Author Topic: WaterCop valve with inverted status ON=closed OFF=open  (Read 443 times)

Offline mcarvidon

WaterCop valve with inverted status ON=closed OFF=open
« on: April 21, 2018, 11:49:28 pm »
Hi everybody !

I bought a WaterCop speric valve to be controlled via ZWave with my Vera Controller.

I add it as a general device, the controller detected it and add it ok. I actually can open and close the vale, but I have 2 problems:
1. the status is inverted, so when the valve it is closed the switch in my vera panel is ON, and when the valve is open the switch in my vera panel is OFF
2. when operating the valve via my vera controller, it operates it ok, but reports: "Sorry, the node reports it's busy. Please try again" The message never desapear.

I read in the f?rum and tried to change the configuration as relay, and it happeneds the same.

Can you Help me?

Thanks in advance !

Marcelo.

Offline mikoz

Re: WaterCop valve with inverted status ON=closed OFF=open
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 02:51:25 pm »
Hi,

Wow, I just posted the exact same thing.  I have the same issues as you. 

However, the off/on thing doesn't bother me as I am using the "old" amazon echo Java utility on my synology NAS, which allows me to invert the off and on easily.  So, when someone says "Alexa, turn on Misters" (I am using it to control my misting system) it actually sends the command to turn if off which opens the valve. 

I love the old java app, I am even using it to control some other things around the house that accept HTTP commands and aren't interfaced with Vera.