We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Upgrading from UI6 to UI7, check your migrated notifications/scenes  (Read 1738 times)

Offline Frank Houston

I ran into a problem today that my Siren was getting triggered non-stop, could not figure out why but ended up having to remove the batteries off it.

When I was running UI6, I had an notification that notified me if the batteries for the device where below 20%.

After doing the UI7 upgrade, the notification was now a device scene and was changed and now showed "Whenever Motion detects motion whether is armed or disarmed" Still kept the original name that I had assigned for notification.

Both my motion sensors where changed to that.

I think that the problem is solved, I am using the Siren from Lowes and I can tell you, ITS LOUD!!!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 10:00:21 pm by frankhou77 »

Offline Frank Houston

Re: Upgrading from UI6 to UI7, check your migrated notifications/scenes
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 09:21:00 am »
I am deleting all the scenes and recreating them.

Offline Grwebster

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 10:47:58 pm »
No real need to delete them just edit the triggers.  With my system, instead of an armed sensor is tripped, it became a unarmed sensor is tripped.  Switch it back to the right logic and all is resolved.

Offline Outcomer

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 01:42:42 pm »
Don't really understand Grwebster how you have anything that says "an unarmed sensor is tripped".  When I am looking through all of my motion and door/window sensors, that option is gone.  It's only "armed sensor is tripped", "armed sensor is not tripped", "armed or disarmed sensor is tripped" and "armed or disarmed sensor is not tripped".

It really has messed up the functionality of what I had going! 

Offline Frank Houston

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 03:45:20 pm »
No real need to delete them just edit the triggers.  With my system, instead of an armed sensor is tripped, it became a unarmed sensor is tripped.  Switch it back to the right logic and all is resolved.

I had issues with my existing alerts, trying to edit them was more of a hassle because of other issues, removing them and recreating them was the only way I could solve the issue.

Offline Grwebster

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 07:54:42 pm »
The upgrade logic definitely needs improvement.  Does not appear to be very well tested in that area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Outcomer

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 07:16:22 pm »
Regardless of the upgrade logic, there are still options missing period.  I tried recreating them and the schlage motion sensors and door sensors STILL only give the options for ARMED - TRIPPED, ARMED - NOT TRIPPED, ARMED OR DISARMED - TRIPPED, or ARMED OR DISARMED - NOT TRIPPED.  They have left out the DISARMED - TRIPPED and DISARMED - NOT TRIPPED.