We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: GCAL3 - General Discussion  (Read 197237 times)

Offline Stuart

Re: GCAL3 - V 1.3 Released - Now with Overlapping Event Notification
« Reply #345 on: June 09, 2015, 12:04:56 pm »
I'm fairly new to Vera and I had (for a while) set up a wakeup mechanism based on gcal with one of the previous gCal apps(no longer works due to Google updates)  I believe I did everything to the T through the files. When I click the calendar it shows my gCalendar. However when I click check it simply states, "Next event", "In bypass mode", "."
I even tried from my iCal using the ical link. Same thing simply states, "Next event", "In bypass mode", "." .  I have not figured out where the logs show when I put it in debug mode.

From that is it possible to discern what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you!

Seems like the plugin is in bypass mode (i.e. not armed) ??.   You need to Arm it. Try that and then try "check" in the control tab.
If that does not work - get back to me (hopefully with a log file :-) )

The logs are the standard vera logs at /var/log/cmh/LuaUPnP.log

http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Logs

I usually use WinSCP to access he logs.  You still can (I think) access them from a browser using:

http://[your local ip]/cgi-bin/cmh/log.sh?Device=LuaUPnP

Offline Georgethesixth

« Reply #346 on: June 24, 2015, 11:04:18 am »
Dear Sir,

I'm struggling learning LUA and I try to integrate with Google Calender.  Could I be allowed to look at your code ?  Can I see the code if I bought a Vera ? 

You don't have to do this for free : I can send a payment via PayPal   Please keep in mind that I am a student .

I don't want to offend you in any way so if my question is inappropriate please excuse me.

Kind regards,

George

Offline Stuart

« Reply #347 on: June 29, 2015, 02:33:51 pm »
Dear Sir,

I'm struggling learning LUA and I try to integrate with Google Calender.  Could I be allowed to look at your code ?  Can I see the code if I bought a Vera ? 

You don't have to do this for free : I can send a payment via PayPal   Please keep in mind that I am a student .

I don't want to offend you in any way so if my question is inappropriate please excuse me.

Kind regards,

George

George --
The code is free and you are more than welcome to look at the source code - BUT, understand that I was completely new to LUA when I started and while my technique evolved, I am not a professional programmer.  Also there are not a lot of comments - but you should be able to figure it out as it follows the LuuP approach.

If you have a VERA and install the plugin, the code is available (unless the author prevents it.  I allow it, mostly because of the comments above :-)

I'll attach a copy of the current version so you can download it  but will remove it in a few days as I don't like old versions lying around the forum .....

EDIT: Code removed
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 12:33:18 am by Stuart »

Offline mtncomm1

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #348 on: June 30, 2015, 12:24:33 pm »
Stuart,

I have a client that uses GCal on his Vera Lite to control various functions at his rental cabin, and it is acting goofy all of a sudden. GCal keywords "occupied" & "unoccupied" simply turns a Virtual Switch On or Off. Depending on whether the VSwitch is On or Off, runs a series of timers in PLEG plugins. Lately the GCal seems to be seeing the Occupied & Unoccupied calender events ok, BUT it is not turning the VSwitch On when the cabin is Occupied as it should. IF memory serves me correctly, the plugin was case sensitive as far as how you entered events into your Google Calender. Could that be our problem?

Thanks in advance!

Offline Stuart

« Reply #349 on: June 30, 2015, 03:26:42 pm »
Stuart,

I have a client that uses GCal on his Vera Lite to control various functions at his rental cabin, and it is acting goofy all of a sudden. GCal keywords "occupied" & "unoccupied" simply turns a Virtual Switch On or Off. Depending on whether the VSwitch is On or Off, runs a series of timers in PLEG plugins. Lately the GCal seems to be seeing the Occupied & Unoccupied calender events ok, BUT it is not turning the VSwitch On when the cabin is Occupied as it should. IF memory serves me correctly, the plugin was case sensitive as far as how you entered events into your Google Calender. Could that be our problem?

Thanks in advance!

No matter how the event is named in the calendar - it is forced to all upper case.  Therefore any tests for trigger events need to be specified in upper case.  This was done to avoid ambiguity.   For example: calendar events "occupied", OccuPied" oCCupied" are all converted to OCCUPIED and so the test must also be for OCCUPIED.

Try it and let me know if it fixed your problem.

Offline slajgaj

« Reply #350 on: July 02, 2015, 02:56:27 pm »
Hi!
I installed and setting the Gcal3 plugin.
I see the next appointment, but the time zone is wrong.
In my home is gmt+2 and under the plugin the next event time is GMT!
What can i do wrong?

