Author Topic: Still having issues staying logged in... Giving up.  (Read 822 times)

Offline bengie66

• Sr. Newbie
Still having issues staying logged in... Giving up.
« on: August 27, 2014, 11:26:09 pm »
We are still having issues staying logged in with VeraMate. Two different iPhones, two different iTunes accounts. Same behavior, after a day or two have to logout and log back in. We have SimpleWave and the new Vera App and they stay logged in. My wife wants the app gone from her phone now. I have insisted in keeping it but she might be right... Too much hassle with other working options available.

After emailing VeraMate about the problem, got a response, they seem to have found the issue, something about timing, update coming soon but... This would be the second update to fix the same same staying logged in issue. No update released yet.

Would be an awesome app if it would stay logged in.

Thanks again for what would have been a cool app, thanks for trying.
Giving up on it now, will check back in the future to see if it finally gets fixed and how it is developed.

Bengie

Offline veramate

Re: Still having issues staying logged in... Giving up.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 05:00:42 am »
Hi Bengie - just replied to your last email.  7.3 is with Apple to be released in 4/5 days, and will fix some slow UI6/UI7 connection/refreshing issues (which is due to timing attempting to get a session from the server).  The autologging out problem won't be fixed though as I've had more reports of this occurring for 7.3 - this only occurs when running in the background or not at all, so has been extremely difficult to track down. If this is causing a problem, in the short term (until a fix is released) to prevent VeraMate from logging out, remove any geo fences as these are what causes it.

For those interested in a bit more detail, VeraMate encrypts user details in an Apple keychain to keep the login secure.  When GeoFences are used, VeraMate hooks into Apple API's to get information when the app is in the background or not running.  It's when this is activated when VeraMate isn't running that it appears to not be able to decrypt the user credentials, but only sometimes.

I have rewritten the security algorithm surrounding login information, and am currently having this tested.  Hopefully this will catch this strange scenario, and I'll queue the fix in 7.4 just after 7.3 comes out.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 05:54:13 am by veramate »
VeraMate for iOS - simple, customisable, Vera control.  http://www.veramate.com
Apple Watch, Voice Control, GeoFencing, iBeacons, Today Widget, UI5/6/7 support, Alerts.

Offline bengie66

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Still having issues staying logged in... Giving up.
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 07:17:31 am »
Hi, thanks for you prompt reply.
We don't use GeoFences, we don't have any setup.
VeraMate use location is off.

Thanks

Bengie