Author Topic: GCAL3 - General Discussion  (Read 157646 times)

Offline mako

Re: GCAL3 - Version 2.6
« Reply #690 on: September 13, 2018, 06:28:30 am »
I'm having the same problem, the calendar plugin stopped working 2 days ago. I've just gone through the process of recreating the JSON file, setting up the calendar config, adding the calendar ID & credentials on the vera and uploading the new json file but when I try it all I get is missing access_token.

Offline mike Q

« Reply #691 on: September 13, 2018, 04:41:34 pm »
Same here.  I've been using GCal3 for a long time and today sometime in the last few days it stopped working.   It makes several attempts to check the calendar but eventually fails.

Offline Stuart

« Reply #692 on: September 14, 2018, 02:42:14 am »
I see the problem.  Thanks for the log files!!!     Goggle somewhat thoughtfully (NOT) changed the format of the returned access token.  So the test that checked to see if one was returned failed.   Looks like you guys were the first to notice.  When I checked my system - I saw the same problem.

Here is a new GCal3.lua file.  It's marked as version 2.7a.  Just upload it.

Apps --> Develop Apps --> Luup files --> Upload and check the box that says Restart Luup after upload.

Please report back.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 02:44:52 am by Stuart »

Offline ChrisTheC

• Baltimore, MD & Washington, DC
« Reply #693 on: September 14, 2018, 05:28:24 am »

. . . Here is a new GCal3.lua file.  It's marked as version 2.7a.  Just upload it.  . . .

Apps --> Develop Apps --> Luup files --> Upload and check the box that says Restart Luup after upload.

Please report back.

Thanks Stuart!

Seems to be working for me again on openLuup/AltUI

Chris
openLuup with ALTUI, ALTHUE, 8x iPhoneLocators, Harmony Hub, Honeywell Wifi T-stat, Foscam Fi8608w & 2x R2, bridged to . . .
Vera 3/UI5 with Schlage BE469NX, 3x EZMotion+, 3x Ecolink PIR, 3x Schlage door sensors, 2x Aeotec micro switches, 2x Aeotec appliance switches, Leviton RZM10 & DZMX1, Wemo

Offline mako

« Reply #694 on: September 14, 2018, 06:02:02 am »
Thanks for the speedy response Stuart, I uploaded your new LUA file and it's working again now.  :D

Offline minimoibientot

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #695 on: September 14, 2018, 11:56:35 am »
problem solved for me too
following this post : http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,106907.0.html

Offline aboyer

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #696 on: September 14, 2018, 12:36:49 pm »
Thanks Stuart...it is working again for me too

Offline jswim788

Re: GCAL3 - Version 2.7
« Reply #697 on: September 15, 2018, 05:38:03 pm »
Would it be possible to get this updated in the Alternate App Store, the GCal version 3.0 there, with this fix?  thanks.

Offline aecchalet

Just Can't get GCal3 to work
« Reply #698 on: September 15, 2018, 08:22:32 pm »
I wrote in earlier about my trouble getting GCal3 to work. I must be doing something basic wrong.  Stuart suggested that I try the test ID and test json file to see if my upload was working.  I seem to be having trouble uploading GCal3test.json.  I attempt the upload and click done but don't see it added to the list of files.  There is a GCal3.json in my list but I am not sure when it was created or if it updated when I tried to upload my latest GCal3.json file.
Any clues for the clueless?  As I said, I really could use this program but can't get it running.
Along those lines, I was unable to share my calendar of interest because it is a calendar from my booking site.  There is no option to for me to share that "shared" calendar. Stuart mentions that one can use a URL for a public calendar but doesn't say how to do that.  Do I paste the public calendar's url into the Calendar ID field?
Any help would be appreciated.
Vera Plus 1.7.2138; 12xHRDS1, 2xTrane SCHTZMT400 Tstats; 5xZIR00, 4xCA9000 PIRs; 2xHA01C Recept; 2x2wy ZDW120W switch; 1xAppl (ACT, GE/Jasco), 1xLite Dim Mod (GE/Jasco, Evolve);  2xDead Bolts Schlage

Offline Stuart

« Reply #699 on: September 17, 2018, 02:59:27 pm »
Would it be possible to get this updated in the Alternate App Store, the GCal version 3.0 there, with this fix?  thanks.
I have not posted in the Alternate App Store (that I recall). I do not even have the url to hand ....
I suspect it's just a matter of copying the file I posted a couple of days ago.

