We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: GCAL3 - General Discussion  (Read 201604 times)

Offline MSW

Re: GCAL3 - V 1.3 Released - Now with Overlapping Event Notification
« Reply #390 on: October 18, 2015, 02:23:15 pm »
We've never spoken about this before - I'm a different user than the person you were corresponding with above. In any event, I think I found the bug. Google calendar provides a link of calendar.google.com and your code is expecting www.google.com. When I manually changed the html to be www instead of calendar it worked.

As far as not including the widget in the device, I think there needs to be some way to test/check the calendar events in the device - if we need to spell the event name exactly as it is in the calendar, there isn't currently any way to check to see if it is correct or not.  With the calendar widget there, at least we can check with our eyes.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 02:56:56 pm by MSW »

Offline Stuart

Re: GCAL3 - V 1.4 Released
« Reply #391 on: October 31, 2015, 12:42:57 pm »
Hi - I was re-reading this post and trying to understand what the bug might be, to see if I need to change the code or the instructions.  Please don't take this the wrong way but think the instructions are correct (but they may not be clear).  Could you take a look at the PDF and the notes in the very first post and let me know if I need to change anything?

Offline clippermiami

« Reply #392 on: October 31, 2015, 12:46:08 pm »
Stuart

Is there a current Installation and User Guide? The one I found online is ver 0.9
Two Vera Plus UI7 Linked via HTTP, 90+ Devices. PlugIns: PLEG, DSC, Blue Iris, MySensors,  AutoVera, ImperiHome, VeraAlerts, EventWatcher

Offline Stuart

« Reply #393 on: November 01, 2015, 01:17:17 am »
Other than cosmetics associated with UI 7 the 0.9 documentation is still valid.  The notes on later releases that are in the first post will bring you up to date.

Offline veramoyo

« Reply #394 on: November 01, 2015, 01:35:17 am »
I have personally set mine up using the current instruction manual and everything works beautifully. I have something for the wish list though. I think a variable field for the truly "next event" would be nice. The current one is not strictly next as it could mean the currently tripped event. Otherwise I think it's a wonderful plugin.

Offline clippermiami

« Reply #395 on: November 01, 2015, 07:18:42 am »
Other than cosmetics associated with UI 7 the 0.9 documentation is still valid.  The notes on later releases that are in the first post will bring you up to date.

Thanks. I'm reading through it now.

I got the Travel Calendar portion to two work, it now triggers on two keywords "Travel" and "Cruise" and seems to work. My intent is to have Vera change the Vera Alerts notification setup for traveling to avoid a lot of routine messages at international SMS rates.

The Automation calendar is intended to a) alert Vera to special events/items that need alternative handling and b) have GCAL post items to the calendar for history.

Two Vera Plus UI7 Linked via HTTP, 90+ Devices. PlugIns: PLEG, DSC, Blue Iris, MySensors,  AutoVera, ImperiHome, VeraAlerts, EventWatcher

Offline Stuart

« Reply #396 on: November 01, 2015, 07:36:39 pm »
I have personally set mine up using the current instruction manual and everything works beautifully. I have something for the wish list though. I think a variable field for the truly "next event" would be nice. The current one is not strictly next as it could mean the currently tripped event. Otherwise I think it's a wonderful plugin.

How would you like to use this "next event" ?   If you set gc_keyword to blank then gc_NextEvent will be the next event and gc_NextEventTime will tell you when.

Offline garycooper

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #397 on: November 02, 2015, 06:43:39 am »
Can someone know if multiple event in the same time are manage by GCAL3 ?

Here is my settings (view attach) and only the event TEST is visible, but i have 2 events in the same time.

I separate them with a ";".

Why i don't see VMC AND TEST on the plugin ?
I also try to get the value with this command but i retrieve only TEST
local gc_Value = luup.variable_get("urn:srs-com:serviceId:GCalIII", "gc_TrippedEvent", gcalId)

Thanks for your help

« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 06:45:20 am by garycooper »

Offline Stuart

« Reply #398 on: November 02, 2015, 12:23:49 pm »
The 'next' event is VMC (because it starts first).   VMC will cause a trigger of the plugin.  When VMC end, TEST will trigger (but only at the time when VMC ends).  When that happens - you will see TEST on the plugin panel.  This behavior is necessary as the plugin is essentially a switch (i.e. it's either on off).

Depending what you want to do - you may want to look at gc_notify.  See the release notes for V1.3.

Offline garycooper

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #399 on: November 03, 2015, 09:35:17 am »
yep looks gc_notify seems to be the solution.
But i don't understand how it works

How could i be notified when (these events are overlapping)
: VMC start
: VMC stop
: TEST start
: TEST stop

Could you validate these param :

gc_notify -->1
gc_notifyName --> VMC;TEST
gc_notifyValue --> ????
gc_notifyType --> Start;End

Thanks,

Offline Stuart

« Reply #400 on: November 03, 2015, 02:23:10 pm »
Take a look at the Release 1.3 notes in the first post of this section.  Should tell you what you need to know.

One approach is to create a scene that triggers on the "Event Start or End" trigger and then use some Lua code to do what you want depending on the event (gc_notifyName) and whether its a start or end of the event (gc_notifyType).

Offline garycooper

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #401 on: November 03, 2015, 02:30:18 pm »
Take a look at the Release 1.3 notes in the first post of this section.  Should tell you what you need to know.

One approach is to create a scene that triggers on the "Event Start or End" trigger and then use some Lua code to do what you want depending on the event (gc_notifyName) and whether its a start or end of the event (gc_notifyType).

ok, get it

it works now, thanks for your support

Offline garycooper

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #402 on: November 04, 2015, 09:34:17 am »
i set a trigger on "Event Start or End", it works fine but all the event are repeated 2 times.

Every time i get a start i could see the trigger is called 2 times, same things for End... (i log the execution of the scene).

Is it a bug or could i set a param to avoid this ?

Thanks

Offline Stuart

« Reply #403 on: November 04, 2015, 11:58:28 am »
I have seen this once or twice in testing but could not find the reason.   It is possible there is a bug (always) - so I will have another look.

One possibility though is that I use a technique in vera where certain actions within the plugin are scheduled by vera - it is possible, during testing that actions get scheduled more than once.  Lots of 'possibles' here .....

So try this -- clear out any near future events in the calendar except one that is an hour further than any other event you have been testing with.  Then REBOOT vera.   Let the plugin run and see what happens.   I''ll be doing the same thing .....

Offline Stuart

« Reply #404 on: November 04, 2015, 01:07:37 pm »
OK - I just did some tests ---   you are lucky !   I get 3 and 4 notifications !!!

What version of the plugin are you using, what model vera and what UI release level ?

In Rel 1.4 I'm thinking (pretty sure)  I introduced a bug that accounts for some of the excess notifications I am seeing and can probably fix that soon.