We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: UI7: Appears to have reversed Open/Closed Trigger States on Door/Window sensors  (Read 1823 times)

Offline AEBogdan

• Sr. Newbie
Just a heads up. After updating to UI7 turning on my security caused me to get alert message for every AEON LABS door/Window sensor I have and set off the siren.

From what I can tell, updating to UI7 appears to have reversed the Open/Closed states on all the triggers for the AEON Labs Door/Window sensors. Thus, instead of triggering on an OPEN window it now triggers on a CLOSED window.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 06:38:04 pm by AEBogdan »

Offline AEBogdan

• Sr. Newbie
The battery low alerts have all also been converted to window open sensors. So I'm getting battery low messages if I open windows.

Offline agoodman82

That's disappointing... I have 15 of these sensors and like you, rely on them for security scenes that result in audible z-wave sirens going off if an armed sensor is tripped.I haven't yet upgraded to UI 7 and it's things like this that make me a bit hesitant to do so.

Did you just reverse the triggers from open to closed for the time being? I hope this will be fixed in the future if this affects all Aeon Labs sensors.

Offline waynehead99

Their 4-1 sensors do the same thing.

Offline AEBogdan

• Sr. Newbie
I stopped using Vera for security for now. No time to mess with UI7 right now. We're busy cleaning up after massive flooding in our area.

Offline Frank Houston

You are going have to delete and recreate all your Scenes and Notifications

I had an issue with most of my scenes not migrating correctly between UI6 and UI7, including one that kept triggering my siren and ended up having to remove the batteries from the Siren.

Its all good now.

Offline Grwebster

I had the same issue.  Did not have to delete the scenes, but just edited them.  It's a pain but relatively easy.  Beats me how they can call this a release candidate.  Making sure that the upgrade process does not do this kind of thing is critical to fix prior to release. I consider this release to still be beta.