We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: UI7 and GE Caddx Plugin  (Read 32042 times)

Offline Kalapa

Re: UI7 and GE Caddx Plugin
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2014, 07:27:27 pm »
Hi Futzle, I just updated from UI5 to UI7 and it broke the Connect, configure, zones and user tabs. My plugin version is 74 and Auto update is enabled. Is there any new version to fix this issue?

Thanks for great Plug-in.

Offline futzle

• Master Member
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2014, 04:47:46 am »
I just updated from UI5 to UI7 and it broke the Connect, configure, zones and user tabs. My plugin version is 74 and Auto update is enabled. Is there any new version to fix this issue?

There's a version 80 that fixes the Configure, Zones and Users tab.  See some earlier posts in this thread for the saga of the Connect tab; it may never work on UI7 so you may have to work around it depending on whether you are using a direct USB or Ethernet connection to your panel.  (Which are you on?)

To update the plugin try this:
Code: [Select]
http://YourVeraIPAddress:3480/data_request?id=update_plugin&Plugin=1018I've disabled auto-update for this plugin because I don't want to break users' security setups if I submit a bad update.  You have to update the plugin yourself.

Offline Kalapa

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2014, 12:16:19 pm »
Thanks Futzle for quick reply. I am using USB.  I tried updating plugin using the link and it updated to 78 not 80.  After updating to 78 users tab is working but "connect " and "Zones" are still not working.

Can you please let me know what am doing wrong in updating and manual process  of updating script files.. Thanks for your help.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 01:58:06 pm by Kalapa »

Offline futzle

• Master Member
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2014, 06:31:39 pm »
I tried updating plugin using the link and it updated to 78 not 80.
My apologies; I didn't submit version 80 for approval to the app store.  Now I have.  Give it enough time for MCV to approve it during their office hours and try updating again.

The plugin's "Connect" tab does not (and may never) work.  You have to assign serial ports through Apps > Develop Apps > Serial Port Configuration.  Note that UI7 1.7.318 does not let you assign serial ports to devices, so you may find that you need to be on 1.7.374.

Offline Kalapa

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2014, 09:59:02 pm »
Thanks Futzle.  I'll wait for Plugin version 80.

I am using Vera FW 1.7.374.  Regarding serial port assign, can you please let me know the steps to add in configuration. My configuration ("Apps > Develop Apps > Serial Port Configuration)  screen attached to the previous post ".  Not sure what needs to be added here.

Offline futzle

• Master Member
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2014, 06:54:02 am »

My configuration ("Apps > Develop Apps > Serial Port Configuration)  screen attached to the previous post ".  Not sure what needs to be added here.

That looks about right. My alarm panel is connects over an Ethernet bridge so I don't use the Vera Serial Port Configuration page, but as long as you've set the speed, stop bits, data bits and parity you should be good.

Offline Kalapa

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2014, 10:07:37 pm »
futzle, Any update on Version 80? Looks like it's still not approved by MCV...

Offline futzle

• Master Member
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2014, 06:20:16 am »

futzle, Any update on Version 80? Looks like it's still not approved by MCV...

I know as much as you do, sorry. I suspect that approval is totally manual on their end. They don't inform me of where a version is in the approval pipeline.

Offline Kalapa

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2014, 11:00:05 pm »
Futzle, Updated to Version 80 and it's working fine.  Thanks again for great plugin and support.

Offline YzRacer

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2014, 10:37:57 am »
I want to thank Futzle and everyone else that contributed to this plugin, it's really nice! I have just switched over to a Vera 3 from Nexia as I moved into a new home with a Caddx system. I added the NX-584 and it's communicating! I haven't been able to get zone scanning to work but I can manually add them, although in UI7 it's a bit of a pain because it seems I need to do a lot of waiting and refreshing.

I would like some assistance to narrow down the reason that I am unable to arm/disarm from the Vera UI7 Android app. I can control the unit from the web login, and I see the device on the mobile app, but there is no button to arm or disarm. I assume this is just an issue with the Vera UI7 Android app but if anyone has input please advise.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2014, 03:28:59 pm »
The app developer would need to add support for the plug-in. In this case MicasaVerde the owner of the Vera app would need to add support. Not every plug-in or device is supported by every app.

- Garrett

Offline YzRacer

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2014, 09:26:26 am »
Thanks for the info Garrett! I switched to AuthomationHD and it works fine there, and after I did some digging I saw some known issues listed in the change log for Vera. Now that I have all of my zones added in I am able to get alerts based on any of the sensors and I can arm/disarm the system.

Offline napolitano172

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2014, 10:24:43 am »
So everything seemed great after moving to UI7 but it appears I made the mistake of updating the GE Caddx Plugin to the latest version and upon doing so I've noticed that two of my scenes (an arm scene and a disarm scene) have been deleted.  When I try and add them back in I'm having all kinds of issues.  I hit add scene and then step 1 select manual, then select next for step 2 and select the house alarm as the device then when I hit next it says "No action could be set for selected devices. Please, choose other devices."
In the old UI I was able to go into the advanced tab and add the device and action but I can't seem to figure out how to do that in UI7.  When I go to advanced it is very limited.

On a side note, if I select the alarm device in step one as a trigger I have all kinds of options, what I would think I would see under the device options in Step 2 as well.

Anyone else having this issue?  Maybe I need to delete and re-install completely....

Offline napolitano172

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2014, 11:08:14 am »
Interestingly enough I've solved the problem.  When I created the scene I went ahead and added a second device in step two.  This enabled the options to add actions under advanced and I was able to re-create the two alarm mode scenes I lost.  I was then able to go in and delete the second device and the scene still worked.  I realize this is a work around, not not sure why I was not able to make it work on the alarm device itself, but it is now working so if anyone else runs into this try adding a second device in step and then you should be able to play with the alarm device as well.

Offline futzle

• Master Member
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2014, 04:44:59 pm »
The Advanced scene editor in 1.7.388 has some interesting quirks. That's one of them. I discovered the same workaround while wanting to add an action to a scene for my Sonos.