We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: UI6/UI7 compatibility  (Read 11199 times)

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
UI6/UI7 compatibility
« on: August 22, 2014, 05:49:50 am »
I just committed a new change that should certainly help with UI6/UI7.
You can find it in my "working in progress" version of the plugin: http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_sonos-wireless-music-systems/browser/trunk#

I have done no tests neither with UI6 nor with UI7, but I can at least confirm that the plugin continues working well with UI5.

Let me know if these changes solve issues with plugin UI when using UI6 or UI7.

Offline HaPe

Re: UI6/UI7 compatibility
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 01:19:10 pm »
Most standard operations seems to work. Noticed one thing with TTS, spaces will be "converted" to a plus-sign. so if I type "one two" and press say (with google as engine) it will say "one plus two" if I just type 3 spaces it says "plus plus plus".
And also when you are at the device mainpage, the buttons on a Sonos-device doesn't work (same for the DLNA-plugin), but thats only for IE11. Works ok in Chrome.

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 03:43:09 pm »
Most standard operations seems to work. Noticed one thing with TTS, spaces will be "converted" to a plus-sign. so if I type "one two" and press say (with google as engine) it will say "one plus two" if I just type 3 spaces it says "plus plus plus".

Interesting, I have not this behaviour on UI5. Very strange. I will provide a new JS file later to display a debug field.

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 03:46:02 pm »
And also when you are at the device mainpage, the buttons on a Sonos-device doesn't work (same for the DLNA-plugin), but thats only for IE11. Works ok in Chrome.

Interesting.
Are they working when you invoke them through the "Control" tab ?

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 03:55:55 pm »

Interesting, I have not this behaviour on UI5. Very strange. I will provide a new JS file later to display a debug field.

Is it dependent on WEB browser ?
I tested (UI5) with IE9 on Win 7 + Firefox on Win 7 + Chrome on Android.

Please try with the attached JS file (first uncompress it). You will have an additional debug field at the bottom of the window. Please tell me what it displays.

Offline HaPe

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 04:39:44 pm »
One test gives "_one two _ en GOOGLE 51 ALL false"

And Another "_test sonos_ sv GOOGLE 60 false" but both says "plus". Same in both IE11 and Chrome.

Got the buttons to work a couple of times even in IE now. If you give it some time (or a reload) it seems to work with at least Stop/Play. Mute may be the bad guy.

Can give you access through Teamviewer for a quick look if you like.

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 04:42:06 pm »
Except these two points, everything else is ok ?

I summarize the bug you identified:
1 - the space in the TTS input field are converted into +
2 - the controls (buttons) on the main page device are not working

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 04:46:22 pm »
One test gives "_one two _ en GOOGLE 51 ALL false"

And Another "_test sonos_ sv GOOGLE 60 false" but both says "plus". Same in both IE11 and Chrome.

Ok, so the problem is not directly in the JavaScript but in the way the text field is transmitted to the lua part of the code. I should probably escape few characters... Something that has apparently changed between UI5 and UI7...

Edit: or something that has changed in the handling of Ajax.Request ?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 04:50:26 pm by lolodomo »

Offline HaPe

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 04:56:43 pm »
Have had som unexpected reloads, when I tried the UPnP Discover both in DLNA and Sonos-plugin, but that also seems to work better in Chrome now.
Attached a screenshot with the same page in IE11 and Chrome. The dropdownlist is empty in IE but contains the right systems in Chrome.

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2014, 05:01:48 pm »
Have had som unexpected reloads, when I tried the UPnP Discover both in DLNA and Sonos-plugin, but that also seems to work better in Chrome now.
Attached a screenshot with the same page in IE11 and Chrome. The dropdownlist is empty in IE but contains the right systems in Chrome.

Looks like a specific issue with IE11...

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2014, 05:03:30 pm »
If the issue you noticed with TTS (plus in place of space) is what I think, you should have problems in the Player tab too to start the playback of a favorite radio or a Sonos playlist if its name contains a space. Can you confirm please ?
Does it work if no space (only one word with ASCII charavters) in the name ?

Offline HaPe

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2014, 05:38:47 pm »
Could start a playlist with spaces in the name but radio doesn't work.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 05:51:10 pm by HaPe »

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2014, 06:34:10 am »
Please try with this updated file in which I forced the TTS text to "One two three". This will help me to understand if the problem is in the lua part or before (in the transition from JavaScript to lua).

Offline cvanzandt

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2014, 08:20:21 pm »
I'm having 3 (related) issues with UI7 and sonos TTS.

1 - With UI5 I was able to go to the Sonos device from the dashboard, click TTS and add text. Then click Say and it would speak over my system. This does not work now with UI7. I follow the same procedure and nothing happens.

2 - I created scenes with UI5 that speak when motion sensors are triggered. With UI7, I can not figure out how to create a new scene and use the Say command from a sonos device.

3 - Existing scenes (created using UI5) will still speak as they did before, but I can find no way to edit the text already entered in the scene. I used the Advanced options on the scenes from UI5 but I don't see anything like that with UI7.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Offline HaPe

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2014, 04:18:39 pm »
Found one more thing. You can't assign a Sonos-devices to a room (if you don't go to the advanced settings and enter the number for the room).