Author Topic: UI7 thermostats: lost functionality  (Read 9457 times)

Offline svaleb

Re: UI7 thermostats: lost functionality
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2015, 03:50:19 am »
@integlikewhoa
Mine are Danfoss.
In ui5 I can control the tetpoints with arrows uo/down and I could put in a new vallue by overwriting the one in the widget.
This was not possible in ui7, at least in the latest autum.
Regards
         CE

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2015, 12:09:26 pm »
@integlikewhoa
Mine are Danfoss.
In ui5 I can control the tetpoints with arrows uo/down and I could put in a new vallue by overwriting the one in the widget.
This was not possible in ui7, at least in the latest autum.
Regards
         CE

This has been possible for some time in ui7. I switched back in december and has been working since then.

In this picture I have click on the setpoint BOX in ui7 and you can see I can edit it. The blue and red arrows below change them same as you discribe.

Again I never use this tho as we have nice apps like homewave and imperihome that gets used more then the UI from a computer.

You should test it for yourself I'm not sure where your reading this information in the forum, but biggest complaint is only one temp showing at a time. Which also doesn't affect me and I'm not sure about u.

EDIT: ohh and until a month ago there was no "AUTO" in the UI. Which as you can see in my pic is also there.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 12:10:58 pm by integlikewhoa »

Offline TC1

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2015, 02:31:04 pm »
I find it short-sighted that MCV (and some users) think this is not a problem, while it doesn't affect me directly, I do have friends who live in the south-west portion of the USA, where one can definitely need cooling during the day and heat during the night because of the wide temperature extremes of living in a desert area. And for most efficient energy use, one doesn't want a single set-point, you don't want the systems to overlap, ideally there is middle band of temperature range where you don't need heating or cooling.

Offline svaleb

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2015, 06:29:46 pm »
Thanks integlikewhoa
I was unaware this problem had been solved. I follow the thermostat tread and I have only seen peaple asking for a solution.

SORRY mcv/vera for my unjustyfied complaint.

To TC1
the danfoss is only a thermostat for radiators it has no cooling or fan.

However, I would like two temperatures reported. The target, and the current, when they are the same your command is confirmed.
Regards
           CE

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2015, 06:42:50 pm »
I find it short-sighted that MCV (and some users) think this is not a problem, while it doesn't affect me directly, I do have friends who live in the south-west portion of the USA, where one can definitely need cooling during the day and heat during the night because of the wide temperature extremes of living in a desert area. And for most efficient energy use, one doesn't want a single set-point, you don't want the systems to overlap, ideally there is middle band of temperature range where you don't need heating or cooling.

I live in Los Angeles, California (actually Arcadia few mins from LA)......... I think that is the south-west.

Auto has a 3 degree overlap, but PLEG takes care of home away, and temp setting based on outdoor and indoor temps also. There is probley no day I need to run both A/C and Heat in the same day or I purposely try to adjust the PLEG conditions to prevent it. If its 90 during the day it's not gonna be 40 at night where I live. We just don't have huge swings here. If it's hot outside during the day I let the house get a bit colder then normal at night to prevent having to run the a/c starting so early in the AM.

MCV has a problem with the thermostat's, but it only affects a small number of people and most people are making this a huge deal when it don't even effect them. Then other people are not upgrading to ui7 (like I did) due to user complaints of this. Then after upgrading you find ( I found) you don't use it anyways. Making a mountain of a mole hill I think is the expression.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2015, 06:52:08 pm »
Thanks integlikewhoa
I was unaware this problem had been solved. I follow the thermostat tread and I have only seen peaple asking for a solution.

SORRY mcv/vera for my unjustyfied complaint.

To TC1
the danfoss is only a thermostat for radiators it has no cooling or fan.

However, I would like two temperatures reported. The target, and the current, when they are the same your command is confirmed.
Regards
           CE

With your thermostat you are like 90% of the people. you don't need a heating temp and a cooling temp.

Your last sentence you ask for current temp and set temp. That is displayed as in my picture. The top right is the current room temp also that is displayed in the logo on the temp left. Below the arrows and in the box I clicked on is my current setpoint. The color of the lego in the top left changes with Heat, Cool, Auto and off in my picture it is off so you will see gray. But it turns red for heat and blue for cool.

Here's picture below of what people want that they had in ui5. It has 3 temps. The cool temp, the heat temp, and the current temp.
what we have not is the set temp of either cool or heat, which ever your currently using and the current inside temp. So ui7 has 2 temps only not 3 like ui5.

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2015, 08:57:08 pm »
There are parts of the country where heating AND cooling can be needed in the same day.

During this time of the year you can save power by opening the window at the appropriate time of the day ...

I actually still use BOTH setpoints in my logic.
Once controls the actual HVAC  ... the other controls the house ventilation FAN.

A Heat/Cool thermostat actually has 3 temp regions. 
Above  Cool SetPoint -  Turn on Cooling
Between CoolSetpoint and HeatSetPoint - Do Nothing
Below  HeatSetPoint  - Turn on Heating.

When the Windows in the house are closed I used the above.
When the windows are OPEN, I turn the HVAC off and
If Temp > HeatSetPoint and OutsideTemp < Temp  ... turn on the whole house fan.

Offline svaleb

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2015, 05:41:52 am »
@integlikewhoa

Thanks for inlighting me about the thermostat widget.
I only need the setpoint with Danfoss and it would be great to get a confirmation that it has changed.
Good to see that there is progress.
"Some day I will have to go to ui7"

I am one of those who use the ui a lot.
Mobile phone connections are very poor in my erea.
Internet, the same, just had my line "dubbelt" to 4.6 mb down and 0.3 mb up.
So whenever possible I use remote acces to the ui.
Regards
         CE

Offline gengen

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2015, 10:38:50 am »
I am frustrated by this as everyone else. This is the major reason that I have not (down?)graded to UI7. I have repeatedly sent tech support requests to bring back UI5 functionality to set heat and cool setpoints (as well as fan and operating modes) independently ever since I got my hands on UI7 beta in late 2014, but so far, all I get from them is "There is no ETA on that."

Why oh why have they degraded functionality and broken compatibility with UI5?

Has everyone else complained directly to Vera Controls?

Offline kigmatzomat

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2015, 09:10:18 pm »
I did. No eta but Ally said the feature request exists. So there is at least two of us.