We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: UI7 to UI5 downgrade  (Read 15796 times)

Offline shward1

UI7 to UI5 downgrade
« on: August 12, 2014, 09:53:13 pm »
Reading through the posts it appears people have been able to successfully downgrade from UI7 to UI5.  I attempted to use the instructions posted in the a UI6 topic with no success.

I would really appreciate it if someone could please details the UI7 to UI5 process.

P.S.  I really, really, really tried to like UI7, but I just couldn't get there.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 09:55:13 pm by shward1 »

Offline shward1

Re: UI7 to UI5 downgrade
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 10:17:14 pm »
I attempted the downgrade again and it worked.

Offline bbredewold

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 11:02:01 am »
Could you leave a few notes on how you did it?

Offline shward1

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 02:54:15 pm »
From a post in the UI6 topic -

I gave it a try and I am back in UI5 and all devices, plugins, etc all works...

Here is the steps I just did and worked for me.

1) Setup | Firmware
2) URL Verea  -  http://download.mios.com/rt3662_betafirmware/rt3662_Luup_ui5-1.5.622-en-mios.squashfs
3) Save Backup
4) Keep Current Settings and configs
5) Start Upgrade
6) Wait 15 min, clock will not move but your device will reboot
7) Setup | Backup
8) Restore from backup

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline Homer

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 03:46:26 am »
Thanks for posting. It's helped me too  :)

Offline Homer

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 04:18:57 am »
oops posted too early.... didn't work for me. Vera said it couldn't download stuff, and it crashed :-(

Offline helraiser

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 11:44:04 am »
Don't keep the current settings. You have to revert back to factory defaults. In my case, I additionally had to get Vera to remove the auto upgrade flag from my Vera as I ended up back at UI7 after each downgrade.

Good luck!

Offline packhawk

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 12:22:54 pm »
Works!!! 

Thank the lord.  UI7 is 1 step below a polished turd IMHO.  Restoring from a backup that i created minutes before going into the nightmare known as UI7.

Offline jcd

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2014, 01:46:53 pm »
Howdy all.    Is the path the same if my Veralite has never been to UI5 before.  I recently purchased when the release candidate came out and UI7 is a big disappointment.    So, to recover my investment, UI5 seems to be the place to go and wait out to see what Verde is going to do or look for a better product.

Can I just move to UI5 as a clean slate and reconfigure my devices or is there more to it ??  .. like a different login account (thought I saw in some messages where there is a different login server.) 

Thanks..
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 07:30:12 pm by jcd »

Offline aaronrryan

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2014, 10:16:48 am »
I'm in the same boat, I bought a new Vera lite which came with UI7 and have only used UI7, but have had many issues with the UI not working as expected.  Most of my issues came when I added Apps, like "DSC Alarm Panel", and "Nest", which was the reason I decided to get a Vera Lite, so I can integrate with other stuff in my home. 

I'm willing to stay on UI7 if it is actively being improved and the whole app community is moving in that direction.  It's just that about 95% of documentation out there is for UI5, and most of the solutions for fixing issues are documented for UI5, and there is a void for UI7.

How often is UI7 updates coming out? Is it worth holding my breath, or should I just fall back to UI5 and wait for UI7 to mature more?

-Aaron

Offline clambert

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2014, 02:28:25 pm »
I'm new to Vera and can say that UI5 is the best UI to build in. They dumbed up the interface so badly that they made it more difficult to actually work in. My system is small, so I just started fresh. Just make sure you contact support and tell them you don't want the firmware to automatically update.

Offline riff

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2014, 01:23:51 am »
I'm having issues downgrading. I tried the steps above but I get an error each time:

Update failed! Unable to download your config files from the server. Please manually restore your Backup or Reboot your router.

I've tried both restoring to a default factory state and keeping the current settings. Neither one works. Help please!!

Offline vederhaven

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2014, 10:36:56 am »
I'm having issues downgrading. I tried the steps above but I get an error each time:

Update failed! Unable to download your config files from the server. Please manually restore your Backup or Reboot your router.

I've tried both restoring to a default factory state and keeping the current settings. Neither one works. Help please!!

I have exactly the same issues. I was trying to downgrade the whole weekend, but failed. Can somebody help us, ui7 looks nice, but it's still a beta and a lot of thing are not working in ui7

Offline kstefanec

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2014, 08:22:27 pm »
Boy, I'm not real sure what to do!  I bought my Veralite and the first thing customer service had me do was update the firmware.  I'm planning on getting a security system hooked up but now I'm not sure if its gonna work.  My lights, lock, and thermostat are all working but being new to the system, I find many things don't work and I don't know if its me or the UI.  Do I stick with UI7 or downgrade? >:(

Offline clambert

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2014, 06:30:53 am »
Boy, I'm not real sure what to do!  I bought my Veralite and the first thing customer service had me do was update the firmware.  I'm planning on getting a security system hooked up but now I'm not sure if its gonna work.  My lights, lock, and thermostat are all working but being new to the system, I find many things don't work and I don't know if its me or the UI.  Do I stick with UI7 or downgrade? >:(

I know UI7 has been updated since I last used it. I started on UI6 and accidentally updated to UI7. I always preferred the advanced screens in UI6, which I found out was actually UI5. I rolled back and have been happy as a pig in mud. You need to notify support to turn off the auto-update of your firmware before you do anything. It looks like some people have had problems but it went well for me. Just note that it's probably best to just start over if you roll back. Also the process takes like 15 minutes, so have some patience (I sometimes lack patience). Good luck with whatever you do. I say install UI5.