Offline Stuart

Re: Just Can't get GCal3 to work
« Reply #700 on: September 17, 2018, 03:06:02 pm »
I wrote in earlier about my trouble getting GCal3 to work. I must be doing something basic wrong.  Stuart suggested that I try the test ID and test json file to see if my upload was working.  I seem to be having trouble uploading GCal3test.json.  I attempt the upload and click done but don't see it added to the list of files.  There is a GCal3.json in my list but I am not sure when it was created or if it updated when I tried to upload my latest GCal3.json file.
Any clues for the clueless?  As I said, I really could use this program but can't get it running.
Along those lines, I was unable to share my calendar of interest because it is a calendar from my booking site.  There is no option to for me to share that "shared" calendar. Stuart mentions that one can use a URL for a public calendar but doesn't say how to do that.  Do I paste the public calendar's url into the Calendar ID field?
Any help would be appreciated.

Have you tried the updated file I posted a couple of days ago -- if not, you will need it.
The credentials file is processed when it is first seen in the upload directory and then removed, so it's normal not to see it after it has been added.  I.e. you indicate the new file in the UI as well.

If you are using a google calendar then you can share it using the instructions from google.  If you are using some ical from some other site - then that will depend on the site - may or may not be possible.

Offline jswim788

« Reply #701 on: September 17, 2018, 03:44:22 pm »
I have not posted in the Alternate App Store (that I recall). I do not even have the url to hand ....
This old thread mentioned that you were trying the Alt App Store with GCal3?  http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=40363.0

Anyway, I'll try the new file and see what it does.

Offline Stuart

« Reply #702 on: September 21, 2018, 01:59:44 am »
This old thread mentioned that you were trying the Alt App Store with GCal3?  http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=40363.0

Anyway, I'll try the new file and see what it does.

Ah yes - I remember pushing out the 2.5 or 2.6 version and likely renaming it 3.0.  Maybe I pulled out some unnecessary things from that code drop but I suspect that the 2.7 works "as is".

I was less than happy with the vera UI at the time and seriously thinking of moving over to AltUI.
Then life happened and I never followed through .........

I'll take a look and see if I can fix it though.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 02:25:11 am by Stuart »

Offline Stuart

« Reply #703 on: September 21, 2018, 02:24:10 am »
If someone who uses AltUI can check the the file I posted recently (as 2.7a) and confirm that it works -- I will update Alternate App Store.  The version in the Alt App store (marked as 3.0) is a couple of revs back (likely 2.5 of GCal).

Offline ChrisTheC

• Baltimore, MD & Washington, DC
« Reply #704 on: September 21, 2018, 06:43:10 am »
If someone who uses AltUI can check the the file I posted recently (as 2.7a) and confirm that it works -- I will update Alternate App Store.  The version in the Alt App store (marked as 3.0) is a couple of revs back (likely 2.5 of GCal).

I initially posted above on 9/14 that your 2.7a .lua file was working for me on openLuup.

Mostly true.

My single all day event does trip,  ;D but your control panel is now blank, ie can't arm or disarm, or perform a check. Also your icons are now the default zwave icons.

I'll pm you the log from past midnight when my single event tripped with my gc_debug at 3. (not sure if those token calls are revealing sensitive info)

Again, it is functional with my all day events, just missing the control panel & icons.

Thanks for interrupting "life happens" for us. Hope things are well.

Regards,

Chris
openLuup with ALTUI, ALTHUE, 8x iPhoneLocators, Harmony Hub, Honeywell Wifi T-stat, Foscam Fi8608w & 2x R2, bridged to . . .
Vera 3/UI5 with Schlage BE469NX, 3x EZMotion+, 3x Ecolink PIR, 3x Schlage door sensors, 2x Aeotec micro switches, 2x Aeotec appliance switches, Leviton RZM10 & DZMX1, Wemo