Offline Stuart

« Reply #351 on: July 02, 2015, 09:54:03 pm »
Hi!
I installed and setting the Gcal3 plugin.
I see the next appointment, but the time zone is wrong.
In my home is gmt+2 and under the plugin the next event time is GMT!
What can i do wrong?
Both Vera and google calendar have to be set to the same timezone.  Please check.
If this does not fix the problem what is the value of the variable gc_jsonEvents  (when you have an event in the calendar) and how does that compare to the time for the event in google calendar.

Offline slajgaj

« Reply #352 on: July 03, 2015, 09:52:57 am »
Stuart!

Yes, i cheked in Vera and in the Google calendar the time zone
All time is ok
In the json_event value is some character ??

In the GCAL3 Sensor you can see the start time is 16:30 not 18:30 !! 2 hours different?!

Ps: i'm using to GCAL3 the ical calendar link

« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 09:56:01 am by slajgaj »

Offline Stuart

« Reply #353 on: July 03, 2015, 10:38:21 am »
iCal does not have a consistent way to present date/time.  It has many options and it's up to the developer of the iCal which ones(s) they use - I have even seen multiple variations in the same calendar !.  GCAL3 handles some but not all variations.

If you are using google calendar to create your events then please use the regular google url - for a number of reasons, it is more efficient.

Please switch to the regular google link and see what happens.

Nothing in gc_jsonevents "[]" tells me there were no events in the calendar at the time of the screen shot - correct ?

Offline slajgaj

« Reply #354 on: July 06, 2015, 04:07:00 am »
Stuart!

Thank you, i trying the regular google calendat.
Yes, the all screenshot is correct.

Offline dionmes

« Reply #355 on: July 20, 2015, 04:09:17 pm »
This plugin sounds great. I got it installed and added the Calender ID, now my calendar shows up under the Calendar tab. So I created an event and tried to trigger it, but there I get stuck. I have this message; "Next Event : The CalendarID is set" . And whatever event I create or keyword add (or keyword setting I change). Cant get rid of this message and it does not recognize any events ... Suggestions would be appreciated.

Offline Stuart

« Reply #356 on: July 20, 2015, 06:45:35 pm »
This plugin sounds great. I got it installed and added the Calender ID, now my calendar shows up under the Calendar tab. So I created an event and tried to trigger it, but there I get stuck. I have this message; "Next Event : The CalendarID is set" . And whatever event I create or keyword add (or keyword setting I change). Cant get rid of this message and it does not recognize any events ... Suggestions would be appreciated.
Try pressing the 'check' button.  The plugin checks periodically for new events but when you are testing its usual to force a check manually.
For initial testing its easiest to leave gc_keyword blank so that the plugin responds to any event.

Offline Sig

Re: GCAL3 - V 1.2 Released - Now with Add Event to Calendar
« Reply #357 on: July 20, 2015, 08:27:51 pm »
This is a common vera problem.

To force an update (since vera is inconsistent in this regard) you can use
http://<your vera ip>:3480/data_request?id=update_plugin&Plugin=7016

7016 is the GCal3 plugin id

I clean up old files from the forum -- especially when there is a new release.

I've used this tip a number of times - thank you.  Is there a way for me to force a plugin update when I'm accessing one of my Veras remotely (i.e. not on the same network)?  I have a Vera in my vacation home, for which I need to force a plugin update, and was wondering if there's a way for me to do that before I am next physically in that home.  I'm going to guess there's some way for me to tunnel into my network in that house, assuming I set it up that way, but that's beyond my capabilities, so thought I'd ask here if there was another way.

Offline Stuart

« Reply #358 on: July 20, 2015, 09:48:02 pm »
As far as I know there is no easy way to force a remote update - searching to forum may give you a better answer.
One thought .....  Is to run the http command with luup code on the Vera device again may be something in the forum.
Let me know if you find anything - might be the basis for a simple plugin ....

Offline dionmes

« Reply #359 on: July 21, 2015, 08:18:16 am »
Try pressing the 'check' button.  The plugin checks periodically for new events but when you are testing its usual to force a check manually.
For initial testing its easiest to leave gc_keyword blank so that the plugin responds to any event.
Thanks for the quick reply, awesome support.

And forgive me for being an idiot, I somehow totally overlooked the service account setup procedure. And what happens is that since I am logged in at Google, the account looks like its working. While in fact, from the vera device it doesn't see anything. It's working great now, thanks.