We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: GCAL3 - General Discussion  (Read 180451 times)

guest141575

GCAL3 Flying buttons
« Reply #255 on: November 24, 2014, 02:58:54 am »
Hello Stuart!

I noticed that the buttons on my GCal devices are flying away ... (1.0 + iconfix @ 1.5.622)  ;D

Offline Stuart

Re: GCAL3 Flying buttons
« Reply #256 on: November 24, 2014, 11:58:27 am »
Hello Stuart!

I noticed that the buttons on my GCal devices are flying away ... (1.0 + iconfix @ 1.5.622)  ;D

Yikes - this is crazy. I just looked at the code again and no reason why this should have happened (that I can tell) .  Does it fix itself if you reboot the unit ?  Sometimes the browsers cash old stuff.

If it's still there after a reboot - try this and let me know please.

EDIT:  The file has been validated by UI5 users and is now posted here

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,26692.msg204092.html#msg204092
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 09:56:29 am by Stuart »

guest141575

« Reply #257 on: November 24, 2014, 02:55:29 pm »
Hello Stuart!

Yikes - this is crazy. I just looked at the code again and no reason why this should have happened (that I can tell) .  Does it fix itself if you reboot the unit ?  Sometimes the browsers cash old stuff.

If it's still there after a reboot - try this and let me know please.

Thank You Stuart.

After a reboot and a few Vera dances the buttons are still on the run ... I noticed it's the same problem in IE so it can not be a web cache problem. I tried your new file but it didn't change anything. Also, all other plugins and devices are behaving normal.

Someone else using GCAL3 V 1.00 on 1.5.622 with the lastest modified D_GCal3.json who can confirm please?

Offline Stuart

« Reply #258 on: November 24, 2014, 03:12:08 pm »

After a reboot and a few Vera dances the buttons are still on the run ... I noticed it's the same problem in IE so it can not be a web cache problem. I tried your new file but it didn't change anything. Also, all other plugins and devices are behaving normal.

Someone else using GCAL3 V 1.00 on 1.5.622 with the lastest modified D_GCal3.json who can confirm please?

It would be really helpful if someone on UI5 could comment.  I (perhaps foolishly) made the leap to UI7 as I wanted to get a start on getting a version ready - so I cannot test UI5.  The core code is identical between UI7 and UI5 just the UI files are different.

guest141575

Re: GCAL3 - V 1.0 Released
« Reply #259 on: November 24, 2014, 03:17:38 pm »
And what's more strange ... right now the buttons have returned to their original places.  I don't know why. I didn't do anything.

Offline Stuart

« Reply #260 on: November 24, 2014, 04:04:28 pm »
And what's more strange ... right now the buttons have returned to their original places.  I don't know why. I didn't do anything.

So it's working correctly now ?

To make sure we are on the same page - can you
(1)  give a screenshot of the way things look now
(2) download from your vera the D_GCal3.json file and attach it to your reply.  I want to be sure we have the actual file on your vera so we can be sure.

Thanks in advance

Offline Don Diego

« Reply #261 on: November 24, 2014, 06:22:51 pm »

It would be really helpful if someone on UI5 could comment.  I (perhaps foolishly) made the leap to UI7 as I wanted to get a start on getting a version ready - so I cannot test UI5.  The core code is identical between UI7 and UI5 just the UI files are different.

Hi Stuart

I uploaded the patch you provided for GCAL3 on UI5. Now I'm having the same flying buttonsas farang.

Don
Vera 3 (@1.5.622) (3); Vera Plus (2);
Trane/Schlage TStats (1); Schlage Deadbolt (2); Kwikset Lock (3);  GE 45602 Dimmer (14); GE 45603 Dimmer (17); HSM-100 (16); Everspring Siren (8), Everspring Temp/Humidity (4); HSM 200 (1)

Offline Stuart

« Reply #262 on: November 24, 2014, 06:57:34 pm »

Hi Stuart

I uploaded the patch you provided for GCAL3 on UI5. Now I'm having the same flying buttonsas farang.

Don

Did you try the patch from 5 posts above ?  That is to say the one I asked farang to try ?   Looks like he is reporting that fixed the problem.

guest141575

« Reply #263 on: November 25, 2014, 01:38:07 am »

(2) download from your vera the D_GCal3.json file and attach it to your reply.  I want to be sure we have the actual file on your vera so we can be sure.

Thanks in advance

Hi Stuart!

