We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: UI7 - comments and observations  (Read 16004 times)

Offline AndreasE

UI7 - comments and observations
« on: August 09, 2014, 12:41:06 pm »
I haven't installed UI7,  mainly because of the wait and see advice some users have given. Please share your comments and observations about UI7.

Offline Guimaraes

• Sr. Newbie
Re: UI7 - comments and observations
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 05:44:41 pm »
 :-\ Instalei do Ui6 para o Ui7, mas algumas coias n?o funcionam mais. O app para ipad parou de funcionar quando tento criar uma cena. PLEG... n?o funciona e as cenas ficaram doidas... ainda acho que est? muito inst?vel!

N?o tem com o entrar nas configura??es avan?adas como no Ui5!!

I installed the Ui6 for Ui7, but some Coias paragraph the work anymore. The app for ipad stopped working when I try to create a scene. Pleg ... n? Works and the scenes were crazy ... I still think it is very unstable!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 06:04:39 pm by Guimaraes »

Offline AEBogdan

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 06:36:34 pm »
AEON LABS door/window sensor triggers are all messed up after the upgrade from UI6 to UI7.

The battery low alerts have all been converted to window open sensors. So I'm getting battery low messages if I open windows.

The Window open alerts have been reversed, so when I turned on my security system which arms those sensors the siren went off and I received a bunch of Windows are Open messages for all the closed windows.

The Ecobee plug-in is not functioning.

It is a total mess. Tons of very obvious errors that would have been found with a minimum of testing. I'd wait for the next update.

Offline Grwebster

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 10:19:41 pm »
Install last night.  I have a simple system as a fairly new owner so I did not figure some issues would be that bad.  Some of my logic got reversed, and the way I setup home wave push notifications works, but I can't see or modify the custom homewave action.  If your system working flawlessly is critical for you, I suggest you hold on updating.

Offline intveltr

• Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 10:22:15 am »
The UI does not show the temperature setpoint for a Danfoss TRV.  Using either the UI or a smartphone app to set the temperature works correctly, and changing the temperature on the TRV results in the correct temp being reported back to the smartphone app. but in the Vera UI the setpoint remains at 0 degrees.

This might be due to the fact that the UI shows Mode: Off, causing the UI to always show 0.  The mode cannot be changed since the TRV doesn't support that command.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline waynehead99

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 12:37:04 pm »
Aeon 4 - 1 sensors do the same as the window sensors on the low battery alert FYI.

Offline Grwebster

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2014, 08:35:54 pm »
Nothing I have on my system is critical, so I am willing to stick with ui7 for the time being.  I can see that Vera is trying to make the interface very user friendly, but that should not come at the cost of lost functionality.   I am busy reprogramming and finding work-arounds, but I can see how the errors and loss of functionality would irritate people.

Offline atlantis94fr

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 09:06:07 am »
Help, IU7 needs more debug !!!

Just installed IU7 ysterday evening ,

This morning, very early,  when I reached a LMT 3/1 sensor area which set light on when I come inside my dining room, I have been rewarded by the sound of my fire alarm... ( and by the right light setup however !!!) ...seems to be something wrong in scene managment which were correct under IU6 !!!

Second problem, a general warning :

Current status, your gateway is working properly but stil no device is connected... 15 devices have lost connection with your controller !!

1) how can we flush those warning...
2) some of those warning seems to adress LMT sensor, the one that activated the alarm !!! 

For now I set my fire alarm offline in order to avoid the stress...

Can you help ?.

===> seems fix problem  if each scene is edited and triggers confirmed .
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 12:24:25 pm by atlantis94fr »

Offline Grwebster

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2014, 10:16:23 pm »
I found the logic got messed up during the upgrade. Some things got reversed.  Had to edit a few things to get things under control again.

Offline bbredewold

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2014, 10:56:10 am »
I miss an advanced mode...
No way to simply toggle a switch...

Offline Albeebe

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2014, 02:20:19 pm »
Two unsolved issues at the moment...

