Author Topic: UI7 and GE Caddx Plugin  (Read 29625 times)

Offline dinochronos

Re: UI7 and GE Caddx Plugin
« Reply #90 on: February 15, 2016, 01:01:02 pm »
Futzle,

I have a couple of situations with my current VERA3 and also some comments on the new unit VERAEdge Plus which I will be planning to migrate to over the next couple of weeks if all works properly.

1. With the Vera3 unit UI5 i have a successful working system with my GE NX8e board and the RS232-USB interface to VERA3 using version 78 this has been working well all this time perfectly

However today when  I tried to upgrade to the latest version 81, the VERA3 UI5 one app is loaded and connected to the system properly,  on the GE App window where I can confiture it gives me a lua failure message. I had to restore the UI5 backup to get back on v78 to stay with a workable version.

Please let me know if there is something that I need to do different for this.

2. Separately I am upgrading to the new VERAEdge Plus and UI7 and version 81 is working ok i.e. arming/disarming etc, but I am not sure when I scanned for zones only Zone 1 was read correctly the others gave me an errorI will need to try this again and do a hardware reset to see if it solves, otherwise will confirm back to you if something is not working.  Again my properly working baseline is my Vera3 UI5 v78.

I am planning over the next couple of weeks to migrate everything to the New Vera Edge Plus on UI7 and will continue to test the GE App for any anomalies. (The Vera Edge Plus server at Vera is officially out on 2/18 but using the Current Vera Edge software temporarily for another week)

Offline futzle

• Master Member
« Reply #91 on: February 15, 2016, 05:03:32 pm »

I tried to upgrade to the latest version 81, the VERA3 UI5

This doesn't surprise me greatly. I haven't had a UI5 Vera for a couple of years. My advice is don't upgrade. No new features are being added so unless you have a specific bug that a later version fixes, stay where you are.

2. Separately I am upgrading to the new VERAEdge Plus and UI7 and version 81 is working ok i.e. arming/disarming etc, but I am not sure when I scanned for zones only Zone 1 was read correctly the others gave me an error

Please report back on this. I can't test zone scanning because it requires an LCD keypad which I don't have.

Offline dinochronos

« Reply #92 on: February 15, 2016, 09:07:21 pm »
I should have a response by the weekend once Vera set's their servers up for this new model of Vera Edge Plus,  then be able to run it and see how it tests out.

Basically Vera Edge Plus added additional RF capabilities like Zigbee and Bluetooth features.

Meanwhile if I had to go get a download of this previous version 78, where is the best way to download, used to be able to get prior versions from the MIOS store, but now that option is not available only showing to uninstall without a versioning drop down.

Thanks

Offline futzle

• Master Member
UI7 and GE Caddx Plugin
« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2016, 04:36:33 am »
I'm not updating apps.mios.com any more because it is too tedious for developers to use. The versions that you might find there are potentially out of date. The only place that you should be downloading my plugins from now is GitHub. For this plugin the files are at https://github.com/futzle/MiOS-CaddxNX584

Edit: the version corresponding to apps.mios.com version 78 is at https://github.com/futzle/MiOS-CaddxNX584/tree/136cbe14a71fea52dca88a64b28222d7cd23e58a
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 04:39:42 am by futzle »

Offline dinochronos

« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2016, 03:54:53 pm »
Futzle, sorry for one more clarifying question i linked to github but did not see a reference to get to V78 of your software as a download i am assuming its code for the latest version. could you point me there so i can save the necessary files to restore in the case my Vera3 UI5 crashes and I need to reload those version specific files.

Also if possible please provide as well the files I need to upload into vera manually for V78.

Thanks so much for you support to this great app!

As mentioned I am going to provide you full feedback on the latest version on the new Vera Plus using UI7.

Offline futzle

• Master Member
« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2016, 04:13:30 pm »

Also if possible please provide as well the files I need to upload into vera manually for V78.

That's the second link in my previous post. GitHub doesn't number its versions like apps.mios.com, but I know from inspection that revision 136cbe14a7 is the one you want. There's a "download ZIP" button on that page which fetches that version of the files.

Offline dinochronos

« Reply #96 on: February 17, 2016, 01:49:04 am »
Thank you for the link to V78 dowloaded for files with success.

Offline acucons

« Reply #97 on: June 30, 2016, 11:09:46 pm »
Hi,
I am really at a loss.  I have had a Vera 2 running UI5 for 3 years working great with the serial to USP dongle and Futzle code.
Now i have upgraded to a Vera Edge with UI7 and went thru the conversion process but no success, shows that the NX584 is not available.  I have read thru the forums and tried the 1018 update and then i tried downloading the files from the Github and loading them in but still doesnt work.

