We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: GCAL3 - General Discussion  (Read 180436 times)

Offline fabs29

Re: GCAL3 - V 1.0 Released
« Reply #240 on: November 21, 2014, 10:07:26 am »
Hi
I'm using version 1.0, and it have been very difficult to make it works...

I had error "fatal getting credential"

I had switched debug to 3, and had looked at the logs (thanks to the infoViewver plugin !)

I had found the reason why it was not working : my credential file was called Gcal3.json, and the plugin were looking for GCal3.json !

Maybe my experience will help other users  ;-)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 10:40:46 am by fabs29 »

Offline Stuart

« Reply #241 on: November 21, 2014, 10:11:35 am »
(2) Added new icons.  Grey = waiting for an event;  Blue = no keword is set and an event is Active; Green = an event matches a keyword and is Tripped.

I think there might be an issue with the new icons. I'm on mios 1.5.622 using Firefox (I've done reloads and cleared the web cache) and the plugin device icons remain grey even when the device is tripped.

It's entirely possible there is a problem with the new icons.  Unfortunately I had to do that bit 'blind' as I only have one vera and it's now on UI7.

Also - it will take about 15 sec after an event has tripped for the icon to change - this is a deliberate delay built into the plugin to allow other plugins time to react to changes.   As well - the plugin remembers the prior state, so it does not create multiple trigger events.  So try this too:   (1) make sure there are no events 'now'.   (2) Hit the check button  (3) go to calendar and put an event in that is for 'now' (4) hit 'check again.  The plugin should see the event and in 15 sec the icon should change.

Let me know please.

Offline Stuart

« Reply #242 on: November 21, 2014, 10:19:18 am »
For those who don't want to wait for the plugin to appear in the Marketplace.

Attached is the complete package

Hi Stuart. I've updated to 1.0.

In Vera Web GUI -> My Apps, it still reads that I'm on an older verson (0.6) which is obviously not correct. I guess it has to do with that I've manually updated the files. It's not just a cosmetic isssue because I can not enable "Auto update" because Vera thinks it's still a beta version.

Do you know how to make Vera reflect the current version in the GUI?

I'm assuming UI7 ?

I saw something very similar yesterday when I was doing some additional testing - likely the 'Create Another' button is also missing from Apps ->My Apps -> pluginname.  ??

This looks to be a setting from the marketplace that does not get updated if you do a manual install for the first time (for the plugin) in UI7.   Try deleting the plugin and re-installing from the marketplace (it was approved over night).   It looks like once it's set by the marketplace - its ok.

guest141575

« Reply #243 on: November 21, 2014, 10:55:52 am »
Also - it will take about 15 sec after an event has tripped for the icon to change - this is a deliberate delay built into the plugin to allow other plugins time to react to changes.   As well - the plugin remembers the prior state, so it does not create multiple trigger events.  So try this too:   (1) make sure there are no events 'now'.   (2) Hit the check button  (3) go to calendar and put an event in that is for 'now' (4) hit 'check again.  The plugin should see the event and in 15 sec the icon should change.

Let me know please.

It stays grey all the time.

Offline SM2k

« Reply #244 on: November 21, 2014, 11:08:41 am »

Let me know please.

It stays grey all the time.

I'm still on 0.9 and the icons are working. This is a new issue since you updated?

guest141575

« Reply #245 on: November 21, 2014, 11:11:02 am »
I'm still on 0.9 and the icons are working. This is a new issue since you updated?

Yes, I didn't see this issue in 0.9. However It's not critical for me.  ;D

Offline Don Diego

Re: GCAL3 - V 0.9 Released
« Reply #246 on: November 21, 2014, 01:36:41 pm »

I get the 404 as well, but I assumed it's because I used a calendar ID that looks like an email address, not a URL. I'd be curious to see if I could supply a value that'd make the calendar show up tho :)

as far as the 2 AM issue, things I'd check would be the time zone of the calendar, vs the vera. It's not likely that you set a StartDelta or EndDelta, but if those values aren't 0, they would affect start/end times from the sensor's point of view.

@Don Diego and 2M2K

Try replacing %40 in the url with @  - I found a bug (that I have fixed in V 1.0) that does not play nice with %40.  Also make sure that you are putting in a url of the form described in the release notes for V 0.8.
Broadly speaking, any calendar of the form
https://www.google.com/calendar/ ...... &src=[something]@group.calendar.google.com ....
should work.
Note that "yourcalendar@gmail.com" will no longer work.  Also make sure you are putting them into the calendar ID input on the control tab and using "Set".  Do not place directly into the advanced tab as I do some reformatting to make everything work.