• How do you easily specify what room a device is in? I can manually enter the room number under advanced settings but thats annoying
  • How do you create multiple copies of a specific plugin?

Offline pbrisebois

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2014, 02:10:50 am »
Worst firmware update ever. A lot of my settings were reversed, and I keep getting notifications everytime a D/W sensor is tripped which indicates a low battery warning. I can't find out how to delete the notification, thus I have turned off my controller as it is really annoying getting notifications everytime a door opens. I don't like the User Interface at all, seems like they went backwards by using the same type of UI as before in their earlier versions. The advanced UI was so much simpler to use and graphically appealing.

I am so frustrated that I tried the update and I am kicking myself that I did not stay with UI6. I am going to try to downgrade to UI5 or UI6 and probably start back from scratch as I do not trust what was backed up.

My suggestion to anyone thinking of upgrading would be to NOT DO IT AT ALL. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Offline tomtcom

• Beta Testers
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2014, 05:56:56 pm »
Worst firmware update ever. A lot of my settings were reversed, and I keep getting notifications everytime a D/W sensor is tripped which indicates a low battery warning. I can't find out how to delete the notification, thus I have turned off my controller as it is really annoying getting notifications everytime a door opens. I don't like the User Interface at all, seems like they went backwards by using the same type of UI as before in their earlier versions. The advanced UI was so much simpler to use and graphically appealing.

I am so frustrated that I tried the update and I am kicking myself that I did not stay with UI6. I am going to try to downgrade to UI5 or UI6 and probably start back from scratch as I do not trust what was backed up.

My suggestion to anyone thinking of upgrading would be to NOT DO IT AT ALL. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Sorry to hear. I've been looking for a comment like this as the upgrade button was available to me. Thanks!

Offline futzle

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2014, 10:27:37 pm »
Worst firmware update ever.

Whoa, steady on, that's a big claim.  Unless you were around for the disaster that was UI3, I'm not sure you can truly say "worst ever".

But seriously... My UI6-to-UI7 upgrade (1.7.318) wiped every single one of my devices.  Even the Z-Wave devices, because I use a USB Z-Wave dongle for my country's Z-Wave frequency and the update changed /dev/ttyUSB0 back to /dev/ttyS0.  Even restoring the backup I'd made while I was on UI6 did not restore the devices.  I know the backup was good because after restoring I had all my plugin files in /etc/cmh-ludl, just no actual devices.

Changing the Z-Wave port back to /dev/ttyUSB0 brought back my Z-Wave devices, but I had to re-create rooms and names for them all.  It's fun* walking through the house with your laptop trying to see which switch goes on when you turn on one of eight "_Smart Switch" devices in the web UI.

And I had to remake all of my Luup plugin devices and then reconfigure them all.  That took a couple of days for my small setup.  Counting the time I spent fixing the code in my and others' plugins, because UI7 plugin compatibility is still hit-or-miss.

I for one am persevering with UI7, for what it's worth, because there's no future in UI5 or UI6.  But I'll reiterate what @pbrisebois said: hold off moving from UI5 until you have a tangible need for a feature that is only present in UI7, or until your plugins stop working on UI5.

*not fun

Offline henning737

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2014, 10:47:41 pm »
Upgraded to ui7 from ui5.... Thought it was time to redo everything, so I went ahead and started over from scratch - erased and reset all devices... I have 2 ct100 thermostats - ghost devices still show up, but both work good. ct30 thermostat works well (battery mode since the zwave adapter has that power bug), multiple dimable and on/off switches (different vendors) an aeotec 4 in 1 sensor, CA9000 and ecolink motion sensor, one kwikset and 2 schlage locks. I did away with the x10 stuff through the mochad plugin since that doesn't seem to work right.
All the zwave stuff I have works fine, except for some nuisance messages of the 4 in 1 and the ca9000 reporting disconnects repeatedly, but they do function correctly.
The only apps I got to work were the vera app for ui7 and the HomeWave app....
Systems runs stable for the last 2 weeks now....