I moved back to the Vera2 and tried to upgrade from 69 to 81 and now that is broken.  Any ideas?

Specifics:

Serial is pl2302
UI5 1.5.622
works with 69 but not 81

UI7 is 1.7.1786

Any ides?

Thanks,
jack

Thanks so much.
jack

Offline elordude

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2017, 05:29:52 am »
integlikewhoa did you find a solution for the LastTrip updating for multiple sensors, i see the same issue now, it was working fine for long time.

Anyone running the new 7.0.12 beta and have last tripped false times? I'm using imperihome and before beta ui7 it was reading right. I seem to have weird issues now where all sensors have similar tripped times of a few min ago even though they haven't been triggered.

Using the device advanced tab in vera and the unix time that also seems to not match my imperihome app nor the last time the device was actually tripped.

Anyone else see the same?

Offline dmevis

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #99 on: July 13, 2018, 03:12:15 pm »
My VeraLite running UI6 seems to be severly corrupted and I have no clean backup.  I have a bunch of phantom devices that cannot be deleted, and some occasional unexpected restarts, but for the most part, the system is working O.K.  I am considering purchasing a Vera Plus and installing UI7.

I consider the Caddx Plugin the most important part of my Vera system and am hesitant to upgrade to UI7 as the Caddx Plugin support is pretty quiet.  Given the corruption of my current system, I would do a clean install rather than an upgrade. 

Are there Caddx Plugin users on UI7, and is it working O.K.?

I understand from other posts, here, that the current Caddx Plugin files are on GitHub.  I looked at them, but really don't know what to do with them.  Do I just download all of them (6+ files)?  Then how do I load them into UI7?  Does the order of loading them matter?

I would really appreciate any advise, suggestions, or support.

Offline YzRacer

« Reply #100 on: July 13, 2018, 04:02:07 pm »
I'm on VeraPlus with UI7 and my Caddx plugin works fine. On my apps page it looks like I'm on v81. I'm connected through the NX-584 and a USB-Serial adapter and I have had some random connection loss there that's usually solved with a reboot. Unfortunately I have not automated a way to detect and correct that issue so I just keep an eye on it.

As far as I know you should be able to install from the app install page, but if you download the files from Github I suspect you can just upload them on the luup files page.

Offline rstrouse

« Reply #101 on: July 13, 2018, 04:38:32 pm »
I am on UI7 using the CADDX, NX-584, and an IP Serial connection through WizNet.  Can't remember a disconnect ever.  It just works.
1xVera3 1.7.619, 4xLinear WT00Z, 3xLinear WS15Z, 1xLeviton VRCZ4, 10xCooper RF9540, 1xLeviton VRFI10, 1xLeviton VP00R, 2xLinear GD00Z-4, 1xGE/Jasco 45612, 1xGE/Jasco 45610,  4xGE/Jasco 45605, 2xYale YRD220-ZW-619, 1xCaddx NX584, Autelis Intellitouch Pool Control, OpenSprinkler

Offline GaryOkie

« Reply #102 on: July 13, 2018, 04:59:08 pm »
I've recently migrated from a VeraLite/UI5 system to VeraPlus/UI7 and have Futzle's CADDX plugin working perfectly  - no drama at all.     

I had to make a configuration change on the alarm panel regarding zone bypass and remembering that now the plugin doesn't directly control the alarm panel state like it did on UI5.      This is discussed here: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,26553.msg266853.html#msg266853

If you need to make any serial port configurations they can't be changed via the CADDX "connect" menu in UI7 - but it will show the current settings.   You need to go into the "develop apps" section and find the "serial port configurations" section there.

Offline GaryOkie

« Reply #103 on: July 13, 2018, 05:10:08 pm »
I understand from other posts, here, that the current Caddx Plugin files are on GitHub.  I looked at them, but really don't know what to do with them.  Do I just download all of them (6+ files)?  Then how do I load them into UI7?  Does the order of loading them matter?

At one time I'm sure Futzle's Github files were more recent but you can see that they haven't been changed in 3+ years.   I installed directly from the Vera app store and also downloaded the files from Github to compare, and did not see any differences.    So while downloading from Github and uploading them via APPS/DEVELOP Apps/LUUP files /UPLOAD menu is a very easy drag and drop process, you don't need to in this instance.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 05:13:18 pm by GaryOkie »