Author Topic: GCAL3 - General Discussion  (Read 157794 times)

Offline Stuart

Re: GCAL3 - General Discussion
« Reply #720 on: October 02, 2018, 11:21:38 am »
I didn't do an update GCal3 on one of my systems, yet it appears that the 'missing access_token' problem has gone away and it is now updating properly.  I'm going to update it anyway, but I'm curious to learn if anyone else has noticed this.

I just checked one of the latest tokens being returned from google and yes - they have clearly change the formatting back to what it was (at least in the area that the code checks.   It's just an XML label -  so not such a big thing ....

When I changed the test in the code, I did it so that it would be "happy" with both formats.  So the new code works equally with the "old" label format as well as the "temporary" label.  So I'll leave the code in release 3.1 as is.

Online spud1502

« Reply #721 on: October 11, 2018, 04:49:32 pm »
HELP PLEASE  :)

All i get is error code 403. I have tested the embed code and it works fine elsewhere, I have set the credential file to the one made GCal3.json.

I don't know how to download and save a log file?

Thanks in advance

Offline Stuart

« Reply #722 on: October 12, 2018, 10:49:09 am »
All i get is error code 403. I have tested the embed code and it works fine elsewhere, I have set the credential file to the one made GCal3.json.

I see you are new to this - welcome to the forum!

Many people can help but we need information.  Like: are you on openluup or vera; what release of the plugin you are using and the full "error" you are seeing.  For example, there are several places where a "403" error can possibly occur and the messages are distinct to make troubleshooting easier.

Being able to get a log file is more-or-less critical for anything that is non-obvious.  There are several ways; covered in other general vera forums. AltUI has it's own inbuilt capability and there is a Getlog plugin that I created some time ago for vera.  You are spoilt for choice :-)

Decide on how to get logs.  You will likely need the capability at some point.   Simplest I think is GetLog unless you already use ALTUI.

But before you go there:  Ahe 403 error usually means that you have not set up calendar access correctly.  The documentation is pretty precise BUT google changed the UI's (again) but it should be fairly similar.   I would do two things:

1) Verify for me that the test calendar works.  It should have come of the very first time you installed GCal3 (assuming you did that in the past day or two you will have release 3.1).  If - when you installed the plugin you did not getthe test calendar - then delete the GCal plugin and reinstall it from the marketplace.  Veryfy that the test calendar works

2) Go back to your calendar settings - in particular make sure you are sharing the calendar in the manner described in the documentation.

In particular see this discussion.  Do you have the google calendar API's enabled for your project ?
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,53035.0.html

If you still have issues: set gc_debug to 3 and create a log file.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 10:57:26 am by Stuart »

Online spud1502

« Reply #723 on: October 13, 2018, 10:31:13 pm »
Thank you for your quick reply, it has helped massively. I will give everything you have said a try in the next couple of days. It is vera that I am using.

Online spud1502

« Reply #724 on: October 15, 2018, 05:38:30 pm »

I see you are new to this - welcome to the forum!

Many people can help but we need information.  Like: are you on openluup or vera; what release of the plugin you are using and the full "error" you are seeing.  For example, there are several places where a "403" error can possibly occur and the messages are distinct to make troubleshooting easier.

Being able to get a log file is more-or-less critical for anything that is non-obvious.  There are several ways; covered in other general vera forums. AltUI has it's own inbuilt capability and there is a Getlog plugin that I created some time ago for vera.  You are spoilt for choice :-)

Decide on how to get logs.  You will likely need the capability at some point.   Simplest I think is GetLog unless you already use ALTUI.

But before you go there:  Ahe 403 error usually means that you have not set up calendar access correctly.  The documentation is pretty precise BUT google changed the UI's (again) but it should be fairly similar.   I would do two things:

1) Verify for me that the test calendar works.  It should have come of the very first time you installed GCal3 (assuming you did that in the past day or two you will have release 3.1).  If - when you installed the plugin you did not getthe test calendar - then delete the GCal plugin and reinstall it from the marketplace.  Veryfy that the test calendar works

2) Go back to your calendar settings - in particular make sure you are sharing the calendar in the manner described in the documentation.

In particular see this discussion.  Do you have the google calendar API's enabled for your project ?
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,53035.0.html

If you still have issues: set gc_debug to 3 and create a log file.

I have managed to fix it, thanks for your help :)

Online spud1502

« Reply #725 on: October 15, 2018, 05:55:20 pm »
Just a quick question :) sorry to be a pain,

How often does the app fetch data from my calendar - so when i add a new event to a calendar when will this show in GCAL?

Offline Stuart

« Reply #726 on: October 15, 2018, 07:04:26 pm »
How often does the app fetch data from my calendar - so when i add a new event to a calendar when will this show in GCAL?

Please read the Advanced Configuration documentation about "Interval Notes .  The default is 3 hrs but there are other things that can and do affect that.

Or you can press the "Check" button.

Offline Stuart

« Reply #727 on: October 16, 2018, 09:54:59 am »
I have managed to fix it, thanks for your help :)

Can you provide a description of what you did that fixed the problem, or at least what it was that was altered.  In this way you are also giving back to the community.