I downloaded the D_GCal3.json from my Vera and the file size reported by ₩indo₩$ is 13,3 kB (13 629 byte) . I ensure you that everything looks normal right now. However I'm also sure that initially after installing the json-file I still saw the flying windows, I believe that I made reloads and empying cache also after installing that json-file but I'm not 100% sure. I haven't seen any buttons flying around since yesterday but if I do I will report back immediately.

Thank You Stuart!  :)

EDIT: Attachment Removed

Offline Don Diego

« Reply #264 on: November 25, 2014, 07:01:40 am »

Thanks in advance

Hi Stuart!

I downloaded the D_GCal3.json from my Vera and the file size reported by ₩indo₩$ is 13,3 kB (13 629 byte) . I ensure you that everything looks normal right now. However I'm also sure that initially after installing the json-file I still saw the flying windows, I believe that I made reloads and empying cache also after installing that json-file but I'm not 100% sure. I haven't seen any buttons flying around since yesterday but if I do I will report back immediately.

Hi Farang

After uploading your file in 1.5.622 the flying window problem was fixed..

Thanks Stuart and Farang..

Don
Vera 3 (@1.5.622) (3); Vera Plus (2);
Trane/Schlage TStats (1); Schlage Deadbolt (2); Kwikset Lock (3);  GE 45602 Dimmer (14); GE 45603 Dimmer (17); HSM-100 (16); Everspring Siren (8), Everspring Temp/Humidity (4); HSM 200 (1)

Offline Stuart

« Reply #265 on: November 25, 2014, 09:58:32 am »

Hi Stuart!

I downloaded the D_GCal3.json from my Vera and the file size reported by ₩indo₩$ is 13,3 kB (13 629 byte) . I ensure you that everything looks normal right now.

Farang - thank you very much for testing this.    I will roll the correct file into V1.1.

guest141575

« Reply #266 on: November 25, 2014, 02:42:03 pm »

Hi Stuart!

I downloaded the D_GCal3.json from my Vera and the file size reported by ₩indo₩$ is 13,3 kB (13 629 byte) . I ensure you that everything looks normal right now.

Farang - thank you very much for testing this.    I will roll the correct file into V1.1.
I'm just happy if I can assist in any way. :D

Offline minxster

« Reply #267 on: November 27, 2014, 10:10:35 am »
Hi - just been updating to GCal3 (used market place version) when I saw this thread on some issues I was having. I was worried that things were not "tripping" correctly becuase I didn't see any icon changes, though I workout everything was working correctly afterall  8)

Anywho - thanks to one and all for this plugin along with fixing the icons  :D .... My heating is now back in automatic mode  ;D

Offline korttoma

« Reply #268 on: December 01, 2014, 02:51:05 am »
Updated from Version 0.8 to 1.0 using this method:

To Update GCal3
https://<remoteaddress>/<username>/<password>/<veraID>/data_request?id=update_plugin&Plugin=7016

remoteaddress example: fwd7.mios.com

I also got the Fatal error getting credentials so I checked if GCal3.json was available on my vera but all I found was "G" (see picture).
So I re uploaded the file and restarted now everything is fine but again the file is gone and all I see is "G" like in the picture but it is working so no worries.

Is this some security feature?

- Tomas

Offline Stuart

« Reply #269 on: December 01, 2014, 10:46:36 am »
Updated from Version 0.8 to 1.0 using this method:

To Update GCal3
https://<remoteaddress>/<username>/<password>/<veraID>/data_request?id=update_plugin&Plugin=7016

remoteaddress example: fwd7.mios.com

I also got the Fatal error getting credentials so I checked if GCal3.json was available on my vera but all I found was "G" (see picture).
So I re uploaded the file and restarted now everything is fine but again the file is gone and all I see is "G" like in the picture but it is working so no worries.

Is this some security feature?

There was a change in the way security was handed between 0.8 and 0.9 which required GCal3.json to be downloaded again.  Part of the change was to make the code easier to maintain and debug - part of the change was to store the tokens in memory (they were previously in files).

All of the working files for the plugin are placed / created in a directory called GCal3 (including the GCal3.json file).  So only the program files should be visible in the screen shot you made.  GCal3 (the directory) is visible in the UI7 interface but I cannot remember how it shows up in the UI5 interface.  From the look of the screen shot - maybe it's the GCal3 directory but not fully named ?

I do not have a "G" file on my system.  You could always try and download it and take a look - or use putty / winscp to take a look. 
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 10:49:29 am by Stuart »