We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: UI7 - Problems with scenes after upgrade from UI6  (Read 4025 times)

Offline Frank Houston

UI7 - Problems with scenes after upgrade from UI6
« on: August 13, 2014, 09:32:15 am »
After upgrading from UI6 to UI7, I am having an issue with scenes not showing up correctly.

On UI6, many of the scenes I had was in the form of Notifications from the device, looks like those are now scenes.

My issue is that within the Web Interface, the Scenes are not displayed, and for those I am able to find I can not remove.

When I select Scenes on UI7, in the section that shows "User Created Scenes", it shows blank.

I received an update for the Vera client for Android and its become maybe 10% more stable than before, but enough that I can select the scenes and view the "User Created Scenes" on that client.

I am testing right now to see if I delete all the User Created Scenes through the Android client and start over, but the application crashes often so it will take some time.

Will update when I get this all done to see if it worked.

Offline Frank Houston

Re: UI7 - Problems with scenes after upgrade from UI6
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 09:59:45 am »
It looks like this works, and I think the issue might be that now there is a 32 character limit on the name of the scene.

When I migrated over, the Notifications showed up as the Scene names, but I did notice that Scene names have a 32 character limit, my old notifications where longer than that.

I was able to remove all the old Notifications through the Android app, recreating them now, at least they now show up on the web ui.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 11:11:20 am »
Notifications are technically scenes. In the past they were hidden from the user. Not sure if this changed in UI7.

- Garrett

Offline Grwebster

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 10:44:48 pm »
Yep, I set up my notifications in the devices.  In was nice because it cut down on the number of scenes I had to have.  While this still seems to work after upgrade, you can not edit them, or create new ones in a new device.  Not sure if removing this functionality was intentional or just an oversight.

Offline mistatecj

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 12:28:26 pm »
I upgraded 3 days ago and have been re-adding all my settings and manually changing my Fortrezz sensors back to water/temp sensors instead of motion sensors, like UI7 keeps changing them to, but no sense in beating a dead horse, I hate it.  I am doing my best and am trying to stick with it before downgrading.  So if I am reading this thread correctly, UI7 now has to list out all the notifications as a scene, instead of on the actual device itself?  If that is the case, that will really add to the length of the scene page.  I really liked that I could go into the actual device and "quickly" set up notifications for low batt, temp +/- or bad PIN code for items that I only wanted to be notified for, not run a scene.

Offline shrik

Re: UI7 - Problems with scenes after upgrade from UI5
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 05:20:12 am »
I have upgrade UI5 to UI7 but we unable to create scene automation

Before I have UI5 account then I upgrade to UI7 

Create scene worked perfect with ui5. I am using same data format to request for a UI7 unit.

I am sending the json string as a POST parameter because the string is very long.

Every thing is worked fine with UI5. But dont know what is the issue with UI7.

Following are the details for your reference

URL :

https://vera-us-oem-relay41.mios.com/relay/relay/relay/device/35011801/session/0DD42F5FCF72EA43B0BE822C45A3A28E3B2608/port_3480/data_request?id=scene&action=create

POST data

{"scene_name":"if master bed is off then 2 thrmostat is heat on","name":"if master bed is off then 2 thrmostat is heat on","groups":[{"delay":0,"actions":[{"device":"11","service":"urn:upnp-org:serviceId:HVAC_UserOperatingMode1","action":"SetModeTarget","arguments":[{"name":"NewModeTarget","value":"HeatOn"}]}]}],"triggers":[{"name":"testing tiggers","enabled":1,"device":"9","template":"1","arguments":[{"id":1,"value":"Off"}]}],"timers":[],"lua":""}

we post data using curl with MMSSession token

$ch = curl_init ($url);               
      curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, false);
      curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);
      curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, array("MMSSession:$sessionToken"));
      curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
      curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_BINARYTRANSFER,1);
      curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 60); //timeout in seconds
      if($aPostData != null)
      {
         $fields_string = '';
         foreach($aPostData as $key=>$value) { $fields_string .= $key.'='.$value.'&'; }
         $fields_string = rtrim($fields_string, '&');
         curl_setopt($ch,CURLOPT_POST, count($aPostData));
         curl_setopt($ch,CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $fields_string);
         //print_r(count($aPostData));
         //print_r($aPostData);

}

$result = curl_exec($ch);

if i am print this  $result varible then it's show 'ERROR'     

Please advice

Thanks

Offline ddluk

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2014, 06:19:55 pm »
I just checked how Vera Android application is handling scene creation and as I see you need to use GET to create it:

Offline shrik

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 02:06:08 am »
I have used that but did not worked .you have any other solution