General > Irrigation Control

Hydrawise 12 Zone Wifi Irrigation Controller

<< < (2/4) > >>

dzmiller:
Looks like the hydrawise API talks to their cloud service. The opensprinkler api talks to the controller.

The hydawise api is probably designed to be used with their free "home" service subscription. They don't seem to have enabled a way to control to the hydrawise controller directly from Vera.

tdinardo:
Agreed, that's what it appears to be. I've asked if there is any way to directly access the controller. I'll post back when I get a response.

I don't necessarily have a problem with the API going through their cloud service, or with the $5 charge for the enhanced service since (as you pointed out) they're having to pay WU for access (and I don't mind funding stuff like this a bit since it ensures that they would continue enhancing the services), though I would prefer having the ability access to the controller directly in the event of service outage on their side and internet outage on my side.

camryan:
Hi all,

It's Cameron from Hydrawise here. I've attached a copy of the API for you.

If anyone wants any help understanding it please let me know.

Our preference is for you to talk to our API via the cloud. This allows us to easily update it without requiring controller software updates.

cheers,
Cameron

skr25:
I am able to integrate these API in scenes for Running each zone, stoping current zone, getting last water information for all zones and getting schedules as per API document.
The output is json formatted string and I have parsed using akb-json parser  and http.request library to get all attributes you are looking for.

guessed:

--- Quote from: camryan on August 21, 2014, 01:49:27 am ---Our preference is for you to talk to our API via the cloud. This allows us to easily update it without requiring controller software updates.

--- End quote ---

Hey Cameron,
Welcome to the board, and thanks for publicly posting the API. 

You've indicated a preference for folks use your cloud API, but do you have any plans (with timeframe) to expose a local/non-cloud API?

There are a number of folks here (myself included) that prefer local-control, over-or-augmented by cloud-control.  Typically because of one or more of security, privacy, availability, uptime or long-term support.

Having a local API would help draw in that part of the audience (currently serviced by openSprinkler), and potentially provide a competitive edge against the newcomers (Iro, Lono, and eventually Edyn).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version