We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Delayed Scene When Turning Off the Trigger Device  (Read 7233 times)

Offline jehuie

Re: Delayed Scene When Turning Off the Trigger Device
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2015, 02:24:57 am »
Sorry for bumping an old post but this was a great discussion and timely to me since I'm having the same problem.

My question: Does anyone know of a wall switch that does instant reporting that looks like a traditional toggle wall switch? I bought the GE 12727 because it looks "normal". But I can't get rid of the lengthy delay. I could like with 5 seconds or something but sometimes it takes minutes even though I'm only using 2 Z-Wave devices.

Offline Z-Waver

• Master Member
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2015, 06:48:00 pm »
There are no such switches at this time.

You could use a standard switch with a Aeon Labs DSC26103-ZWUS In wall Micro Switch. But, your best option will be a Leviton VRS15-1LZ 15A Scene Capable Switch even if it isn't a toggle type.

Offline jehuie

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2015, 01:41:25 am »

You could use a standard switch with a Aeon Labs DSC26103-ZWUS In wall Micro Switch. But, your best option will be a Leviton VRS15-1LZ 15A Scene Capable Switch even if it isn't a toggle type.

Thank you. Good info. It's frustrating to me that there isn't a solution that looks and feels and behaves like a traditional wall switch. GE makes one that is close. It doesn't feel right but it is tolerable. But it doesn't do the instant reporting so it fails in this application.

The first solution you mentioned doesn't seem practical for this specific application. The Levitron you told me about is the closest I've seen to what I want even though it's not a toggle switch. But does it really require me to purchase the Vizia RF + Handheld remote? It says it's a requirement in the link you gave me.

Offline jehuie

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2015, 01:47:34 am »
Actually maybe that Aeon Labs solution could work. I'll dig into that a little more. Thank you for the help!

Offline jehuie

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2016, 02:33:15 am »

Does anyone out there know the answer to this? Do I really need to have the Vizia RF + Handheld remote to use that Leviton switch??

Offline shallowearth

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2016, 02:52:38 am »
No you don't need the remote but they can be hard to connect to the Vera (can be a little finicky),  Cooper Aspire also makes a Z-Wave switch that has instant status and I have found are a little easier to get setup initially.  Booth are good switches though.

Offline jehuie

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2016, 07:39:16 pm »
So I ordered the Aeon Labs device but it still can easily take close to a minute for the remote light to turn on. I was under the impression that these would report status back instantly. Perhaps doing a group association between the two devices will work but I haven't been able to figure out how to do this in UI7 yet. It's a bit confusing. I started another thread about it here in case anyone is interested: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,35942.0.html

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2016, 01:24:14 am »
So I ordered the Aeon Labs device but it still can easily take close to a minute for the remote light to turn on. I was under the impression that these would report status back instantly. Perhaps doing a group association between the two devices will work but I haven't been able to figure out how to do this in UI7 yet. It's a bit confusing. I started another thread about it here in case anyone is interested: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,35942.0.html

IF you always want them together then yes Associations are what you want, but if not you just need the instant status turned on. Search the forum there was a setting that you should turn on for instant status to work on that micro switch.  Also I hate my microswitch over regular z-wave switches, up could be on.... or it could be off...... You never know its a guessing game.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2016, 01:25:41 am »
Ok I searched for you.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=17755.0

Pics are UI5 but the instructions are the same for ui7 just think green vs blue.

Offline jehuie

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2016, 10:42:36 pm »
Ok I searched for you.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=17755.0

Pics are UI5 but the instructions are the same for ui7 just think green vs blue.

Thank you sooooooo much! This is exactly what I was looking for. It finally works....perfectly! I could not find the manual for this at all when I was Googling before. 

Offline curiousB

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2017, 12:36:26 am »
fyi
The Aeotec switches come defaulted with Instant Status disabled thus they do not report back with a state change. rather they'll wait for the next polling cycle from Vera.

Just change Parameter 80 to hex value 1, save, then reconfigure device and it will then report right away after a state change. This can be important if you are using the DSC state to trigger downstream actions in your scenes.

VeraLite (1), Leviton VRI10-1LX (8 ), VP00R-1LZ (5), VRS15-1LX (1), Intermatic CA3500 (10), CA5100 (1), Aeon Labs DSC26103 (5), Foscam FI8918W (2) , FI9821W V2 (1), DLINK DCS-932L (2), DCS-930L (1), GE45604 (2), GE45603 (5), Honeywell RTH8580WF (2), HA-09WD (1), Kwikset 910TRL ZW (1), Aeon MMote (2)