We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: UI6/UI7 compatibility  (Read 11198 times)

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
Re: UI6/UI7 compatibility
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2014, 05:23:20 pm »
Found one more thing. You can't assign a Sonos-devices to a room (if you don't go to the advanced settings and enter the number for the room).

Yes this one will be fixed easily.

Offline cherne83

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2014, 11:39:10 am »
Hello,

I just purchased Vera lite a few weeks back and Im using UI7. I downloaded the UPnP app and the Sonos app. For some reason when I select the "Discover" button, my Sonos device is not being shown. I've also tried manually typing in the Sonos IP address and hitting the corresponding "Select" button. The buttons seem like they are not registering with the unit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Adam

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2014, 03:59:19 pm »
I have now committed several changes that should improove again UI6/UI7 compatibility and IE11 compatibility.

Please tell me what are the remaining problems now.

For the mute button state, I added a debug field in the UI showing what is the mute state value. It will be interesting to see what is this displayed value when the state is not updated.

For the TTS text with spaces replaced by +, I added a debug trace that shows the value received by the UPnP Say action.

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2014, 04:07:22 pm »
I'm having 3 (related) issues with UI7 and sonos TTS.

1 - With UI5 I was able to go to the Sonos device from the dashboard, click TTS and add text. Then click Say and it would speak over my system. This does not work now with UI7. I follow the same procedure and nothing happens.

If you are using IE11, try the last version.

2 - I created scenes with UI5 that speak when motion sensors are triggered. With UI7, I can not figure out how to create a new scene and use the Say command from a sonos device.

3 - Existing scenes (created using UI5) will still speak as they did before, but I can find no way to edit the text already entered in the scene. I used the Advanced options on the scenes from UI5 but I don't see anything like that with UI7.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, I heard that the "advanced" tab has strangely been suppressed in UI7. The only solution in this case would be to use lua code. But it is less user friendly in my point of view.

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2014, 07:40:09 am »
@futzle discovered a new UI7 bug that should lead to buttons "Prev", "Next", "Vol-" and "Vol+" in the main panel and in the Control page to not working at all (while they should work as expected in the Player page). Can someone confirm that ?

@futzle found a workaround. So if it is confirmed, I can provide quicly a patch.

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2014, 01:51:34 pm »
@futzle discovered a new UI7 bug that should lead to buttons "Prev", "Next", "Vol-" and "Vol+" in the main panel and in the Control page to not working at all (while they should work as expected in the Player page). Can someone confirm that ?

@futzle found a workaround. So if it is confirmed, I can provide quicly a patch.

The workaround to fix UI7 bug is now committed in trunk.

Offline futzle

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2014, 09:53:16 pm »
The workaround to fix UI7 bug is now committed in trunk.

Looks good.  Buttons seem to work from main dashboard now.

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2014, 11:56:23 am »
@futzle: could you please check whether the mute control is working, in particular in the Player tab ? The mute button should not be greyed after unmuting.

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2014, 06:46:45 pm »
Current status for UI7:

- main panel: OK except the icon and a problem when the text to be displayed is too much large; buttons probably don't work well in IE11 (I forget to check)

- Control: OK except in IE11 (only Micasaverde can fix that)

- Player: problem with favorite radio and audio inputs (zone names) containing a space

- TTS: KO (spaces in the input text field interpreted as +

- Group: not fully tested

- Settings: OK

- Help: OK

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2014, 03:58:54 am »
Current status for UI7:

- main panel: OK except the icon and a problem when the text to be displayed is too much large; buttons probably don't work well in IE11 (I forget to check)

@HaPe: can you provide your own description of what you see when the text is too long for a display on one line ? I will relay the issue to Micasaverde.
Is the text automatically cut on two lines with the second line hidden by the other buttons ? Or is it something else ? Sorry I did not take attention enough yesterday.

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2014, 04:06:55 am »
Current status for UI7:

- Player: problem with favorite radio and audio inputs (zone names) containing a space

@HaPe: for radio with a name containing a space, it is not working when using the favorite radio select list, but I think it could work if you use the URI field with this kind of value: FR:your radio
If it works, I have the solution... Please let me know.

Offline HaPe

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2014, 12:51:10 pm »
Current status for UI7:

@HaPe: can you provide your own description of what you see when the text is too long for a display on one line ? I will relay the issue to Micasaverde.
Is the text automatically cut on two lines with the second line hidden by the other buttons ? Or is it something else ? Sorry I did not take attention enough yesterday.
Looks like the screenshot. The complete title is: Enjoy the Silence - Remastered: (Depeche Mode, The Best Of Depeche Mode, Vol. 1 (Remastered))

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2014, 01:47:26 pm »
OK , that is clear.

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2014, 06:33:58 pm »
I just committed a new .js file that should fixed the TTS issue, the playback of a favorite radio and so on. Let me know if it is ok now.

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2014, 07:05:22 am »
New files updated. Included an attempt to manage Sonos icons (icon depending on your Sonos model). Please let me know what is the result.
Other changes are not specific to UI7, only few improvments in Group, TTS and Settings tabs.

Files to upload: D_Sonos1.json + I_Sonos1.xml + J_Sonos1.js + S_Sonos1.xml