Author Topic: GCAL3 - Version 2.6  (Read 139218 times)

Offline Stuart

  • Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 664
  • Karma: +67/-2
Re: GCAL3 - Version 2.6
« Reply #675 on: October 24, 2017, 05:26:06 pm »
This is an incomplete log file and does not show the log when the problem occurred.   Please make sure you have gc_debug set to 3.   Run the plugin until you get the error then use the get log feature (from the plugin) and send the whole log file.

I tried your calendar url and got an error message to Check Credentials 404, which makes sense since the test credentials should not work.  I also note thatthe url you are inputing is for a group calendar.  Is that what you are trying to use ?  Do you have permissions for that calendar ?

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=<snip>%40group.calendar.google.com

Your permissions need to look something like the attached.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 06:28:03 pm by Stuart »

Offline RoffeRuff

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 10
  • Karma: +0/-0
Re: GCAL3 - Version 2.6
« Reply #676 on: November 05, 2017, 03:42:10 pm »
This is an incomplete log file and does not show the log when the problem occurred.   Please make sure you have gc_debug set to 3.   Run the plugin until you get the error then use the get log feature (from the plugin) and send the whole log file.

I tried your calendar url and got an error message to Check Credentials 404, which makes sense since the test credentials should not work.  I also note thatthe url you are inputing is for a group calendar.  Is that what you are trying to use ?  Do you have permissions for that calendar ?

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=<snip>%40group.calendar.google.com

Your permissions need to look something like the attached.

It is a newly created (and shared calendar) where me and my wife will add bookings controlling pre-heating of our car. gc_debug was set to 3 all along. Attached is the log capturing everything around the point where I got my sweet 403.


Offline rjfcowdery

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 14
  • Karma: +0/-0
Re: GCAL3 - Version 2.6
« Reply #677 on: November 05, 2017, 09:07:28 pm »
Am using GCal3 to drive events based on an airBnB public ical calendar that I have linked into my Google calendar.  Guest reservations show up as all-day repeated events and I have no problem triggering the "Guest Arrival" actions which start 13hrs  (1:00PM) after the GCal calendar event start at midnight (using gc_StartDelta = 780min).   However the  "Guest Departure" actions need to trigger 11hrs after the end of the ical event (ie 11:00AM on the day after the end of the reservation in the calendar).  The gc_EndDelta doesn't seem to work for this - i get the the trigger at midnight instead.   Is this a limitation of GCal3 or am I missing something.  I can use Delayed Actions in the scenes to create the same effect if needed. !!  thanks

Offline Stuart

  • Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 664
  • Karma: +67/-2
Re: GCAL3 - Version 2.6
« Reply #678 on: November 05, 2017, 10:39:14 pm »
The logs look correct right up to the point where the plugin is requesting the calendar data.  The credentials look to be correct - at least the error that I would expect for incorrect credentials is not occurring.  That pretty much leaves a bad url and / or permissions.  Are you using the iframe information at Embed This Calendar from the calendar details page?  Are you using the service account associated with the credentials as one of the accounts in the section "Share with specific people"?

On the permission side of things - this post may (or may not) help.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11863022/edit-google-calendar-events-from-google-service-account-403/11897793#11897793

If you want to send to me via PM screen shots of the relevant calendar settings (especially permissions) - I can take a look

Offline aladur

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 14
  • Karma: +0/-0
Re: GCAL3 - Version 2.6
« Reply #679 on: December 24, 2017, 12:25:16 pm »
Hi Steward,
after using the Gcal3 successfully for a couple of months, it's now reporting "http error400" when pressing "check". Unless the calendar is correctly shown in the "Calendar" tab. I had changed nothing except doing some firmware upgrades.
What might be wrong? Thanks!

Offline Stuart

  • Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 664
  • Karma: +67/-2
Re: GCAL3 - Version 2.6
« Reply #680 on: December 24, 2017, 02:04:55 pm »
These http errors are standard error codes - so they can be looked up just by doing a search.  Of course, that does not men that the descriptions will make sense.  error code 400 means that the server did not like or did not recognize the request.

My best guess is that during the upgrade you copied the calendar url across incorectly.

First thing to do is to test using the test calendar and test credentials.  Assuming that works - try again with your credentials and calendar id.

You mention the calendar tab - that was removed a couple of versions ago, so maybe it's time to upgrade GCAL.  I do not troubleshoot or make changes to olde revisions.