterday and changes to how the Thermostat is handled, any chance you might be updating the Nest plugin?

Offline watou

« Reply #108 on: March 10, 2015, 03:35:58 pm »
@Watou - With the new firmware update that was released yesterday and changes to how the Thermostat is handled, any chance you might be updating the Nest plugin?

I've installed the latest firmware on my VeraEdge and I'm thinking about taking a look at the recent changes for the Nest and Ecobee plugins.  There is no v1.9 in the app store, but a version with UI7-specific files and icons is checked into the master branch at https://github.com/watou/vera-nest (or installing the v1.8 in the app store and then applying the files from abandoned_1.9.zip found here: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,26439.msg202335.html#msg202335).

Using that as a starting point, I think the only changes needed would be to the D*UI7.json files.  If you are a github user, you or someone could make and test changes that match the latest UI7 information on this latest firmware, and submit a pull request.  If not, I will get to it, but not in the next week (other work has priority).

watou

deejc

« Reply #109 on: March 10, 2015, 06:23:45 pm »
installing the v1.8 in the app store and then applying the files from abandoned_1.9.zip found here:

i did this on the last version of firmware, and i now have the icons etc but i am still waiting for the point that we able to see the current temp etc again.

Offline dinochronos

« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2016, 12:46:47 am »
Watou,

I am using the plugin app in UI7 and VERA Edge, when I used this app on UI5 I could see the actual temperature on the main page besides the set temps.  Also both the heating and cooling set temps are in red color, possible to also change to blue color for the cooling side.

Your app is great and have enjoyed using it for the last several years, I prefer this app over the way the Vera Connect WWN app.

Possible to consider a fix for this in UI7 would greatly appreciate !!

Thanks