The 2am issue is most likely as 2M2K pointed out.  Google does not include a time component for all day events - so the plugin has to set it to start and stop at midnight.  So it should show up correctly as long as your vera is set to the local timezone.

Hi Stuart

I changed the email address and the calendar still doesn't display.

Don
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 06:10:31 pm by Don Diego »
Vera 3 (@1.5.622) (3); Vera Plus (2);
Trane/Schlage TStats (1); Schlage Deadbolt (2); Kwikset Lock (3);  GE 45602 Dimmer (14); GE 45603 Dimmer (17); HSM-100 (16); Everspring Siren (8), Everspring Temp/Humidity (4); HSM 200 (1)

Offline fabs29

« Reply #247 on: November 21, 2014, 06:33:53 pm »
hi

I've installed the last release using the mios market (1.0)

I think there is a bug for events between 00:00 and 00:59 : these events are not reported by gcal3

Offline Stuart

« Reply #248 on: November 21, 2014, 06:37:06 pm »

Yes, I didn't see this issue in 0.9. However It's not critical for me.  ;D

For anyone  running UI5 and GCal3 V1.0 - please upload the following file.  This will put the icons back the way they were in V0.9

EDIT: - Well, almost .... sorry, please see the file posted here which has been validated by users on UI5

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,26692.msg204092.html#msg204092
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 09:55:34 am by Stuart »

Offline Stuart

« Reply #249 on: November 21, 2014, 06:59:49 pm »
hi

I've installed the last release using the mios market (1.0)

I think there is a bug for events between 00:00 and 00:59 : these events are not reported by gcal3

Can you give me a bit more info ?   I just created an event that starts at 00:05 am and 00:15am and the plugin see's it.  I also changed the event to start at 00:00 and end at 00:59 and it sees that as well.

Do you have a keyword set and the event does not match the keyword ?

No code in this area has changed recently - at least not on purpose  :-[

Offline Stuart

Re: GCAL3 - V 0.9 Released
« Reply #250 on: November 21, 2014, 07:27:27 pm »

Hi Stuart

I changed the email address and the calendar still doesn't display. How can I tell what GCAAL3 version I'm running?

Don

The quickest way to get to the bottom of what's happening is with a log file.  Set gc_debug to 3 and filter the log file with GCal3.   The log messages will tell which version is being used.

guest141575

« Reply #251 on: November 22, 2014, 04:19:15 am »
For anyone  running UI5 and GCal3 V1.0 - please upload the following file.  This will put the icons back the way they were in V0.9

Lovely! Thank You Stuart  ;D

In Vera Web GUI -> My Apps, it still reads that I'm on an older verson (0.6) which is obviously not correct. I guess it has to do with that I've manually updated the files. It's not just a cosmetic isssue because I can not enable "Auto update" because Vera thinks it's still a beta version.

I hope I won't have to uninstall and reinstall the plugin...  ???

;D ;D ;D Thank You Stuart for all the hard work you put into this project.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Stuart

« Reply #252 on: November 22, 2014, 12:17:20 pm »

Lovely! Thank You Stuart  ;D

I hope I won't have to uninstall and reinstall the plugin...  ???

;D ;D ;D Thank You Stuart for all the hard work you put into this project.  ;D ;D ;D

Hi Farang -- Sorry but I do not know how to make vera do what you ask.  There is some interplay between the marketplace settings and the UI that apparently gets confused.
This post gives some clue as to the issue but not a complete answer.  You may find a post with more info ....

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=27512.0

For V1.0 I set the marketplace to auto update so that should carry through from now (with any luck).

I would recommend uninstalling your plugin and then re-installing from the marketplace V1.0 then uploading the D_GCal3.json file (from 3 posts above) if you are on UI5.   You should not loose any credentials but you will need to put your CalendarID back in.  This should only take 5 min and might be the quickest.

guest141575

« Reply #253 on: November 22, 2014, 01:53:42 pm »
I'm just afraid that if I temporary delete the GCal devices, PLEG will start to purge actions for unknown devices that are referenced in the code. I will ask my question in a more generic forum and we will see if someone knows how to do this. Thank You Stuart.

EDIT:

I found a way  ;D

I just forced an update with this command and it seems it worked!

Code: [Select]
http://MY-VERA-IP:3480/data_request?id=update_plugin&Plugin=7016
(After that, do the Vera-dance)

;)

Offline Stuart

UI7 Issue
« Reply #254 on: November 22, 2014, 08:17:34 pm »
For those exploring UI7 with GCal3 (yes .. all three of us ?)

There is a problem creating a trigger (other than plugin tripped).  The plugin mechanics seem to be working fine but UI7 will not allow an event name to be set.

I have asked MCV dev about this and hope to have an answer soon - ah the joys of vera ......   or put another way ....  crowd QA .....